• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sinan, dont believe everything you hear in Turkish medias. PKK was never in a stalemate and the numbers you are describing are unrealistic even with todays weapons against a guerilla force that works mainly in mountainous areas.

Othern than that, Osman Pamukoglu is responsible for millions of people supporting PKK since 90's. Most of the extrajudicial killings were committed during the 2-3 years he was in office. He is not a solution to PKK and he certainly is not a solution to the Kurdish question. But if you want to further increase the support for PKK, go ahead and vote for him.

@Sinan
Sry Sinan but this time i think Bahoz is right, i dont think that Military operations will solve anything in pkk issue.

That doesnt mean pkk is strong and can harm us but to finish pkk we would need a huge operation in north Iraq with infantry (invasion) which is impossible yet.

Need help from the Turkish Members - If any of you gentlemen have an English translation of Danishment Name, please message me. I will indeed be very grateful.

Sinan, dont believe everything you hear in Turkish medias.

I can say the same thing for you.

PKK was never in a stalemate

There were several occasions, do you remember the Erdogan's "Zero Terror" slogan when he first came in to the office. PKK was in stalemate at that time. They were not attacking but gathering forces. And Erdogan instead of finishing them in their sorry state. Used this situation for politics.

and the numbers you are describing are unrealistic even with todays weapons against a guerilla force that works mainly in mountainous areas.

It's not a question of weapons, it has never been. Today terrorists slip from thermal camera by covering them in mud covered blankets.

It's the mentality, method you use. If you wait in your military post for PKK to came and hit you, you can never prevail.

What he had done at the time was entirely different from today's operations. He surrounded PKK camps in several circles in his operations. As i said before PKK are good in hit and run tactics. They are not accustomed of "Front War" or being in the defensive. Surrounding and placing Heavy artillery on their heads. PKK always lost its stance and tried to flee. Fleeing groups get trapped by the circles of Turkish soldiers. If they managed to escape from one than they fall in the second circle. There were several circles which prevented PKK members from escaping. Later on with the loss of strength of PKK, Turkish soldiers narrowed the circle and eventually over run the camp/base.

If i'm not wrong this one is called "Octapus", there were several tactics of him which proved to be successful.

Othern than that, Osman Pamukoglu is responsible for millions of people supporting PKK since 90's. Most of the extrajudicial killings were committed during the 2-3 years he was in office. He is not a solution to PKK and he certainly is not a solution to the Kurdish question. But if you want to further increase the support for PKK, go ahead and vote for him.

You see PKK and Kurdish issue connected, i see different. First destroy PKK than focus on regions problems.

@Sinan
Sry Sinan but this time i think Bahoz is right, i dont think that Military operations will solve anything in pkk issue.

Don't be sorry mate, everyone have his own opinions. :tup:

That doesnt mean pkk is strong and can harm us but to finish pkk we would need a huge operation in north Iraq with infantry (invasion) which is impossible yet.

Most true, but it's not impossible, it was always been possible but "political determinacy " is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not actually harming the PKK that is the problem. It is the consequences of harming PKK. Look at it this way; every time someone from PKK dies, the family of that person gets angry and will automatically support PKK/BDP. Kurdish party votes have been increasing ever since the major war in 90's started.

HADEP started as a party with just 1 million votes. Since then, their votes have increased to 3 millions.

It is not actually harming the PKK that is the problem. It is the consequences of harming PKK. Look at it this way; every time someone from PKK dies, the family of that person gets angry and will automatically support PKK/BDP. Kurdish party votes have been increasing ever since the major war in 90's started.

HADEP started as a party with just 1 million votes. Since then, their votes have increased to 3 millions.

Do you think the families of the PKK members, votes for AKP ? No mate, thats not it. I believe they are already supporting BDP. It doesn't matter. Remove PKK, and focus on regions problem.

The knife cuts both ways
Everytime the pkk Kills a Turkish soldier with a Kurdish ethnicity, his family will automatically support the state.
Terrorism usually feeds from poverty amongst the society.

It goes for ethnic Turkish soldiers too. Which is why a war would only further polarize the society. You might not believe it, but I feel sorrow no matter who dies because the war is freaking un necessary. It is just sad that it took 30 years for people to realise. I condemn both PKK and the state whenever they start fightings.

The knife cuts both ways
Everytime the pkk Kills a Turkish soldier with a Kurdish ethnicity, his family will automatically support the state.
Terrorism usually feeds from poverty amongst the society.

The same could be said for state acts. None of the soldiers are rich or well educated.

It goes for ethnic Turkish soldiers too. Which is why a war would only further polarize the society. You might not believe it, but I feel sorrow no matter who dies because the war is freaking un necessary. It is just sad that it took 30 years for people to realise. I condemn both PKK and the state whenever they start fightings.

The same could be said for state acts. None of the soldiers are rich or well educated.

There's quiet a difference between poverty and rich. What i actually meant was, moderate income. İt's undeniable that there lives quiet a people in poverty in southeast region. And lets face it. When people have a low life standarts they are more keen to take drastic measures.

And yes the conscription also contains rich and well educated. What you meant was that people with "connections" can escape it. Or gürbetcis like us.

Need help from the Turkish Members - If any of you gentlemen have an English translation of Danishment Name, please message me. I will indeed be very grateful.

Mate, İ didn't get ya. What's a danishment name?

You are putting too much emphasis on low life standards. When there is injustice and killing in your local area, that is when you take drastic measures. That you live in poverty is just a second and might further encourage you.

And you can find educated and rich people among PKK too. But let us be honest, both most of PKK and most of the army consists of poor people. When you see the video of cenaze on both sides, do you often see big houses? Fancy cars? Fancy clothes? Be it a Kurd or a Turk, what I usually see is parents in worn out clothes in front of a primitive house. It is the hard working man and the poor man that is suffering in this war.

I dont know, how many candidate promised to finish pkk?
I would say instead of giving votes to a pary that doesnt pass the 10% barrage, give it to CHP so we can have a strong opposition.
I know Kilictaroglu is not good but its better than that AKP get more might.

CHP could have made the strongest opposition in the history of Turkey in the last 10 years. for there were unprecedented fascist attitude coming from AKP. but instead they chose to stay silent and watch AKP do whatever they wish, be it internal matters or international.

Zazas are Kurds. But they are Alevi Kurds which makes it difficult for them to find a place among the majority Sunni Kurds. But dont forget, a lot of PKK fighters are from Dersim-Bingol-Elazig area.
zaza is not kurd. you just make them zaza..no zaza say iam kurd..only kurdish say they are kurd..

Mate, İ didn't get ya. What's a danishment name?

It is about Emir Gazi Danishment who established Danishment dynasty in Central Turkey between 1055-1173 AD. Danishment-name like the Battal-name. I need an English translation of the book Danishment-name.

I will be grateful if any of the Turkish members could help me. Cok Tesekkur Ederim.

Its rather simple for Turkish Alevis: liberal and secularist, the majority votes CHP and some smaller percentages vote for leftists parties.
yes but they vote chp or bdp there is big difference between them

Back
Top Bottom