What's new

Turkish Sensor and Detector Programs

123p9jo.jpg

Domestic Mobile and Stationary radar projects.

It is thought to be long range land based radar programs similar with TRS-22XX.

27449_422_23102012_15.jpg

@ cabatli_53

Question my great brother ?

The mastership technology ‘Gallium Nitrate (GaN) semiconductors’ will allow it to produce the equivalent of this or not ? ;)

Your opinion... :smart:

Brother, Aselsan doesn't invest such big masts to test solely small and medium scale radars. :)

Stationary radar project Undersecretariat document have been posted above, are most probably containing development of Green pine like radar which is able to detect fying objects including ballistic missiles from long ranges. At a Turkish military magazine (If I remember it correct) that was published 2-3 years ago, was mentioned that ATOM team (Aselsan/Tubitak/ODTU/Meteksan) (ATOM team is designer of TF-2000 CAFRAD as well) started development of long range radars which is going to be used to detect mainly ballistic missiles. Same/similar magazine was mentioned domestic development of two AA missile project that SSM newly started mentioning in their pages.

Stationary radar project Undersecretariat document have been posted above, are most probably containing development of Green pine like radar which is able to detect fying objects including ballistic missiles from long ranges. At a Turkish military magazine (If I remember it correct) that was published 2-3 years ago, was mentioned that ATOM team (Aselsan/Tubitak/ODTU/Meteksan) (ATOM team is designer of TF-2000 CAFRAD as well) started development of long range radars which is going to be used to detect mainly ballistic missiles. Same/similar magazine was mentioned domestic development of two AA missile project that SSM newly started mentioning in their pages.

@ cabatli_53

Thank you very much.

Operational Range :

- > 200 km
- 400 km
- 500 km

Again , your opinion… :smart:

@ cabatli_53

Thank you very much.

Operational Range :

- > 200 km
- 400 km
- 500 km

Again , your opinion… :smart:

Current Solid state TR modules Aselsan is manufactureing are competitive of Smart-S Mk-2 modules Thales produces. They are used on Smart-S radars Aselsan produces for Milgem which has a range of 250km.
SMART-S.jpg

We can foreseen new radars that will be more longer range than 250km...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASELSAN is capable of designing and manufacturing a wide range of antennas with 200+ man-years of accumulated design experience. Frequency coverage of the designed and developed antennas range from HF to millimeter-wave frequencies (3MHz-110GHz) for a vast range of platforms ranging from submarine applications to satellite payloads. These antennas are designed to withstand the harsh environmental conditions required by military platforms.

91c3f52a.jpg

Current product range includes:

- Broadband (20:1), Wide band (3:1) fixed beam width antennas for ESM and/or ELINT systems
- Wide-band (3:1) active phased array antennas for EA systems
- Narrow-band (%10) planar phased array antennas for surveillance radar systems
- Fixed beam narrow-band (up to %8) planar phased array antennas for reconnaissance radar systems
- Fixed beam dual monopulse planar phased array and reflector antennas with waveguide comparators for tracking radar systems
- 1-20 GHz Microstrip Patch Arrays for IFF, DSRC, and radar applications
- Hybrid reflector based antennas with phased array feeds for satellite platforms.
- Microwave peripherals for beam-forming applications
- Engineering Materials such as frequency selective surfaces, polarizers, and radar absorbing material tailored to enhance system performance on airborne, naval, submarine and land platforms.
- Application-based wide-band radomes for airborne, naval, submarine and land platforms

4c80cbd6.jpg

ASELSAN designs and produces indigenous microwave modules covering frequencies up to 60 GHz for a vast range of platforms ranging from submarine applications to satellite payloads. These modules are designed to withstand the harsh environmental conditions required by military platforms.

The current product range includes:

- Tx/Rx modules for X-band phased array radar and I/J band repeater-jammer applications.
- Channelized Receivers custom designed for RWR/ESM/ELINT applications
- Superheterodyne Up/Down Converters for ESM/ELINT and DRFM applications requirements
- Antenna Front-Ends & Switch Assemblies for multi antenna ESM/ELINT/ECM systems
- PA Modules covering frequencies from 6GHz to 26GHz for military and space applications
- LO Multipliers for broadband ESM/ELINT Synthesizer applications
- Synthesizers for Radar and ESM/ELINT applications
- DLVA/ERDLVAs for RWR/ESM applications

2f2579a1.jpg~original

Those are what Aselsan achieved until 2012. In addition to its existing facilities, ASELSAN is expanding its microwave module manufacturing clean room space to over thousands of m2 at its new Radar and Electronic Warfare Facility currently under construction at Ankara.

Last edited:
Is that AESA meant for F-16 upgrades? . When can we expect to see it in operation?

@ cabatli_53

Thank you very much my brother.

In view of all that you showed, you can make ‘new much large radar’ (Like ‘Ground Master 400’) that will be more longer range > 400 km. This is wonderful news.

Now, it need a anti-ballistic missile (ABM) system which will be integrated with (I hope really ‘HQ-9 system’).

Last edited:
F-16 Block-30 Ozgur upgrade program (If It is required) and FX fighter program

Aselsan Long range Electronic Attack platform. Prototypes are in trial phase.

karakonuslu.jpg
This is great. Is there any info regarding the approximate range or the range that they would like to achieve?

This is great. Is there any info regarding the approximate range or the range that they would like to achieve?

Bro, For such a critical system, It is impossible but Even If they reveal, Believe me It would never reflect the truth.

but, Aselsan's fixed beam antenne version electronic ED/ET system has a range around 100-150km (If I remember correct).

tara0002-2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah but it wasnt totally from scratch development but based on korean trainer so they helped a lot and we accomplished it... I am not so positive about TFX ofcourse we get some help but this bird will be much more complicated.. Lets wait and see
txf+1+top+secret+airplanes.jpg

f0082824_4f0bd1835bc00.jpg

tai-tfx-fighter.jpg

Back
Top Bottom