What's new

Turkish Small Arms Industry | Updates and Discussions

Light 105 mm howitzer - airliftable with Blackhawks / good Idea !

130723-Z-ZZ999-127.jpg

Hehehe i really cringed when i watched the video. The dude just cant say the two words "HK-417 clone" probably because of SSM. :lol:

They don't call it a 417 clone because they aren't morons who want to misinform their viewers.

It's an AR-pattern rifle with a unique gas-piston system. Kale didn't spend years doing R&D for this rifle just to produce a clone. Read.

I like how they made the rifle "ambidextrous", bolt release on one side (R&D$$$
thumbs_up.png
) and charging handle release latch one sided just above forward assist button .. nice placement (R&D $$$
thumbs_up.png
)....

What do we expect when we got monkies running the show..

They don't call it a 417 clone because they aren't morons who want to misinform their viewers.

It's an AR-pattern rifle with a unique gas-piston system. Kale didn't spend years doing R&D for this rifle just to produce a clone. Read.
The prime contractor of this project is MKEK, not Kale. After the first "Mehmetcik 1" fiasco proved MKEK's incompetence, Kale joined the project only in the later stages. At the very least they made the right decision to clone a proven and reliable weapon with some external changes, insted of a direct licensed HK-416.

Its just a HK-417 clone. The AR-10/15 with an enlarged G-36 gas piston system. So in other words just a HK-417 clone. You think those extremely minor changes would make it "indegenious"? We are talking about MKEK here, a company that is run by monkeys for monkeys. After all these years of "R&D" and funding all they could come up with was a licensed HK-416.... what a joke. The fact that the guy didnt even utter the word HK-417 means that SSM probably didnt allow it, with good reason.

I only WISH that Kale was the prime contractor in this project from the start as they would actually put the money into better use, sadly that is not the case.

Last edited:
Hehehe i really cringed when i watched the video. The dude just cant say the two words "HK-417 clone" probably because of SSM. :lol:

Notice when he says, Unique.. he's holding himself from laughing, I bet he had a great (inside) laugh roaming around MKEK facilities with people wearing slippers and socks operating heavy machinery..

I bet he had a great (inside) laugh roaming around MKEK facilities with people wearing slippers and socks operating heavy machinery..
You're looking at it the wrong way, these guys are more capable than you think. :D

"The culture of an organization is increasingly important. Creating this unique culture doesn’t have to cost thousands, and can affect how team members interact with each other, build stronger relationships and, ideally, increase productivity."

5 Inexpensive Ways to Create a Company Culture Like Google's

Last edited:
You're looking at it the wrong way, these guys are more capable than you think.

"The culture of an organization is increasingly important. Creating this unique culture doesn’t have to cost thousands, and can affect how team members interact with each other, build stronger relationships and, ideally, increase productivity."

5 Inexpensive Ways to Create a Company Culture Like Google's

Yeah, great for the office environment.. :D :D

Last edited:
The prime contractor of this project is MKEK, not Kale. After the first "Mehmetcik 1" fiasco proved MKEK's incompetence, Kale joined the project only in the later stages. .

I didn't say Kale was the prime contractor, I said Kale designed it, which they did. MKEK can't design sh*t, which is why the Mehmetcik-1 was going to be a 416/417 licensed copy, but they scrapped it and subcontracted Kale to design a new rifle instead.

I see you didn't read my link either. It doesn't use the G-36 gas piston, and it's not a "licensed" 416/417. Go read the MPT thread.

I bet you posted the same crap on the Youtube video too. If anyone is wondering why Youtube comments have a reputation of being an intellectual wasteland, this is why.

You think those extremely minor changes would make it "indegenious"?

As long as the design process occurred and was indigenous, it's an indigenous design, even if it ends up being very similar to another design. In engineering, similar problems often end up with similar solutions.

Also, anyone that knows anything about firearms knows that those minor changes are what make most weapons different from one another. Almost every rifle design heavily borrows from previous designs. Externally they might look different but internally they're almost exactly the same.

Do you think the G-36 is the only short-stroke gas piston? The 416/417 itself is basically an AR with a short-stroke gas piston, so why don't you call it an AR-18 clone? You know the AR-18 was designed in the 60s, right? And there are other AR-pattern rifles also with short-stroke pistons which aren't 416 clones either. Just because 2 things are similar does not make one a clone of the other.

MKEK produced two or three different prototypes of MPTat different times for field trials but All of them have been sent back to MKEK cause of failure results. After that, KALE group joined into design/development to fix all problems. In accordance with their detail analizes, Tens of failure design critics were found and Kale group re-designed all those failure parts, Then produced a new prototype for field trials. Bingo ! MPT passed all tests without meeting any problem...

Nothing to surprize ! Same MKEK can't even test Roketsan developed base bleeding unit for MKEK developed 155mm munitions so accused Roketsan engineers for their failures. Then Roketsan engineers joined into trials and teach them How BBU can be used on munitions, so It is realized that It is not BBU but MKEK field crews that failed so Roketsan passed into serial production...

http://www.roketsan.com.tr/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/basebleed-SBT2015-ing.pdf

MKEK produced two or three different prototypes of MPTat different times for field trials but All of them have been sent back to MKEK cause of failure results. After that, KALE group joined into design/development to fix all problems. In accordance with their detail analizes, Tens of failure design critics were found and Kale group re-designed all those failure parts, Then produced a new prototype for field trials. Bingo ! MPT passed all tests without meeting any problem...

Nothing to surprize ! Same MKEK can't even test Roketsan developed base bleeding unit for MKEK developed 155mm munitions so accused Roketsan engineers for their failures. Then Roketsan engineers joined into trials and teach them How BBU can be used on munitions, so It is realized that It is not BBU but MKEK field crews that failed so Roketsan passed into serial production...

http://www.roketsan.com.tr/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/basebleed-SBT2015-ing.pdf

All these failures from the MKEK makes me wonder, Who is in management ?

I didn't say Kale was the prime contractor, I said Kale designed it, which they did. MKEK can't design sh*t, which is why the Mehmetcik-1 was going to be a 416/417 licensed copy, but they scrapped it and subcontracted Kale to design a new rifle instead.

I see you didn't read my link either. It doesn't use the G-36 gas piston, and it's not a "licensed" 416/417. Go read the MPT thread.

I bet you posted the same crap on the Youtube video too. If anyone is wondering why Youtube comments have a reputation of being an intellectual wasteland, this is why.

As long as the design process occurred and was indigenous, it's an indigenous design, even if it ends up being very similar to another design. In engineering, similar problems often end up with similar solutions.

Also, anyone that knows anything about firearms knows that those minor changes are what make most weapons different from one another. Almost every rifle design heavily borrows from previous designs. Externally they might look different but internally they're almost exactly the same.

Do you think the G-36 is the only short-stroke gas piston? The 416/417 itself is basically an AR with a short-stroke gas piston, so why don't you call it an AR-18 clone? You know the AR-18 was designed in the 60s, right? And there are other AR-pattern rifles also with short-stroke pistons which aren't 416 clones either. Just because 2 things are similar does not make one a clone of the other.

You litteraly make no sense. The entire design/ergonomics is just another one of the hundreds AR clones and the gast piston is that of the HK-417 with some extremely minor changes that are even unworthy of being discussed, which by the way makes it even worse then HK-417. Your own link confirms this.

"Like many modern infantry weapons, the MPT-76 is based on the AR-10/15 design, but features a short-stroke gas-piston system similar to that found in the HK417. The rifle does, however, feature several differences to the HK417, with the piston system being designed without a spring and ring, and the rotating bolt features a single ejector to the HK417's two."

You give this to any other gun fanatic and say its designed by Turkey they will laugh in your face and ask which screw. SSM might have silenced this guy but the moment this baby hits the US market people will actually have the posibility of giving a true view of the rifle. The iron sight btw is also a rip-off of the SCAR.

Anyone who thinks this gun is truelly "domestic" should get their fvcking head examined. Its a HK-417 clone, get over it. Those minor changes arent worthy of being noticable and mentioned. Those minor changes are by far the only contribution that can be considerid Turkish, which doesnt even make the rifle better in ANY aspect. The rifle doesnt have enough Turkish contribution for it to be considered truelly Turkish. Dont get me wrong the rifle is extremely well received after Kale joined the project and it sure as hell is a good rifle for the armed forces.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom