What's new

Turkish Space Programs

DXOyIjeWAAEt_cS.jpg

Turksat-6A 4+t

DW-3P2zWAAA1G8r.png

7c1c3e49-34b4-448f-9958-5134235a9c02.png

Small-COM: Optimized Communication Satellites for GEO
Small-COM is the telecommunication satellite platform, which is capable of accommodating a wide range of commercial payloads and missions; from TV broadcasting to multimedia applications, internet access and mobile or fixed services in a wide range of frequency bands. Small-COM's new, modular and flexible design, boosts global industry’s ability to play a significant role in commercial telecommunication satellites.

The satellite is a small sized platform which would potentially employ various frequency bands such as; Ka, Ku, X, C, S, L, UHF or any other telecommunication payloads according to the necessities with encrypted satellite access.

A finely optimized modular design approach was selected as a baseline in Small-COM Satellite solution to meet diversified customer requirements. The design of the satellite is based on previous experiences of TAI’s earth observation and telecommunication platforms.

https://www.tai.com.tr/en/product/small-com-optimized-communication-satellites-for-geo

PM me as soon as there's a decision on the launch site.

my bet is still on northern Cyprus.

I don’t see Turkey launching an indigenous SLV of its own by 2020

Did Turkey has to show you something earlier by 2020?

I don’t see Turkey launching an indigenous SLV by 2025 actually.

Turkish authorities talked about building a 2000km missile decade ago but nothing has been done yet. So SLV is almost impossible

I don’t see Turkey launching an indigenous SLV by 2025 actually.

Turkish authorities talked about building a 2000km missile decade ago but nothing has been done yet. So SLV is almost impossible
Turkey has a high secrecy level when it comes to missiles. It has a tendency not to announce missile programs until much later. For example the public came to know about the existence of the J family of missiles much later when it was already being used and showed in a parade.
Similarly, I wont be surprised if the 2000 km missile is already being field tested somewhere.

Turkey has a high secrecy level when it comes to missiles. It has a tendency not to announce missile programs until much later. For example the public came to know about the existence of the J family of missiles much later when it was already being used and showed in a parade.
Similarly, I wont be surprised if the 2000 km missile is already being field tested somewhere.

That was in the past. Today, you have much more Defence companies, Defence Forums, Defence stuffs on social media’s and of course army members with smart phones. It is much harder to hide secret projects like this.

Aseslan successfully completed TÜRKSAT 6A STM (Structural and Thermal Model) assembly :-)
a2c73c32-c13f-45e9-9b01-c506eeff3aa5.jpg

Domestic transponders for domestic satellites !
Aselsan delivered Ku-band transponder for Tursat-6A
transponder.jpg

Engineering model studies of EHF band transponders have been successfully completed. Flight model of EHF transponders are being developed right now.

I remember reading that J series entered inventory in mid 90's and only showed to public in mid 2000s so after a decade when it was operational already.
Just because we dont hear about a 2000km missile doesnt me it doesnt exist.

I remember reading that J series entered inventory in mid 90's and only showed to public in mid 2000s so after a decade when it was operational already.
Just because we dont hear about a 2000km missile doesnt me it doesnt exist.

But it doesn’t apply the opposite. If you would follow this kind logic, Turkey could has any kind of weapon system, because of non existing evidence.

Back
Top Bottom