• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It depends on circumstance. If the democratic process is in danger of being destroyed, preventative action is warranted.

That is a decision for the people of Turkey. They have decided that Erdogan and his policies are the way forward. We as outsiders may not like it but we have no say in it.

img1.aksam.com.tr.170720162137484210064_5F2_2_150488_11.jpg

"Go ahead, kill me. I'll not do the Ihanet (treachery)" - CJCS Gen. Hulusi Akar

The FETO terrorists, the proxies and traitors found only in dreams, made the real targets for the top generals in different forces with CJCS heading the list. His ADCs were the front runners in Ihanet. The plan was such meticulous that they could take over the JCS headquarter - the very brain and heart of the Turkish Armed Forces. They put him and the forces chiefs under captivity for 20 hours. Even water wasn't allowed nor essential medicine nor toilet visits. They put them in different rooms and tortured them mentally and physically to sign the documents of treachery. They even put revolvers in their heads, but of no avail. They tried to strangle CJCS. In front of them their personal guards were martyred. Even then they couldn't make traitors out of them. For a reason they're called Mehmetchik - the little Muhammeds...

That is a decision for the people of Turkey. They have decided that Erdogan and his policies are the way forward. We as outsiders may not like it but we have no say in it.
please send this note to all the newspapers in your country. For fucks sake

I call that avoidism.

Nope, I fully acknowledge the racial tensions most recently on display are an ongoing social issue, but they aren't a risk to our system of government. And I'd like you to explain how you think it will change our system of government if you think otherwise.

You may not think there is a problem. Many do inside USA.

And there are many people who think the earth is flat and the moon landing is a hoax and Obama is a lizard person.

That is prejudging the situation. I have faith in Turkish electorate. They will jack him when they decide. Not some guys inside tanks.
Its called the law. A president is not allowed more than two 5 year terms under Turkish law.

I fully expect Erdogan to attempt to change this at the very least. If he doesnt and leaves office at the end of his second 5 year term I will fully retract what I've said about him having the tendencies of a dictator.

And I stand to be corrected but most Turkish parties across the spectrum denounced this coup which confirms that those who have people's mandate rejected this coup. So this is not about Erdogan but about the wider system and democracy.

Link > http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-07-16/turkey-opposition-denounces-coup-attempt/

Certainly the coup itself says nothing about Erdogan's commitment to democracy, but its his actions after the coup that is drawing criticism.

Unfortunately if Turkey goes the way its going where it looks like Erdogan is simply purging all opposition and setting himself up as the new Sultan, then there is a real chance of being booted from NATO, no matter its strategic position.

pro-Erdogan anti-West Turks here (I don't think I've seen that many though, mostly just Pakistanis) will probably hold up a strong front and place all the blame on the West for this unfortunate news, but Turkey's geopolitical security will take a huge nosedive if that happens, and Turkey hasn't made any other friends to offset it. Neither Xi or Putin like Erdogan either for Turkey's role in Xinjiang and Syria....actually I'm not sure if anyone outside of Turkey likes Erdogan!

I should be fair here though, the most anti-West i've seen on the forum are not the Turks but the Pakistanis.

Hopefully Erdogan attempts some sort of reconciliation or meeting halfway, because I think if Erdogan leaves some room for hope that he is still interested in fulfilling the terms of NATO membership, the other members will try to keep at least the illusion of a democratic Turkey even if Erdogan in practice breaks the process similarly to Venezuela. Obviously it would be better if Turkey's democracy works in practice

Bottom line, without Turkey and its strategic location, NATO military doctrine directed against Russia, China or even against middle east will cease to exist; period.
Incirlik air base that is crucial for all US/NATO middle east
war, any footing to black sea, tactical nuke, missiles stationed since before Cuban missile crisis; ALL will disappear for NATO and US. Not to mentioned, all important listening post in the age of info warfare. So, Erdogan and Turkey for that matter should know the bluff.

All these bully by US, EU and lately NATO are just for saving their tools which conducted the coup on their behalf AND to save US/EU SLEEPER CELL assets, accumulated over last 70+ years, hiding behind Turkish institutions. As US involvement was clear it could not create direct pressure, so Kerry instead flew to Brussels to instruct EU/NATO puppets on how to bully Turkey in saving their SLEEPER CELL assets.

Riding NATO bandwagon over last 20 years, Turkey was forced to facilitate (by providing base and logistics) NATO killing fields in Iraq and Syria, strained its relation with neighbors, introduced insecurity for Turkey and Turkey lost unimaginable trade and business opportunities. Not to mention Turkey faced constant EU bully and hatred but no EU membership.

In contrast, Turkey has wide open, attractive and strategic options opened to it. These options include
1) security with strategic depth of SCO - (Russia,China, Pakistan, Iran and CA)
2) economic depth with energy hub to EU
3) market access (of over 1.5 billion people)
4) infrastructure building opportunities in Eurasian mass -Silk road (where trillion dollars will be spent), middle east and Africa.
and more....

EU is in decline and will continue to slide into lesser and lesser important entity. So, looking into present and future potentials, why should Erdogan, Turkey and its future generation would give any hoot to EU and death/destruction doctrine of NATO?

Choices are clear, its time for Turkey and its brave people filter rubbish noise coming from US/NATO/EU and take the right steps.

Last edited:
Bottom line, without Turkey and its strategic location, NATO military doctrine directed against Russia, China or even against middle east will cease to exist; period. Incirlik air base that is crucial for all US/NATO middle east
war, any footing to black sea, tactical nuke, missiles stationed since before Cuban missile crisis; ALL will disappear for NATO and US. Not to mentioned, all important listening post in the age of info warfare. So, Erdogan and Turkey for that matter should know the bluff.

All these bully by US, EU and lately NATO are just for saving their tools which conducted the coup on their behalf AND to save US/EU SLEEPER CELL assets, accumulated over last 70+ years, hiding behind Turkish institutions. As US involvement was clear it could not create direct pressure, so Kerry instead flew to Brussels to instruct EU/NATO puppets on how to bully Turkey in saving their SLEEPER CELL assets.

Riding NATO bandwagon over last 20 years, Turkey was forced to facilitate (by providing base and logistics) NATO killing field in Iraq and Syria, strained its relation with neighbors, introduced insecurity for Turkey and Turkey lost unimaginable trade and business opportunities. Not to mention Turkey faced constant EU bully and hatred but no EU membership.

In contrast, for its part Turkey, has wide open, attractive and strategic options opened to it. These options include security with strategic depth of SCO - (Russia,China, Pakistan, Iran and CA), economic depth with energy hub to EU and market/infrastructure building opportunities in Eurasian mass, Silk road, middle east and Africa. EU are in decline and will continue to slide into lesser and lesser important entity. So, keeping eye on future potential, why should Erdogan, Turkey and its future generation would give any hoot to EU and death/destruction doctrine of NATO?

Choices are clear, its time for Turkey and its brave people filter rubbish noise coming from US/NATO/EU and take the right steps.
I have a sinking feeling that there is a real possibility it might happen...however I think if that avenue was tried NATO would try to destabilize or even invade Turkey. Wİll be interesting to see what happens

you to explain how you think it will change our system of government if you think otherwise.
I was not talking about change or otherwise. That only Yanks can comment on. What I asked is would concerns about the problems being grounds for anybody taking extra constitutional acts? Or would you preach that they (those who are not happy with the what has been happening) should work within the law to fix the problems?

I have a sinking feeling that there is a real possibility it might happen...however I think if that avenue was tried NATO would try to destabilize or even invade Turkey. Wİll be interesting to see what happens

If Turkey decides to take right path, Russia/China/Iran and Pakistan will not let NATO make such move. One thing for certain, (as many things can not be discussed in open forum) Russia for its own interest will help prevent that. Besides, NATO is not in position to invade Turkey.

NATO is not in position to invade Turkey.
You guy's are now going into hyperspace, besides I don't think Incirilk base has any nukes. Can't see the functionality of that. Aimed at who?

Latvia, Poland, Romania or even Greece offer as much potential for stationing them. Even US fleet ships can hold them and they are always in the region. Ultimate nuke deterant is US subs. This talk of nukes is legacy of the old days.

Incirilk of course offers perfect place for Syria, Iraq air attacks.

Now after so many detained people in a couple days people should ask themselves why is PKK still alive or why is ISIS still a threat for Turkey? If the government can do that for those who are supposedly related to the coup, they should do the same for those other terrorists who are a threat to the country from decades or else it will all look strange... and why not the "Coup" to be even a false flag attack to look like a pretext to clean up all AKP enemies from the country.

You guy's are now going into hyperspace, besides I don't think Incirilk base has any nukes. Can't see the functionality of that. Aimed at who?

Latvia, Poland, Romania or even Greece offer as much potential for stationing them. Even US fleet ships can hold them and they are always in the region. Ultimate nuke deterant is US subs. This talk of nukes is legacy of the old days.

Incirilk of course offers perfect place for Syria, Iraq air attacks.

These tactical nuke and missile were stationed since cuban missile crisis and legacy era; directed against who else - Russia. Proximity to Russia makes these ideal choice. Just like Russian tactical asset in Kaliningrad is valuable to eliminate NATO missile defense and forward position in eastern Europe. Romania, Latvia and Poland verities have small coast and can be over run in a day if not in hours. Besides, Turkey controls all important Bosphorus channel.

Getting back to topic.....

@HAKIKAT Your thoughts about this whole affair most welcome?
@HAKIKAT Your thoughts about this whole affair most welcome?
Turkey is ISIS country now

Say goodbye to the little tourism you have left.
Don't write an obituary for Turkey that early. Night is still young. Look at the past thousand years, not a few decades, to understand the reality...

Coups aren't nothing new for the Turkish folks. It's always conducted for the last 200 years whenever Turkey gets into the take-off mode. If the coup had been successful than I'd have pressed the panic button. The mood of the Turkish folks is like - "Bring them on"...

Back
Top Bottom