What's new

Turkish schools to stop teaching evolution, oficial says

Status
Not open for further replies.
o_O is it true? Can you provide some links to backup your statement.

Use google man.

It's pretty common knowledge.

Islamic scholars were the first one to discuss evolution in ALL life except human beings (One major Islamic scholar even discussed human evolution from animals. But this thought was not accepted by mainstream Islamic intelligentsia at the time so keeping it 100% real here and not giving entire credit to Muslims lol)

http://stepfeed.com/these-muslim-sc...olution-900-years-before-darwin-was-born-8064

This article does a good job and even links Guardian article on the issue.

Islam's influence on West and Western thought has been SO immense that even Europeans don't realize that many things they have internalized came from Islamic civilization to them :lol:

Hint: Google the words "Father of modern secular thought in Europe" ;)

The very foundations of modern Europe rose from (some) Islamic roots...thanks to Muslim invasions, conquests, and migrations to the continent that last for centuries---and left a permanent mark on it through massive production and spread of knowledge and civilization of Islamic world throughout Europe in that process

True we are taught Darwanism in 9th class the religious argument that follows is normally ignored :-)

Yes we are taught evolution we even had verses of Quran to justify evolution

Ignored? What do you mean?

I'm sure most of people in Pakistan don't take evolution seriously (unless may be it is justified by Quranic texts).

Last edited:
"Islamic scholars were the first one to discuss evolution in ALL life except human beings "

Please spare me the ethno-centric babble ... There is nothing in the Middle East flora and fauna to help them study diversity and evolution in species. The tropical countries have them.

Darwin went to Galapagos

I personally find nothing wrong with the process of evolution, if it did happen it was because God intended for it to.
Mullahs today debate petty thing that have no discernible impact on Muslims yet totally avoid the issues that bear significance like the rise of terrorism, intolerance, sectarianism etc

Use google man.

It's pretty common knowledge.

Islamic scholars were the first one to discuss evolution in ALL life except human beings (One major Islamic scholar even discussed human evolution from animals. But this thought was not accepted by mainstream Islamic intelligentsia at the time so keeping it 100% real here and not giving entire credit to Muslims lol)

ste

This article does a good job and even links Guardian article on the issue.

Islam's influence on West and Western thought has been SO immense that even Europeans don't realize that many things they have internalized came from Islamic civilization to them :lol:

Hint: Google the words "Father of modern secular thought in Europe" ;)

The very foundations of modern Europe rose from (some) Islamic roots...thanks to Muslim invasions, conquests, and migrations to the continent that last for centuries---and left a permanent mark on it through massive production and spread of knowledge and civilization of Islamic world throughout Europe in that process

Ignored? What do you mean?

I'm sure most of people in Pakistan don't take evolution seriously (unless may be it is justified by Quranic texts).
There are two kinds of micro evolution.
Second is macro evolution.
Micro evolution is a reality which is the change happening within species.

Uptil now darwin and no other evolutionist -have ever managed to prove macro evolution.
But what was always done to misguide young minds was using micro evolutions examples to prove macro evolution, like how evolutionists say humans ancestors were some fish later they changed into some other living form then some ape like ancestors then from ape like ancestors apes and humans branched out. This shyt was never proven but it is shoved down our throats citing examples of microevolution (micro evo is a natural phenomenon and a reality)".
So students should be taught so that they would know what is the belief of western majority and the differences should be clarified, what is fiction and what is empirically proved.

I personally find nothing wrong with the process of evolution, if it did happen it was because God intended for it to.
Mullahs today debate petty thing that have no discernible impact on Muslims yet totally avoid the issues that bear significance like the rise of terrorism, intolerance, sectarianism etc
I take word of quran about our creation over any random theory. Maybe you are okay with considering apes as your ancestors not everyone else.

And what is the point in screaming mullahs all the time. We are talking about turkey here and they are already pretty progressed nation.

A certain Occam will like to deal with you with his razor.
Occam's razor won't prevent scientists from tapping into the unknown. It just warns them not to claim the unknown as the known. Nobody claims evolution theory uncovers everything about evolution. But what has been uncovered is certain a part of it.

This was expected of Erdogans Turkey.
The collapse starts with education, as they can infuse the minds of the uneducated easily.

Lol, i am sure accepting that your ancestors are apes will enlight Indian's future. We are living in 21st cent. so nothing remains a secret. Everything is just couple of clicks away.

And then they ask; Why this degeneration of Ummat-e-Muslima? :sarcastic:I mean you have Muslim biology grads who don't believe in evolution. Then you have geologists, chemists, and physicists who believe the earth is 10 thousand years old. :D

Put an adjective like Muslim, Christian, Jew and Hindu before the noun scientist and you get a very sad oxymoron of our time.

Turkey is sure to become great again under the leadership of Sultan Erdogan.

Occam's razor won't prevent scientists from tapping into the unknown. It just warns them not to claim the unknown as the known. Nobody claims evolution theory uncovers everything about evolution. But what has been uncovered is certain a part of it.
I guess you don't understand occam's razor then. Hint, it does not stop anyone from tapping into the unknown. It also does not warn anyone to claim the unknown as the known. It suggest something called as Law of Parsimony.

Lol, i am sure accepting that your ancestors are apes will enlight Indian's future. We are living in 21st cent. so nothing remains a secret. Everything is just couple of clicks away.

Pardon my Turkish friends, I have heard quite a bit of strange rumors about Turkey in terms of education and science ..

There was this thread sometimes back ...
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/warning-to-teacher-about-teaching-evolution.90993/

And then this gentle-man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adnan_Oktar
Also called as Harun Yayaha

I vividly remember his HUGE Atlas of creation in my school library. It was a very expensively produced but ultimately stupid book.

How strong is the influence of these anti-science folks on education in Turkey?

BTW, Modern apes are not anyone's ancestor. We all are the apes. The fifth ape. Modern day apes -- other than humans -- are actually more like our cousins and not ancestors .

There are two kinds of micro evolution.
Second is macro evolution.
Micro evolution is a reality which is the change happening within species.

Uptil now darwin and no other evolutionist -have ever managed to prove macro evolution.
But what was always done to misguide young minds was using micro evolutions examples to prove macro evolution, like how evolutionists say humans ancestors were some fish later they changed into some other living form then some ape like ancestors then from ape like ancestors apes and humans branched out. This shyt was never proven but it is shoved down our throats citing examples of microevolution (micro evo is a natural phenomenon and a reality)".
So students should be taught so that they would know what is the belief of western majority and the differences should be clarified, what is fiction and what is empirically proved.

You see there are two types of evidences. One is a direct evidence other is a circumstantial evidence. There is enough circumstantial evidence to support of macro evolution. From genetics to fossil records to vestigial organs to embryology.

Take another discipline like astronomy, think about it, has anyone even seen a star transforming from normal star into a red giant? I doubt it! it happens over a very long time. But we know they exist and there is enough circumstantial evidence to support the idea that once a star is running short of hydrogen it cools and expands into a red giant.

And how did you reach that brilliant conclusion?
Evolution works by the invisible hands of God. Not to teach evolution is one way to conceal God from people.
I suggest you look for the mysterious invisible forces eating away at your neurons.

I take word of quran about our creation over any random theory. Maybe you are okay with considering apes as your ancestors not everyone else.
Its simple biology, are you ashamed that you share over 98 pc DNA with apes??

And how did you reach that brilliant conclusion?
I have made no religious conclusions here, read my statement again and try to comprehend what I am saying instead of jumping the gun.

I guess you don't understand occam's razor then. Hint, it does not stop anyone from tapping into the unknown. It also does not warn anyone to claim the unknown as the known. It suggest something called as Law of Parsimony.
It is not a rule. It is just a suggestion or best practice. It helps narrow the choices of alternative paths in research but again, it is not a rule or natural law. Even total disregarding it won't prevent scientists from finding truths. What appears to be the simplest at one time could be revealed as being very complex later because of the lack of knowledge at that time.

I suggest you look for the mysterious invisible forces eating away at your neurons.
I certainly don't know the mysterious invisible forces that make you rude.

It is not a rule. It is just a suggestion or best practice. It helps narrow the choices of alternative paths in research but again, it is not a rule or natural law. Even total disregarding it won't prevent scientists from finding truths. What appears to be the simplest at one time could be revealed as being very complex later because of the lack of knowledge at that time.

Its not a simple suggestion but merely a process of minimizing the assumptions. Out of two hypothesis which explain the same phenomenon and satisfy all the empirical tests you will choose the one with the least number of assumptions. It is this much only :)

Example :
"Rain happens due to condensation of atmospheric moisture into water droplets"
"Rain happens due to condensation of atmospheric moisture into water droplets which are guided by invisible hooves of an undetectable pink unicorn"

Both the will explain why rain happens. But which will be accepted as a theory? I guess the first one because the second one assumes another entity 'invisible and undetectable pink unicorn'. Occam's Razor merely removes such assumption which were not even needed to explain a phenomenon.

Your evolution and invisible hand of god is actually no different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom