• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is no president for life in a democracy (USA, France). There are presidential elections every four years or five years to reelect or can be change.

I'm not Turkish but what interests me is the logical not the lie without any arguments.

How many there are and quantity of years Republican and Democratic presidents - consecutive very long time and mandates for the same partie - ?

There is also something called an election. Once upon a time, AKP tried to rally there voters in promise of changing the constitution. AKP then lost its majority. The end. Is it not clear that the majority of the people don't want to see an authoritarian president? If he becomes a all powerful president, Turkey will be a so called democracy. An election is only one of the requirements for a democracy. He has already suppressed the opposition media. If his wish came true, he would have knocked out the remaining opposition hence democracy; just look at Iran, and Russia; supposedly has democracy. But in reality everyone fears for their life.

There is also something called an election. Once upon a time, AKP tried to rally there voters in promise of changing the constitution. AKP then lost its majority. The end. Is it not clear that the majority of the people don't want to see an authoritarian president? If he becomes a all powerful president, Turkey will be a so called democracy. An election is only one of the requirements for a democracy. He has already suppressed the opposition media. If his wish came true, he would have knocked out the remaining opposition hence democracy; just look at Iran, and Russia; supposedly has democracy. But in reality everyone fears for their life.

Oh really ! Question : why the majority people (85 to 90 %) do not vote against it, since it is now virtually a dictatorship ?

Dude we are talking about Turkey, not France; And France doesn't have politician such as Erdogan.

It really amazes me how person such as your self comes up with these so called come backs; i really think there is no point in arguing with you, since you are just posting unrelated stuff. Hence i will not argue with you.

Good luck buddy...

The thing I am more worried about is, AKP had the trend of making new projects regarding defence industry. Like the fighter jet for instance, but we can't say for sure that new ruling party's will have a similar focus with supporting new projects in the defence industry or other industries in general. For instance, I really hope the new government won't change anything about the tax incentives to attract company's to invest in the country. Tweak it sure, but getting rid of it would be terrible for us (unless Turkey becomes a developed nation).

This whole coalition thing, looking at Turkey's history it never worked out for us. I am however a bit more optimistic this time around, because I want to believe Turkey has matured since the last coalition. But judging from the way they have been arguing with each other for the last years/weeks/days, makes it seem like my optimism is unwarranted.

So I'm not crazy. Long live for USA power with CHP in coalition.

Last edited:
Most projects Kul had listed were projects from the last decade though, which was AKP's government. He didn't really say anything about company's and when and by who they were established.

Turkish political party's can be 'fesat'. Other party's could just cancel projects, just because it was established by their rivals. I doubt CHP would cancel any of the defence projects though. I still lean more on that CHP won't cancel projects like 3rd airport either, but still a little worried because of CHP's opinion about it. I'm sure Kemal Dervis will convince CHP of the necessity of the 3rd airport probably, if CHP would take those types of steps.

The thing I am more worried about is, AKP had the trend of making new projects regarding defence industry. Like the fighter jet for instance, but we can't say for sure that new ruling party's will have a similar focus with supporting new projects in the defence industry or other industries in general. For instance, I really hope the new government won't change anything about the tax incentives to attract company's to invest in the country. Tweak it sure, but getting rid of it would be terrible for us (unless Turkey becomes a developed nation).

This whole coalition thing, looking at Turkey's history it never worked out for us. I am however a bit more optimistic this time around, because I want to believe Turkey has matured since the last coalition. But judging from the way they have been arguing with each other for the last years/weeks/days, makes it seem like my optimism is unwarranted. When looking at Italy, which I would imagine has a more mature political landscape compared to Turkey, even banned coalitions because of how bad it's been for the country.

I don't want to bum anyone out here and just say that I'm gonna be optimistic about this. Praying for the best, guys.

Brothers, You should know that Organization, planning and investing to other technological projects, establishing infrastructure strategies and many others are under responsibilities of Undersecretariat of Turkish defence industry(SSM). What government along with Turkish military officials does is to say "Yes", or "No" for commencement of project in SSIK meetings but Turkish military is inside of planning organizations with SSM. The biggest mission of governments are about budgets. They are politicians, not engineers so They HAVE TO agree on what industry experts tell them. Atmaca and Gezgin is the project of Turkish Naval forces. SOM is the project of Turkish Air Forces, same for Sahin VWR and Goktuğ BVR missiles. Cirit is like the project of Turkish Land Forces. They requested and SSM charged institutes to develop specific one to meet the requirements.

As I said, It will be economical performance of government that is going to designate the future of project. In 2001 crisses, TF-2000, CH-47, Tank-2000 (procurement of 1000 tank) and many others were cancelled cause of financial reasons. 145 AH-1Z procurement project is also from 2000's. All those projects and names are coming from coalition times with changing their forms in accordance with rising domestic capabilities.

Last edited:
Brothers, You should know that Organization, planning and canalizing to other technological projects, establishing infrastructure strategies and many others are under responsibilities of Undersecretariat of Turkish defence industry(SSM). What government along with Turkish military officials does is to say "Yes", or "No" for commencement of project in SSIK meetings but Turkish military is inside of planning organizations with SSM. The biggest mission of governments are about budgets. They are politicians, not engineers so They HAVE TO agree on what industry experts tell them. Atmaca and Gezgin is the project of Turkish Naval forces. SOM is the project of Turkish Air Forces, same for Sahin VWR and Goktuğ BVR missiles. Cirit is like the project of Turkish Land Forces. They requested and SSM charged institutes to develop specific one to meet the requirements.

As I said, It will be economical performance of government that is going to designate the future of project. In 2001 crisses, TF-2000, CH-47, Tank-2000 (procurement of 1000 tank) and many others were cancelled cause of financial reasons. 145 AH-1Z procurement project is also from 2000's. All those projects and names are coming from coalition times with changing their forms in accordance with rising domestic capabilities.

Some projects need an important requirement called AMBITION which can not be put down by mere engineers.

...What government along with Turkish military officials does is to say "Yes", or "No" for commencement of project in SSIK meetings but Turkish military is inside of planning organizations with SSM. The biggest mission of governments are about budgets.

That’s it, “Yes” or “No” (2002-2014). I (Governement) will finance this project and I will make an absolute national priority. I will find the necessary budget.

CHP member of the coalition will say “Yes” ? Or MHP member of the coalition will say “Yes” ?

Want they do all that ? I doubt it !

Last edited:
yes yes. CHP and MHP hate the defence industry and will not try to advance..... offfffffffffff

Not all projects. It's much more subtle... But only ‘the most strategically important’ [TFX, Space Launch System - which also will provide Long range missile (T-LORAMİDS equivalent one day to ‘Arrow’), MİLDEN - with long rang Cruise Missile Launcher -, Uranium Enrichment - Nuclear Energy -, LHD/LPD]

Some people (Nations) are already very happy. Enjoy !

Not all projects. It's much more subtle... But only ‘the most strategically important’ [TFX, Space Launch System - which also will provide Long range missile (T-LORAMİDS equivalent one day to ‘Arrow’), MİLDEN - with long rang Cruise Missile Launcher -, Uranium Enrichment - Nuclear Energy -, LHD/LPD]

Sir, you seem to be just paranoid about anyone who is not an islamist.

Bro, I don't know which type of coalition It will be. AKP did great things indeed. Compared with AKP, CHP and MHP like parties are more west oriented Ataturkists and will certainly construct better relations with not only Israel but also Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Syria as well but Both of them have some itching to Armenia cause of brother Azerbaijan. They mostly don't want to put our noses into others business but just give their reactions with a diplomatic attitude insted of emotional, as long as a part of those affairs touch to Turkey. They prefer constructing foreign relations based on intelligence/benefits instead of emotions. That's why They are searching solutions to send Syrians back to their countries from now. (A bit pragmatist like USA. I think This is what you worry about). It is quite difficult to see them while crying at a foreign country for example. They never drive Turkey into the hand of unknown foreign policies/risks. Additions, Believe me Noone of them put industrial achievements, strategic projects and defence industry to second plan, since nationalizm is a serious part of their ideology, Even If one is right and other is left wing. Industrial proud stories are the reason of being all Turkish citizen, since We have been grown up with corrupt politicians bad stories who closed industrial production brands, aircraft factories.

Last edited:
Sir, you seem to be just paranoid about anyone who is not an islamist.

No just a little ‘as others paranoids’.

Turkish Space Programs | Page 31

Turkish Space Programs | Page 30

Turkish Space Programs | Page 30

Bro, I don't know which type of coalition It will be. AKP did great things indeed. Compared with AKP, CHP and MHP like parties are more west oriented Ataturkists and will certainly construct better relations with not only Israel but also Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Syria as well but Both of them have some itching to Armenia cause of brother Azerbaijan. They mostly don't want to put our noses into others business but just give their reactions with a diplomatic attitude insted of emotional, as long as a part of those affairs touch to Turkey. They prefer constructing foreign relations based on intelligence/benefits instead of emotions. That's why They are searching solutions to send Syrians back to their countries from now. (A bit pragmatist like USA. I think This is what you worry about). It is quite difficult to see them while crying at a foreign country for example. Additions, Believe me Noone of them put industrial achievements, strategic projects and defence industry to second plan, since nationalizm is a serious part of their ideology, Even If one is right and other is left wing. Industrial proud stories are the reason of being all Turkish citizen, since We have been grown up with corrupt politicians bad stories who closed industrial production brands, aircraft factories.

Brother
, we will see quickly…

Back
Top Bottom