What's new

Turkish Space Programs

We should build the launch pad in Northern Cyprus. Closer to equator the better.

We should build the launch pad in Northern Cyprus. Closer to equator the better.
Rocket first stages usually fall 100s of kilometers away. If you launch from cyprus the first stage will fall into syria.
I think the launch station will be in Somalia; On the equator and open sea to its east.

Rocket first stages usually fall 100s of kilometers away. If you launch from cyprus the first stage will fall into syria.
I think the launch station will be in Somalia; On the equator and open sea to its east.
We might land the first stage in Hatay.

Ps. I really want the Greeks to try something stupid so we can invade the rest of the island.
More we can piss them off the better.

I would rather not deal with Somalia security, logistics, etc

I don't have very big expectations, but it could be amazing if it will be reusable rocket just like SpaceX. But yeah, highly unlikely.

I don't have very big expectations, but it could be amazing if it will be reusable rocket just like SpaceX. But yeah, highly unlikely.
it's not that big a deal actually, NASA has been recovering the space shuttle and reusing it for decades before it retired. But they were using solid rocket boosters and those are impossible to control once they are fired.

Actually NASA accomplished a more difficult task with the shuttle, that thing was getting in and out of the atmosphere and enduring the re-entry heat. Problem was that the heat shield required a lot of maintenance and that made reusability almost pointelss.

Recovering the first stage boosters isn't that difficult in comparison. We could do it the same way SpaceX did.

We don't actually need space shuttles, even US doesn't. They will retire all the shuttles (maybe already did) and will go for SnC's dreamer desing. Shuttle designed to do all missions together, which makes it so complicated, expensive, unnecessery. Today, non-manned payloads could be sent with Falcon-Heavy class rocket, cheaper. For manned flights, there will be SnC's dreamer, or SpaceX's dragon capsule.

We don't actually need space shuttles, even US doesn't. They will retire all the shuttles (maybe already did) and will go for SnC's dreamer desing. Shuttle designed to do all missions together, which makes it so complicated, expensive, unnecessery. Today, non-manned payloads could be sent with Falcon-Heavy class rocket, cheaper. For manned flights, there will be SnC's dreamer, or SpaceX's dragon capsule.
Shuttle got retired a few years ago due to budget cuts. We can safely say that shuttle have failed in it's goals, it wasn't safe and it wasn't cheap despite reusability.

I didn't mean to suggest that we need a shuttle. I just wanted to say that the task lied ahead of the shuttle program was of greater difficulty. Recovering the first stage boosters is much easier by comparison.

By design first stage engines are optimized for atmospheric conditions, so they are never meant to leave the atmosphere and re-enter. As a result they don't suffer from re-entry burn and they don't need excessive maintenance and repair like shuttle did. So everything is a bit easier.

We can do it.

Last edited:
it's not that big a deal actually, NASA has been recovering the space shuttle and reusing it for decades before it retired. But they were using solid rocket boosters and those are impossible to control once they are fired.

Actually NASA accomplished a more difficult task with the shuttle, that thing was getting in and out of the atmosphere and enduring the re-entry heat. Problem was that the heat shield required a lot of maintenance and that made reusability almost pointelss.

Recovering the first stage boosters isn't that difficult in comparison. We could do it the same way SpaceX did.

On the contrary, Most of NASA veterans and many astronauts like Neil Armstrong openly said, they don't believe what SpaceX trying to achieve is technically possible. Until, SpaceX succeeded it.

Landing it back is indeed a difficult task.
But if nasa actually wanted it, they'd land it back safely on its head on top of another rocket.

Landing it back is indeed a difficult task.
But if nasa actually wanted it, they'd land it back safely on its head on top of another rocket.

You really should watch testimonies of high level NASA officials . They never believed that this was possible and They testified for this in Senate committees. This was one of the biggest blow to SpaceX face.

5E12CA3C-5822-444E-ACD1-54A7C274ED09.jpeg
16C0B174-A4BC-424B-B217-E363EAA2F5E7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom