What's new

Turkish Sensor and Detector Programs

Doesn't it block side view when it's mounted under the wing ?

I mean this side...

View attachment 158845

Yeah it does, but most important is to be able to observe forwards. The other thing is, if you put it on the bottom, you can't do pop-up attacks (helicopter hovers low, the hull is concealed and the enemy can only see the radar). Then again, the Tiger can't do the pop-up attack because its radar is below the rotor head, which can be detected. So where they choose to place the radar really depends on what its intended purpose is.

t 130 2d.jpg
like here =) ı dont know who draw thıs pic but looks good

Dedem olsa ''onu yapan senin kadar bilemiyormuydu'' derdi. :)

The other thing is, if you put it on the bottom, you can't do pop-up attacks (helicopter hovers low, the hull is concealed and the enemy can only see the radar). Then again, the Tiger can't do the pop-up attack because its radar is below the rotor head, which can be detected.

:enjoy:

I have also a question, why is a wire cutter standart at many choppers today, i mean does it happen often that choppers fly into power lines?

I have also a question, why is a wire cutter standart at many choppers today, i mean does it happen often that choppers fly into power lines?

IIRC, of 19 TSK helis that had accidents, 6-7 fell because of power lines. the last one was near ankara (december 2013 IIRC), when heli hit the power line near gölbaşı.

mildar.JPG

Guys it says MİLDAR has 28 km range... Now, is it T-129's MİLDAR or what ?.. When i look at AN/APG-78 Longbow radar i see it has 8 km range... BTW i also see that AN/APG-78 is called as a fire control radar... Can someone explain it to us... Is T-129 MİLDAR a fire control radar at the same time...

BTW they say they will produce MİLDAR variants for UAVs & Naval platforms...

Back
Top Bottom