• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bilal Erdogan seems to be making a lot of attention as usual.

Made a good point about the Turkish Alphabet. It was political move since we used the Arab-Persian script we switched to Latin to move on from Turko-Islamic history and identity and become more aligned with the West and Europe.

Something interesting to point out.

Especially regarding Tanzminat and the reforms of Ataturk. Ever since the Tanzminat reforms we became more aligned with the West. This continued well into the Turkish republic.

Was it good or bad well that is up to you to decide.

Bilal Erdogan seems to be making a lot of attention as usual.

Made a good point about the Turkish Alphabet. It was political move since we used the Arab-Persian script we switched to Latin to move on from Turko-Islamic history and identity and become more aligned with the West and Europe.

Something interesting to point out.

Especially regarding Tanzminat and the reforms of Ataturk. Ever since the Tanzminat reforms we became more aligned with the West. This continued well into the Turkish republic.

Was it good or bad well that is up to you to decide.
https://www.veryansintv.com/bilal-e...stan-ve-japonya-neden-alfabesini-degistirmedi

According to the real expert on history, arabic alphabet isn't turkish alphabetd doesn't mesh with the language spoken by the common people, also wisemen from Ottoman empire was speaking about the need for changing the alphabet from 1850:

image_750x_5f1dd21e1ea86.jpg

https://www.veryansintv.com/sinan-meydandan-bilal-erdogana-alfabe-yaniti

https://www.veryansintv.com/bilal-e...stan-ve-japonya-neden-alfabesini-degistirmedi

According to the real expert on history, arabic alphabet isn't turkish alphabetd doesn't mesh with the language spoken by the common people, also wisemen from Ottoman empire was speaking about the need for changing the alphabet from 1850:

image_750x_5f1dd21e1ea86.jpg

https://www.veryansintv.com/sinan-meydandan-bilal-erdogana-alfabe-yaniti

Neither is latin is foreign to Turkish instead of sticking with our own Turkic alphabet we went for foreign ones like Latin, Cyrilic, Arab and Chinese.

20200727_174331.jpg

Literacy rate in Turkey before Ww1 was at 20% to 35% according to UNs rate of literacy in countries.

Not 2% to 10% neither was it 60 to 90%. Both are exagerations.

We switched to foreign alphabets due to a wide range of reasons.

Neither is latin is foreign to Turkish instead of sticking with our own Turkic alphabet we went for foreign ones like Latin, Cyrilic, Arab and Chinese.

View attachment 655677

Literacy rate in Turkey before Ww1 was at 20% to 35% according to UNs rate of literacy in countries.

Not 2% to 10% neither was it 60 to 90%. Both are exagerations.

We switched to foreign alphabets due to a wide range of reasons.
We are not talking about literacy rate before the war. But after the war. Also we lost a lot of land, so when you look at the current border of Turkey. and with a population around 18 mio. (I think) literacy rate being down to less than 10% isn't exaggerated.

Also picking the latin alphabet and supplying with additional characters isn't bad imo. It was a sound choice, and one that makes learning, reading more easy.

We are not talking about literacy rate before the war. But after the war. Also we lost a lot of land, so when you look at the current border of Turkey. and with a population around 18 mio. (I think) literacy rate being down to less than 10% isn't exaggerated.

Also picking the latin alphabet and supplying with additional characters isn't bad imo. It was a sound choice, and one that makes learning, reading more easy.

Hence why im not complaining. Just wish we sticked with the old Turkic alphabet.

We would have our own alphabet. But Latin and Arabic script made sense. Hence why maybe our ancestors took it up for a reason.

Ottomans actually looked into switching alphabets during the Tanzminat reforms.

Interesting thing is the Uygurs had their own alphabet. This script was taken upon the Mongols.

Hence why im not complaining. Just wish we sticked with the old Turkic alphabet.

We would have our own alphabet. But Latin and Arabic script made sense. Hence why maybe our ancestors took it up for a reason.

Interesting thing is the Uygurs had their own alphabet. This script was taken upon the Mongols.
If there are enough people who wants to learn, why not learn Turanca. I see people who have "Türk" in turanca tatooed on their arm :)

Old Turkic script was starting to be taught in schools early in Republic. I think we stopped teaching it in the 50s.

images

1 Dollar is like 7 Lira but hey atleast Haghia Sophia is a Mosque again.
Uyghurs are being held in concentration camps, mosques are being destroyed whole world is speaking up what is our president doing? What is our media doing? What are the Akpeons doing? Absolutely nothing because they ruined our economy and depend on the money of an anti islamic country and the reis followers are just as quiet as long as he says nothing.
Allahin sopasi yok derlerya al iste bundan güzel örnek yok, milyonlarca müslüman camplara sokulmus kimin umrunda yeterki ayasofya cami olsun hüloggg.

As you can see erdogans distraction tactics work great because his voter base cant think that far but everybody get ruled as he deserves i guess.

Last edited:
Old Turkic script was starting to be taught in schools early in Republic. I think we stopped teaching it in the 50s.

images
Fotosop olması konusunda şüpheliyim.
Öyle bence ile sence ile tarihi okuyorsan sana kim niye inansın?? Belki salladığını tutturabilecegini düşünsen, Özal veya Erbakan döneminde bile bittiğini bile söyleyebilirsin?? Evet neden Latin harfleri,evet neden Roma tapınağı şeklinde anitkabir denilen yer??? Hiç mi türk mimarisi kalmadı türklerin atasını defnedecek?? Nereden tutsan fiyasko Atatürkçü Türkçülük ??

Uyghurs are being held in concentration camps, mosques are being destroyed whole world is speaking up what is our president doing? What is our media doing? What are the Akpeons doing? Absolutely nothing because they ruined our economy and depend on the money of an anti islamic country and the reis followers are just as quiet as long as he says nothing.
Allahin sopasi yok derlerya al iste bundan güzel örnek yok, milyonlarca müslüman camplara sokulmus kimin umrunda yeterki ayasofya cami olsun hüloggg.

As you can see erdogans distraction tactics work great because his voter base cant think that far but everybody get ruled as he deserves i guess.
I do not know what the government's official idea is, but there is information pollution about the Uighur Turks. and Feto was doing it too, we as Turkey can make huge money from trade with china, and someone is trying to undermine our relationship with China by producing false news. There are many vlogs about Uighurs and there is no environment as you mentioned.

Fotosop olması konusunda şüpheliyim.
Öyle bence ile sence ile tarihi okuyorsan sana kim niye inansın?? Belki salladığını tutturabilecegini düşünsen, Özal veya Erbakan döneminde bile bittiğini bile söyleyebilirsin?? Evet neden Latin harfleri,evet neden Roma tapınağı şeklinde anitkabir denilen yer??? Hiç mi türk mimarisi kalmadı türklerin atasını defnedecek?? Nereden tutsan fiyasko Atatürkçü Türkçülük ??

I do not know what the government's official idea is, but there is information pollution about the Uighur Turks. and Feto was doing it too, we as Turkey can make huge money from trade with china, and someone is trying to undermine our relationship with China by producing false news. There are many vlogs about Uighurs and there is no environment as you mentioned.

The Göktürk script was rediscovered in the late 1800s, however only started being noticed in Turkey during the early days of the Republic, and once again with the rise of the internet.

CY3UIgJWkAAfoy7

Well, one of these theories is it came from Iranian script that came from Phonencian script. What are the others?

There are essentially three theories about origin:

1) The Kök-Turkic script developed from the different clan badges of the tribes, which grew up in the pre-Christian centuries.

2) The Orchon runes were taken from the Central Asian Sogdian script and further developed by the Kök Turks.

3) A combination of the first two theories; Iranian, Greek, and newly invented characters were then added to the resulting characters. This theory was mainly represented by Vilhelm Thomsen.

4) (Your mentioned theory) Today, it is mostly assumed that the Kök Turk alphabet developed from a Semitic alphabet and came to the Kök Turks through the mediation of the Iranian-speaking peoples of Central Asia. However, this assumption has little prospect of being confirmed, since the takeover for the creation of the first runes of the Orchon-1 type in the Talas Valley must have taken place shortly before 600 AD. The lack of clear agreement speaks against a derivation from the Sogdian script.

Back
Top Bottom