What's new

Turkish Small Arms Industry | Updates and Discussions

I have already read there and i am the member of tt.com for app 10 years my nickname is exorcist:)
1) Have you ever heard about HK416 and HK 556 which has respectively 5,56mmNATO and .223 calibers and semi-auto version for civil markets? What are the differences between HK416 and HK 417?
I answer you : Nothing ! Same gun platform with different caliber.
Also Turkish MPT 76 has different calibers version like MPT55 wit 5,56 mm caliber which is distingueshed just from caliber.

2)Turkish gunsmitshs consider this tactic which consists little differences on bolt to avoid international commercial law which saves HKs patents and copyrights on HK416 and HK 417 model.

If you read very well this site, you willl see: they also emphasise that changing some little details on MPT platform can yield big trouble related with working system.

EDIT:
But those forumers and me insist those changes dont make MPT76 genuine anassault rifle different from HK416 platform. Just a replica. But there is nothing to be asshamed of to produce replica guns. For example People Republic of China, Bulgaria, Romania which have been producing and maintaining a lot of armies with AK replicas.

1) AR-10 & AR-15 classification comes from its creators. First they designed AR-10 and then, by the 5.56 mm cartridge created, they created 5.56mm version and named it as AR-15. Even though it just a caliber change.

2) HK patents still valid unlike AR’s. So you can’t produce replica or clone yet. If you do it, you will be sued/warned/protested like in the case of Mexican G-36 replication. As there’s nothing for MPT-76, it must not be a replica/clone.

1) AR-10 & AR-15 classification comes from its creators. First they designed AR-10 and then, by the 5.56 mm cartridge created, they created 5.56mm version and named it as AR-15. Even though it just a caliber change.

2) HK patents still valid unlike AR’s. So you can’t produce replica or clone yet. If you do it, you will be sued/warned/protested like in the case of Mexican G-36 replication. As there’s nothing for MPT-76, it must not be a replica/clone.
someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I remember MEKEK buying the licence of the G36 gas piston

1) neither AR-15 nor AR-10 is the mother or father of MPT. MPT is copy of HK416-417 platform.
2)What about Turkish commitments ,which are granted by Turkish Law codex and legislative by Turkish Parliament, in front of the European Court?
We are not mexico, we are associated member of the EU. We cant just copy it.

1) neither AR-15 nor AR-10 is the mother or father of MPT. MPT is copy of HK416-417 platform.
2)What about Turkish commitments ,which are granted by Turkish Law codex and legislative by Turkish Parliament, in front of the European Court?
We are not mexico, we are associated member of the EU. We cant just copy it.

Not a copy but a (simplified) derivative. That’s what I see which can be different by others.

Last edited:
I swear some people have brains made of 100% calcium. The HK416's original name was the HK-M4. Guess why?

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/turkish-made-firearms-updates-discussions.300627/page-46#post-9330079
There is no reason written there. You just copied your nonsenses.
İ cant really understand your hostility and agressive behaivour .
you might just be asshamed
Because of that a dude with his bad english is teaching you:
HK416 is not AR-15 platform and your knowledge is redundant here.

Last edited:
DWZTGUlWkAAhFBZ

There is no reason written there. You just copied your nonsenses.
İ cant really understand your hostility and agressive behaivour .
you might just be asshamed
Because of that a dude with his bad english is teaching you:
HK416 is not AR-15 platform and your knowledge is redundant here.

Sorry for my tone but this is the 10th time the same thing is being repeated about the MPT. The HK416 is an M4 derivative, so pretending like it's some original and innovative rifle and the MPT is a clone is insulting - why should a German tweak of an AR be considered original while a Turkish tweak of an AR be considered a copy? What's important is that Kale went through a 4 year engineering process to came up with the MPT design, even though it's a conservative one. That engineering process is what will enable Kale's future designs to be more original and innovative. And by the way the HK416's design is no secret, even the wiki is open about the fact it's based on the M4 and AR-18:

The Heckler & Koch HK416 ... design is in large part based on the AR-15 class of weapons, specifically the Colt M4 carbine family issued to the U.S. military, it uses an HK-proprietary short-stroke gas piston system originally derived from the ArmaLite AR-18 (the same system was also used in Heckler & Koch's earlier G36 family of rifles).
Link

Does anyone know whether the Turkish arms industry has put resources into developing smart air bust platforms.

What are airburst rounds
Turkey has experience from Korkut system which was even way harder to make. I believe shooting against stationed possition will be easy to make and all friendly countries Special forces will try to purchase it..

Turkey has experience from Korkut system which was even way harder to make. I believe shooting against stationed possition will be easy to make and all friendly countries Special forces will try to purchase it..

I don't know, the Korkut system is probably using proximity ammunition which was already available since late ww2. Here we are talking about a system which can set a any distance for detonation.

People can argue whether the MPT76 was a copy. For me i dont care id rather see Turkey have an industry of copying rather than buying foreign. The Chinese do it and it works.

Nothing wrong in copying and putting in your own designs or innovations. No point in reinventing the wheel.

People can argue whether the MPT76 was a copy. For me i dont care id rather see Turkey have an industry of copying rather than buying foreign. The Chinese do it and it works.

Nothing wrong in copying and putting in your own designs or innovations. No point in reinventing the wheel.
it would be reinventing the wheel if AR10 was a pinnacle of what a rifle can be :)
There are much better designs out there, and much better rounds than 7.62x51 NATO aswell.

You could have better accuracy, better recoil and even longer range in a more compact package.

Just take a look at the original bullet made by the mauser engineers during the development of CETME. Such ingenuity.

Last edited:
AR platform is a proven design despite its flaws many armies either use AR or AK platforms.

In my opinion I would have prefered if Turkey made a Scar like Battle rifle and Assault rifle.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom