What's new

Turkish ship shelled off Libya coast, officer killed, several crew injured

GNC
'At the beginning of 2014, Libya was governed by the General National Congress (GNC) (which had been elected by popular vote a year and a half earlier). The GNC had become the subject of considerable discontent for among other things: allegedly being dominated by Islamists despite that group's holding of only a minority of seats in the GNC; channeling government funds towards some Islamist armed groups and allowing others to conduct assassinations and kidnappings;[44] suppressing inconvenient debates and inquiries in the congress by removing them from the congressional agenda;[44] voting to declare sharia law and establishing "a special committee" to "review all existing laws to guarantee they comply with Islamic law";[45] imposing gender segregation and compulsory hijab at Libyan universities; and refusing to hold new elections when its electoral mandate expired in January 2014 until after Khalifa Haftar launched a military offensive against it.[60]'

Is turkey on the right side?

Middle-east is so messed up. War is waiting to happen. Turkey shouldn't get caught up in it and destroy its economy. That is what certain powers want. If we enter a war, we will enter it on our own terms and conditions. If we give a response to this trap it would be a loosing game. Instead thinking in "actions" we should think in long term strategies.

Imho, EU will get involved with Libya soon. That oil must start flowing again......and those refugees must stop swimming.

Derna is iirc capital city of some Islamic militia....and Libyans are trying to starve/exhaust them out.

i wonder what the mighty erdogan will do about it

It was carrying a Cook Islands flag, not a Turkish flag.
Mate, i'm not expert on this issue but i know all most all of the commercial ships carry these of not well known countries flag.. (something related docking fees)

Thats what Hafez clan did, see it as a pay back.

Yes. PS: talked to my dad about the Apo thing and military tensions back then, and indeed it wasn't just saber rattling, tensions really were high and the Turkish government really needed to deliver Apo to the people. Scary times back then it appears.

It is a good trait not being hot headed and not reacting to provocations. This is written in the art of war but you are also right. Nobody is taking us serious because they know there is no reprisal. If you were commander officer what would you have done?

Turkey already has islamists on the ground in both libya and syria doing the work that tatars did for it 400 years ago.

EYJ69q.jpg

Bu dizi bence kesinlikle normal bir dizi değil.Her diyaloğu ayrı bir şifre ve ipucu gibi. Daha ''Pusu'' başlamadan kaç sene önce bizi üst aklın Suriye batağına göndereceğinin mesajını dizi vermişti.

Bence yaşanan bu tip gelişmelerle birileri Türkiye'ye mesaj gönderiyor.

İşin kötü yanı başımızda pkk belası varken yeni bir cephe açmak Türkiye'nin sonu olur inşallah bu yanlışa düşmeyiz.

" "A ship was shelled about 10 miles from Derna coast. We have warned before about approaching Derna port," Mohamed Hejazi told Reuters news agency."

And i heard that 2 times airstirke???

What kind of ammunitions were used?? Land based artillery or antiship missile? If airstrike, like a penguin missile they might be used???

Back
Top Bottom