What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

TSK confirmed that it's SAA helicopter attacked by a varil bomb. 2 FSA soldiers martyred

Turkish FM: #EuphratesShield operation will continue despite SAA airstrikes, until Al Bab and border area fully secured from ISIL and YPG fighter

the real question is why dont the fsa members have Stinger? that chopper could be downed ..

how everything works I personally would never be a fsa member to join ES never..

the real question is why dont the fsa members have Stinger? that chopper could be downed ..

how everything works I personally would never be a fsa member to join ES never..

As i know every single of stingers have under controlled by USA in our inventory, they allways come and check it is numbers and everythings, it is US made. Without permition of USA you cant supply FSA with stingers, if you give any of them they will find numbers and blame you. So we have to produce our own manpads or buy some SA-xx from gunrunner.

As i know every single of stingers have under controlled by USA in our inventory, they allways come and check it is numbers and everythings, it is US made. Without permition of USA you cant supply FSA with stingers, if you give any of them they will find numbers and blame you. So we have to produce our own manpads or buy some SA-xx from gunrunner.

Afaik we have non-stinger manpads in our inventory.
Anyways, YPG is trying to attack near Azaz, infiltration attempt failed.

Meanwhile US is saying Raqqa operation to go ahead but everyone is screwing around near Azaz/Bab area? Deliberate statements to try and have IS militants make preparations for operation against Raqqa and thus keep them from sending reinforcements to Mosul?

Turkey says the focus of the OP is AL Bab and Manbij. They are trying to get Assad to back off, I really wonder what is going to happen if the morons in Damscus insist on bombing units involved in Euphrates Shield

Turkey says the focus of the OP is AL Bab and Manbij. They are trying to get Assad to back off, I really wonder what is going to happen if the morons in Damscus insist on bombing units involved in Euphrates Shield
Alot of talks. Thats what is going to happen :D

Probably. I didnt buy this story about Erdogan-Putin grand deal, realigment... call it whatever, from the start.. Cause from what I can see, there almost nothing to realign. Russian & Turkey interests in Syria are so far apart I dont see how they can agree on anything substantial or longterm.

I was & still am of opinion thatthese talks were conctructed as a way to losen up relations a bit and restart the bussines cause it did hurt both sides. All this pump about turkish-rusian grand deal also was useful for Kremlin to fruther undermine US role in Syria or at least to make it seems so... and for Turkey too this alarmist msg of Turkey turning to Kremlin was seen as useful as a way to pressure WH, send a msg.

Anyway thats my opionion, I have to see something more substantial on the ground to buy into this. Cause almost nothing on the ground has substantialy changed. Russia is still bombing the same targets, Turkey is still shipping weapons to the same gruops cross its border.

Back
Top Bottom