What's new

Turkish Small Arms Industry | Updates and Discussions

@BordoEnes Oh dude. You are such a weapons expert. All human beings are relatives of amoebas

Best argument of the century.
7db.gif

Last edited:
For some reason I don'like 5.56 Nato ammo. Its deviations are massive even if it touches a leaf.

For some reason I don'like 5.56 Nato ammo. Its deviations are massive even if it touches a leaf.

I hate to see some of our "s" size soldiers tow massive rifles while American soldiers move around comfortably with tiny rifles.

@FutureMe M-16 standart US rifle is 5.56 mm but often criticed same with German G-36 , 5.56 mm is not very effective and some "plastic" parts are also very unrelieable.
In Jungle war, sometimes in Latin America ammo deviated if it touched a leaf. Germans had Problems in Afghanistan with G-36

@FutureMe M-16 standart US rifle is 5.56 mm but often criticed same with German G-36 , 5.56 mm is not very effective and some "plastic" parts are also very unrelieable.
In Jungle war, sometimes in Latin America ammo deviated if it touched a leaf. Germans had Problems in Afghanistan with G-36

Still the stupid Americans (the biggest and richest military power) never give up using them, should mean something.

Still the stupid Americans (the biggest and richest military power) never give up using them, should mean something.

They've wanted to switch to an intermediate caliber (6.8mm) for a while now but there's too many obstacles against it. The US procurement bureaucracy is so inefficient it would probably take 3 attempts and 20 years, not to mention a lot of money. And NATO would have to switch to the new round too, but most NATO countries don't have the money to switch and since most aren't involved in any ground conflicts there's no compelling reason for them to. That's why it hasn't happened, not because the new round wouldn't be better. There's no question it would be better.

They've wanted to switch to an intermediate caliber (6.8mm) for a while now but there's too many obstacles against it. The US procurement bureaucracy is so inefficient it would probably take 3 attempts and 20 years, not to mention a lot of money. And NATO would have to switch to the new round too, but most NATO countries don't have the money to switch and since most aren't involved in any ground conflicts there's no compelling reason for them to. That's why it hasn't happened, not because the new round wouldn't be better. There's no question it would be better.

I got involved in long discussions about this 6.8mm rounds before and I am all for it. I think the Turkish army is very well suited to experiment with it. There could even be huge potential to export it. And the fact that we are in the process of renewing our inventory is a huge boon in this case. The burden of producing some ammunition stock for it shouldn't be reason enough to keep us from experimenting with it. Our industry is also involved in design work recently and it would be a worthy challenge for them to get in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom