What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

It isn't contradicts that much if Assad gives up on rest of Syria and Erdogan on the areas controlled by Assad. No side will get decisive victory its obvious. They sould be realistic.

It isn't contradicts that much if Assad gives up on rest of Syria and Erdogan on the areas controlled by Assad. No side will get decisive victory its obvious. They sould be realistic.

Probably. I didnt buy this story about Erdogan-Putin grand deal, realigment... call it whatever, from the start.. Cause from what I can see, there almost nothing to realign. Russian & Turkey interests in Syria are so far apart I dont see how they can agree on anything substantial or longterm.

I was & still am of opinion thatthese talks were conctructed as a way to losen up relations a bit and restart the bussines cause it did hurt both sides. All this pump about turkish-rusian grand deal also was useful for Kremlin to fruther undermine US role in Syria or at least to make it seems so... and for Turkey too this alarmist msg of Turkey turning to Kremlin was seen as useful as a way to pressure WH, send a msg.

Anyway thats my opionion, I have to see something more substantial on the ground to buy into this. Cause almost nothing on the ground has substantialy changed. Russia is still bombing the same targets, Turkey is still shipping weapons to the same gruops cross its border.

Pumping stories about TR-RU friendship is currently good for both worlds :), but in reality not that effective. Now I'm not a fan of using personal feelings when doing national matters (i.e fucking Davutoglu/Erdogan love for Palestine) but it's obvious we can only click with Russia for a short period and clash during the rest.

This whole Turkstream project literally came out of nowhere, shouldn't be taken granted for anything imo. In fact I read an article about it (written by think tank) stating that the equipment for the Turkstream (one pipe) was already bought for the EU southstream project that was blocked.

Erdoğan: PYD will get out of Menbic. We may also clean between Kırıkhan and Kilis [means Afrin ]

Today's talk... Ten minutes before I saw @ NTV... also said we have significant relation with Aleppo, no one can ignore this...

The heart is ayn al arab al th way to hasaka this where we have to hit.

Pumping stories about TR-RU friendship is currently good for both worlds :), but in reality not that effective. Now I'm not a fan of using personal feelings when doing national matters (i.e fucking Davutoglu/Erdogan love for Palestine) but it's obvious we can only click with Russia for a short period and clash during the rest.

This whole Turkstream project literally came out of nowhere, shouldn't be taken granted for anything imo. In fact I read an article about it (written by think tank) stating that the equipment for the Turkstream (one pipe) was already bought for the EU southstream project that was blocked.

That is probably true. Before a project named "Turkish stream" was even planned there was another big project that was about to go from Russia thru Black sea and end directly in Varna on the Bulgarian shore from where it was about to reach the European markets. The project was a competitor to the "Nabucco" natural gas pipeline that should have been bringing gas from Central Asia and diversify Europe's natural gas deliveries. Afterwards "Nabucco" was stopped. After that 2014 came and EU put sanctions on Russia because of it's involvement in Ukraine. Then there was some problems between the EU Commission and Gazprom/Russia regarding the "South stream" project mostly because it was not compatible with the EU norms. Then there was some tenсions between Bulgaria and Russia regarding the project and it was stopped too. Then Russians decided to punish Bulgaria and move the project to the Turkish shore then the downing of the Russian jet happened and everything else is history. :D

Even now thousands of elements for the pipeline are waiting to be used for a construction on two of the ports in Bulgaria- in Burgas and Varna (for which they are getting some pretty nice fees by Gazprom :D ). IMO a construction of a pipeline won't happen because it is not economically feasible. It is just a propaganda tool... Turkey doesn't need more Russian gas pipelines (especially such a big projects like "Turkish stream") considering the fact that "Blue stream" is working with half of it's capacity.

ps Hope we start importing more and more gas from Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan and even Israel soon and diversify our deliveries.

Any link,when and where did he say this?
"Erdoğan said that Turkey has also added to its agenda the clearing of terror organizations from the area lying south of Kilis province to the Kırıkhan district (of Hatay province). "Are we going to turn a blind eye to the terrorists coming from that region, carrying out attacks in our country and running back to Syria? It should not be forgotten that this is a matter of sovereignty for us," the president added. The area, which includes the town of Afrin, has been controlled by YPG since 2012, when forces loyal to Assad withdrew from the area and handed over control to its ally the Democratic Union Party (PYD), along with other border areas in the north and northeast."

Turkey determined to clear Manbij from PYD, President Erdoğan says

"Erdoğan said that Turkey has also added to its agenda the clearing of terror organizations from the area lying south of Kilis province to the Kırıkhan district (of Hatay province). "Are we going to turn a blind eye to the terrorists coming from that region, carrying out attacks in our country and running back to Syria? It should not be forgotten that this is a matter of sovereignty for us," the president added. The area, which includes the town of Afrin, has been controlled by YPG since 2012, when forces loyal to Assad withdrew from the area and handed over control to its ally the Democratic Union Party (PYD), along with other border areas in the north and northeast."

Turkey determined to clear Manbij from PYD, President Erdoğan says

How the hell are you gonna clear Manbij from PYD when you cant even clear Tal-Rifat or Shaykh Isa. We need more commanders and rebels first.

How the hell are you gonna clear Manbij from PYD when you cant even clear Tal-Rifat or Shaykh Isa. We need more commanders and rebels first.
I'll tag you when the cleansing begins.

Last edited:
Seems like Shilka and some kind of soviet tank with improvised armor

Back
Top Bottom