What's new

Turkish schools to stop teaching evolution, oficial says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let Turkian leave at their condition what they want to educate their children or not... we have no right to criticize what they should read or what not....

Let Turkian leave at their condition what they want to educate their children or not... we have no right to criticize what they should read or what not....

Indeed all the human beings have the basic right to have an opinion and to criticize the others. Only thing that is prohibited is to forcefully impose your opinion on the others.

Religious stories should only be told in the religious classes. But when it comes to science, then science should be taught as it is.

Actually we are going back to the medieval times where Church was against the Science.

Now Muslims Mullahs are against the science in this 21st century.

And I don't know why Mullahs boast about the Muslim Scientists.

None of the Muslim Scientist took his research from Quran or Hadith. All of them did it in their personal ability and religion played no role in their accomplishments.

This is simple Brain Washing in name of religion. I am afraid that Mullahs are not alone but every religion is going the same way e.g. Indian Prime Minister Moodi telling that aeroplanes were already discussed in Hindu religious books etc.

Yes I have read references to some Quranic passages that can vaguely be used to justify belief in evolution. However, unless one specifically believes that humans evolved from Apes, that is not really evolution. Not giving a specific date for human creation and stating that humans existed even before Adam and Eve is not the same as believing in evolution.

Sure, Islam does not paint itself into a corner in the manner that Christian theology does, but it would still require incredible mental gymnastics to arrive at the conclusion that it supports Darwinism.

Ok a quick google search turned only results from January and well seems like only the name of the class changed.
And well i hate it to defend AKP but they also reduced the part about Islam and expanded the part about other religions.

Google translate:

Instead of 'the theory of evolution', 'Environment and Living'
The topic of 'environment and living' has been added instead of the issue of 'evolution' which was published in the coffeehouse. Accordingly, the effect of environmental conditions on the continuity of genetic changes will be explained. However, it is not yet known whether or not the theory of evolution is mentioned.

'The intensity of religious lessons will be reduced'
It was stated that while the complaints of the lesser disclosure of non-Islamic religions in the European Court of Human Rights are also taken into account in the new curriculum, the denomination of the religious lessons will be reduced and the part separated from the non-Islamic religions will be expanded.

'Narrowing the part about Atatürk'
In the curriculum draft, it is stated that they will tell about the Atatürk part, the place of birth, date of birth, mother-father name, place of death and Anıtkabir with visual and auditory materials.

Indeed all the human beings have the basic right to have an opinion and to criticize the others. Only thing that is prohibited is to forcefully impose your opinion on the others.

Religious stories should only be told in the religious classes. But when it comes to science, then science should be taught as it is.

Actually we are going back to the medieval times where Church was against the Science.

Now Muslims Mullahs are against the science in this 21st century.

And I don't know why Mullahs boast about the Muslim Scientists.

None of the Muslim Scientist took his research from Quran or Hadith. All of them did it in their personal ability and religion played no role in their accomplishments.

This is simple Brain Washing in name of religion. I am afraid that Mullahs are not alone but every religion is going the same way e.g. Indian Prime Minister Moodi telling that aeroplanes were already discussed in Hindu religious books etc.
You said some points well and i agreed as well. Only one thing i disagreed that as you think Muslims Mullahs are against the science in this century. At least Muslims are not against the science and it is the reason the science students belonging to Muslim community is widely increasing in the world. The majority Muslim students have great fond to achieve science education. May be there are very few who would be the against of science but not the majority. The fact is also that none of the Muslim has get any remarkable success in the science therefore they are not counted at any stage.

Lol, that's stupid.

Evolution's "dumb down" version is taught even in Pakistan. Although teachers prelude the lectures by saying "Evolution is bs. But still, we have to study the concept of it students"...:lol:

Islamic scholars discussed evolution in Plants and animals 600 years before darwin btw. Infact, Darwin was criticized for rehashing the old "mohammaden theory" when he first came up with evolution

Darwin barely scratched the foundations of evolution

Evolution works by the invisible hands of God. Not to teach evolution is one way to conceal God from people.

Evolution works by the invisible hands of God. Not to teach evolution is one way to conceal God from people.

the science behind evolution is being researched
we have barely scratched the surface in this area

He only described natural selection. Oue understanding is much much more complete now and evolution is undeniable.

We do not understand everything in the science behind evolution
We are getting there

Ok a quick google search turned only results from January and well seems like only the name of the class changed.
And well i hate it to defend AKP but they also reduced the part about Islam and expanded the part about other religions.

Google translate:

Instead of 'the theory of evolution', 'Environment and Living'
The topic of 'environment and living' has been added instead of the issue of 'evolution' which was published in the coffeehouse. Accordingly, the effect of environmental conditions on the continuity of genetic changes will be explained. However, it is not yet known whether or not the theory of evolution is mentioned.

'The intensity of religious lessons will be reduced'
It was stated that while the complaints of the lesser disclosure of non-Islamic religions in the European Court of Human Rights are also taken into account in the new curriculum, the denomination of the religious lessons will be reduced and the part separated from the non-Islamic religions will be expanded.

'Narrowing the part about Atatürk'
In the curriculum draft, it is stated that they will tell about the Atatürk part, the place of birth, date of birth, mother-father name, place of death and Anıtkabir with visual and auditory materials.

The theory of Evolution is one of the seminal topics on science. Leaving it out makes no sense
Just my two cents

the science behind evolution is being researched
we have barely scratched the surface in this area
Yes, it is a constant endeavor for science to dig deeper through that surface. Whatever they have dug out should be offered to fellow human beings as treasures from God's collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom