What's new

Turkish Small Arms Industry | Updates and Discussions

I got involved in long discussions about this 6.8mm rounds before and I am all for it. I think the Turkish army is very well suited to experiment with it. There could even be huge potential to export it. And the fact that we are in the process of renewing our inventory is a huge boon in this case. The burden of producing some ammunition stock for it shouldn't be reason enough to keep us from experimenting with it. Our industry is also involved in design work recently and it would be a worthy challenge for them to get in.

Turkey can't switch to it by itself due to NATO standardisation.

You litteraly make no sense. The entire design/ergonomics is just another one of the hundreds AR clones and the gast piston is that of the HK-417 with some extremely minor changes that are even unworthy of being discussed, which by the way makes it even worse then HK-417. Your own link confirms this.

"Like many modern infantry weapons, the MPT-76 is based on the AR-10/15 design, but features a short-stroke gas-piston system similar to that found in the HK417. The rifle does, however, feature several differences to the HK417, with the piston system being designed without a spring and ring, and the rotating bolt features a single ejector to the HK417's two."

You give this to any other gun fanatic and say its designed by Turkey they will laugh in your face and ask which screw. SSM might have silenced this guy but the moment this baby hits the US market people will actually have the posibility of giving a true view of the rifle. The iron sight btw is also a rip-off of the SCAR.

Anyone who thinks this gun is truelly "domestic" should get their fvcking head examined. Its a HK-417 clone, get over it. Those minor changes arent worthy of being noticable and mentioned. Those minor changes are by far the only contribution that can be considerid Turkish, which doesnt even make the rifle better in ANY aspect. The rifle doesnt have enough Turkish contribution for it to be considered truelly Turkish. Dont get me wrong the rifle is extremely well received after Kale joined the project and it sure as hell is a good rifle for the armed forces.

The purpose of developing this rifle is to supply the Turkish army with a modern infantry rifle I guess, and not stepping on somebody elses turf in the process. That means inventing something isn't the purpose. And the fact that the design does not infringe the IP rights of other vendors is good enough for an achievement. The probability of somebody laughing at it is there but doesn't mean anything other than the fact that the competitors can't do anything but laugh at you to stop you. This is how the IP rights system works; if you produce and sell and benefit the protection of the world IP rights system then you pay the price by making it a part of the world heritage and available for anyone to use at will.

Turkey can't switch to it by itself due to NATO standardisation.

We wouldn't make it our standard rifle but use it for special forces, exports and non NATO operations.

Last edited:
They may buy new SIG Saucer's as part of pistol program.

Turkish small arms industry is not bad but more original designs are needed.

How about the MPT76? Turkey needs one indigenous pistol (for mass use), one assault rifle, and some handgrenades, rockets launchers etc. Everything that's needed in war in large numbers needs to be made fully in Turkey with Turkish parts and designs. Specialty items can be imported.

L4v3Jz.jpg

Sorry the page is in Turkish language from where I took the picture and I don't understand Turkish

Are all these under mass production ? @Azeri440

no worries , Yalquzaq just completed the testing and is about to go in production
Yirtiji has been revealed less than a year ago and is most likely just completing its testing

other ones are in production

Back
Top Bottom