• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually,only by looking at what happened in the last few days it is clear that you're not a country qualified to be part of the EU.
how can you be qualified for something you do not want? Jumping on a sinking ship isnt smart. We will repair ourselves make no mistake. Brexit shows how weak European unity is, and it will be now exploited. Im content watching far right parties coming to popularity in Europe..they will eventually dismantle the EU. Cheerio

I don't know what better alternatives there are for Turkey, but the current mass purges of legal public servants are not it without public evidence of their involvement in the coup..
There is. Continue on the road of democracy.Democracy is not bought. It is cultivated and nurtured. In a way this was great day for Turkey. I actually salute all Turks as a nation. They have gone through the "sound barrier" and they will come out of it better over the long run. These events are bigger than Erdogan. He will be gone one day. This is about how Turkey as state, as a system functions. Two days ago democracy won in Turkey. I don't think military will ever try again. And Erdogan will be only as good as his support. If he pushes himself too much he will get thrown out. By the ballot box.

In USA you have cops going around wasting black people. Even Doctors worry. Now what does that say about democracy in US? Is it a matter of concern? However does that justify people going around shooting cops? Would it justify some black US Army General launching a coup to address the patently obvious concerns that exist within some Americans? No, I don't think so.

Work the system. Not use guns to work the system.

preventative action is warranted
Who decides when that is needed? Bloke in uniform inside a tank?

Last edited:
These events are bigger than Erdogan. He will be gone one day. This is about how Turkey as state, as a system functions. If he pushes himself too much he will get thrown out. By the ballot box.

If Erdogan leaves at the end of his second term I will gladly retract my position that he is aiming to destroy any opposition and Turkey's democracy and make himself ruler. I don't expect him to be leaving then though. I expect him to remove the term limits like Chavez did and deliberately cultivate a personality cult.

In USA you have cops going around wasting black people. Even Doctors worry. Now what does that say about democracy in US? Is it a matter of concern? However does that justify people going around shooting cops? Would it justify some black US Army General launching a coup to address the patently obvious concerns that exist within some Americans? No, I don't think so.

Whataboutism.
Racial tensions in the US have nothing to do with the fabric of our democracy and electoral process, though they are a societal issue and electoral topic due to recent events. If race riots (which haven't happened yet with regards to these events) got bad enough, like something on the level of the LA riots the national guard would be called in.

Work the system. Not use guns to work the system.

Erdogan is definitely working the system, hope he doesn't break it.

Who decides that is needed? Bloke in uniform inside a tank?

Ideally the time such is necessary would be codified. You'd know when the legal system says the elected leader is violating the tenets of the country, or otherwise if the tenets of the country were codified. There would be room for ambiguity, and methods to change those tenets as a society, but there would be lines that couldn't be ambiguously crossed.

Last edited:
Whataboutism.
I call that avoidism. You may not think there is a problem. Many do inside USA.

All said and done. I am against tanks deciding. Period.

Erdogan leaves at the end of his second term
That is prejudging the situation. I have faith in Turkish electorate. They will jack him when they decide. Not some guys inside tanks.

And I stand to be corrected but most Turkish parties across the spectrum denounced this coup which confirms that those who have people's mandate rejected this coup. So this is not about Erdogan but about the wider system and democracy.

Link > http://www.itv.com/news/update/2016-07-16/turkey-opposition-denounces-coup-attempt/

Unity

QOg72iT.jpg

Detailed list of the pro-coup generalsFollowing a failed coup attempt, the Turkish authority has detained 70 high ranked military officers including Air Forces Commander Air Chief Marshal Akın Öztürk. Footage released by Ankara's Counter Terrorism Police Unit shows detained generals.

It is indeed horrible to see those who were once men of dignity and ended up as dis graceful criminals for ignorant mistake. This is something which you don't see every day.....
Hope Justice will be served.

Long Live Turkiye, Long Live Erdogan ..............

Turkey could fall foul of Nato's "requirement with respect to democracy" if it fails to uphold the rule of law in the wake of an attempted coup, the US Secretary of State John Kerry has warned.

The Turkish government's response to the failed coup has alarmed both the US and the EU, after it described the plotters as a "cancer" which had to be "cleansed" from public institutions.

A State Department spokesman has suggested it is "too soon to say" if a clampdown by the Erdogan government could jeopardise Turkey's membership of Nato.

But Nato's leadership has made it clear that a commitment to "uphold democracy, including tolerating diversity" is one of the five core requirements for members of the alliance.

Around 8,000 police officers have been suspended across Turkey following the failed coup, with more than 6,000 people in the army, the judiciary and other state bodies arrested as part of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's response to Friday's events.

Erdogan has said the people who attempted the coup "must pay," and that the government will consider introducing the death penalty for people believed to have committed traitorous acts against the state.

At a joint news conference with EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini, US Secretary of State John Kerry said that America stands "squarely on the side of the elected leadership in Turkey," but that "we urge the government of Turkey to uphold the highest standards of respect for the nation's democratic institutions and the rule of law".

While Ms Mogherini warned that countries that allow the death penalty cannot join the European Union, Mr Kerry added that "Nato also has a requirement with respect to democracy," The Washington Post reported.

The US "will certainly support bringing the perpetrators of the coup to justice," he said, "but we also caution against a reach that goes beyond that and stress the importance of the democratic rule being upheld".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ato-membership-john-kerry-warns-a7142491.html

This will be a test of Erdogan's political acumen- frankly, if he only takes revenge, the cure may create more problems for Turkey in the future in the form of a backlash from the citizens (and their supporters and those who sympathize) who are today being punished.

But if he can exercise -some- caution and show judicious mercy, instead of only vengeful retaliation, he may acquire the status of a unifying statesman and a great political figure with an everlasting legacy.

Easy for me to say, of course. We'll see.

"At a joint news conference with EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini, US Secretary of State John Kerry said that America stands "squarely on the side of the elected leadership in Turkey," but that "we urge the government of Turkey to uphold the highest standards of respect for the nation's democratic institutions and the rule of law"."

what a load of horse dropping. this roughly translates to "Now that our plan has gone cock up, but respect your own laws." "Democracy"

Jewish deputy mayor in Istanbul assassinated.

This is what Turkey will now become. ISIS country.

Hopefully all Jews will leave Turkey.

Enjoy your Islamist future.

Dont brush off the Ottomans as if they were a huge invading horde of barbarians (I know this hard for you, knowing you had to kiss their feet for couple of hundred years) BUT they managed an empire that lasted nearly a thousand years...simply having numerical superiority is not enough.:disagree:

I love my military. However no one should get in the way of them getting punished. Just listening to the pricks from the West lecturing us on what we should do is annoying. But you are totally right in your post.

I fully support paksanity on his views and advice ..... and like him would like to say that we would stand by you what ever you decide .....but he and I along with most of the Pakistanis fear that any unwanted harm come to you (us) if you do not give it a clear thought before actin this is all we want ............ always praying for you to stay blessed and safe and come out of this crisis more stronger than before ..........:-)

parlemanto should set up istiklal mahkemeleri and bring supreme punishment

Id like to see what the **** Washington would do if F22 Raptors bombed the Senate and a mix group of PARARESCUE and SEAL soldiers raided Marthas Vineyard with the intention of eliminating Obama. Dipshits

Back
Top Bottom