What's new

Turkish Small Arms Industry | Updates and Discussions

By the way Guys any report on How MPT 76 is performing in Syrian Operation ???

By the way Guys any report on How MPT 76 is performing in Syrian Operation ???
Mate, it's a proven design that goes back to vietnam, there's really not that much that can go wrong with it.

It's nothing spectacular though

Mate, it's a proven design that goes back to vietnam, there's really not that much that can go wrong with it.

Sorry but being AR-15 Rifle doesn't make sure it would perform their are many AR-15 design rifles in the world that totally suck so if MPT-76 performs well in this Battle without issue this would be great morale booster for Turkish Firearm companies.

Sorry but being AR-15 Rifle doesn't make sure it would perform their are many AR-15 design rifles in the world that totally suck so if MPT-76 performs well in this Battle without issue this would be great morale booster for Turkish Firearm companies.

Why would it be a morale booster for firearms companies, they should develop a weapon that is completely original first before looking for 'morale boosters' ...

Turkish replica of HK 416 aka MPT 76 assault rifles have different mechanism system from ar-15 platforms.
AR-15 platforms have gas system, HK-416 and MPT 76 platform have gas-piston system based on ar-15 bolt receiver.
Anyway we could say HK-416 rifles have genuine design. But hk416 is appeared not to be service rifle in German Army due-to expensive cost. Therefor our MPT76 which is produced and accepted, is happened to be combat proven sole replica of hk 416. MPT 76 saves reputation of hk416.

Turkish replica of HK 416 aka MPT 76 assault rifles have different mechanism system from ar-15 platforms.
AR-15 platforms have gas system, HK-416 and MPT 76 platform have gas-piston system based on ar-15 bolt receiver.
Anyway we could say HK-416 rifles have genuine design. But hk416 is appeared not to be service rifle in German Army due-to expensive cost. Therefor our MPT76 which is produced and accepted, is happened to be combat proven sole replica of hk 416. MPT 76 saves reputation of hk416.
Only difference between direct impingement gas system and the gas piston on the MPT76/HK417 type rifles is that there's a rod inside the gas tube :)

1346759667.jpg

HUGE DIFFERENCE LOL

Expensive cost could be due to expensive German workers and strict quality control of the H&K. Otherwise there's nothing complicated or expensive to produce about the HK416/17

US military didn't find HK417 too expensive, they adopted the M27 IAR which is HK417 with a heavy barrell and that's it.

There's NOTHING new or innovative about MPT76 it's just the billionth copy of the AR15

Nope bro MPT 76 is not a copy of AR-15. MPT is copy of HK416-417.
And HK417 isnt considered to be copy of ar-15 platforms. Lower receiver fits but thats all. It was the marketing strategy of HK to temp AR-15 owners of American civil market and US Army.
This little tiny piston changes everything.

Nope bro MPT 76 is not a copy of AR-15. MPT is copy of HK416-417.
And HK417 isnt considered to be copy of ar-15 platforms. Lower receiver fits but thats all. It was the marketing strategy of HK to temp AR-15 owners of American civil market and US Army.
This little tiny piston changes everything.
Not really, it's just a bit cleaner and they are claiming that it's a bit more reliable and that's it. DI is also lighter
There are advantages and disadvantages to both systems.

I prefer gas-piston too but gas piston AR15s existed before HK416.

Piston systems come from AK platform. FN and SIG also mixed those systems. But the shortest piston is owned by HK416.

Yes there were some piston systems ARs but they werent AR-15s. Being AR and AR-15 are different things.
Gas-piston oprated AR was the AR-18 which was sent to IRA militants. Unfortunately this ar-18s didnt continue .

Piston systems come from AK platform. FN and SIG also mixed those systems. But the shortest piston is owned by HK416.

Yes there were some piston systems ARs but they werent AR-15s. Being AR and AR-15 are different things.
Gas-piston oprated AR was the AR-18 which was sent to IRA militants. Unfortunately this ar-18s didnt continue .
cool, I didn't know that.

ironically AR180 was made for poorer countries that couldn't afford the AR15 IIRC :)

Still though, you had gas piston AR15s made as early as 1981:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Langendorfer

Last edited:
80cc04add36a4db7fc8b81ff42cdadf1--irish-republican-army-female-fighter.jpg

DKv1pUgX0AEvGOk.jpg

AR-18 on the hand of IRA female militant. Irishmen must have been drunk, thats why irish women took the weapon.

EDIT:
Cmon guys if somedude had repaired his rifle and had added some parts in his garage, it wouldnt have happened to be mass produced.
Just individual attempts.

Last edited:
1. MPT-76 is an AR-10 based rifle like HK-417 which all are 7.62x51mm. AR-15’s are 5.56x45mm rifles

2. MPT-76 is not clone of HK-417 rifle system but a simplified version due to:
a. The return spring and gas rings in the system are not present in the MPT76 unlike HK-417.
b. Cartridge extractor is single in MPT-76 which two in number in HK-417.

Read the following for more detail (Sorry, Turkish only):
http://www.tabancatufek.com/forum2/showthread.php?tid=12343

P. S. Since MPT-76 have less parts compared to HK-417, expect more reliability apart from production quality issues.

Last edited:
1. MPT-76 is an AR-10 based rifle like HK-417 which all are 7.62x51mm. AR-15’s are 5.56x45mm rifles

2. MPT-76 is not clone of HK-417 rifle system but a simplified version due to:
a. The return spring and gas rings in the system are not present in the MPT76 unlike HK-417.
b. Cartridge extractor is single in MPT-76 which two in number in HK-417.

Read the following for more detail (Sorry, Turkish only):
http://www.tabancatufek.com/forum2/showthread.php?tid=12343
I have already read there and i am the member of tt.com for app 10 years my nickname is exorcist:)
1) Have you ever heard about HK416 and HK 556 which has respectively 5,56mmNATO and .223 calibers and semi-auto version for civil markets? What are the differences between HK416 and HK 417?
I answer you : Nothing ! Same gun platform with different caliber.
Also Turkish MPT 76 has different calibers version like MPT55 wit 5,56 mm caliber which is distingueshed just from caliber.

2)Turkish gunsmitshs consider this tactic which consists little differences on bolt to avoid international commercial law which saves HKs patents and copyrights on HK416 and HK 417 model.

If you read very well this site, you willl see: they also emphasise that changing some little details on MPT platform can yield big trouble related with working system.

EDIT:
But those forumers and me insist those changes dont make MPT76 genuine anassault rifle different from HK416 platform. Just a replica. But there is nothing to be asshamed of to produce replica guns. For example People Republic of China, Bulgaria, Romania which have been producing and maintaining a lot of armies with AK replicas.

Last edited:
cool, I didn't know that.

ironically AR180 was made for poorer countries that couldn't afford the AR15 IIRC :)

Still though, you had gas piston AR15s made as early as 1981:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Langendorfer
I have to admit my fault:
"The shortest piston" it was very redundant and ambitious remark. I shouldnt have said that.
Because there are a lot of shorter rifles with shorter pistons like AK-74U.
I should have said like this. HK416 platform fitting onto AR-15 short piston , can save all the pros of AR-15 like accuracy.
Using shorter pistons, HK416 platform reduces recoil. But short pistons have cons and another troubles. For example AK-74 U.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom