What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

"Senior Turkish officials say they see no difference between Kurdish 'terrorists' of YPG and foreigners who joined the group to fight IS

Senior Turkish officials have warned that their armed forces will confront as "terrorists" British and foreign volunteers fighting with the Kurdish YPG militia in Syria - and that any casualties will be the responsibility of their own governments.

In comments to Middle East Eye, a spokesman for the Turkish prime minister, Binali Yildirim, said British, French, American and other citizens fighting alongside the YPG would be treated as "terrorists... regardless of whether they are members of allied countries".

Scores of foreign fighters, including British citizens, have joined the YPG under its umbrella organisation, the Syrian Democratic Forces, and have fought to expel IS from towns including Kobane, Manbij and Tal Abayad.

But the rapidly changing situation since the Turkish incursion means that these British subjects could now be hunted down by the army of a NATO ally.

“Turkey does not differentiate on the basis of nationality when it comes to membership in terrorist organisations,” said Yunus Akbaba, an adviser to Yildirim. “In the heat of battle we are not going to stop and ask the terrorists what their nationality is.

“Turkey will not hesitate to confront terrorist organisations within the scope of its operation. These are terrorist groups and anyone fighting under their banner will be considered terrorists,” he said.

“It is the responsibility of the countries where they come from to prevent them from joining these groups. Turkish forces will confront them if they are fighting under the banner of terrorist groups, regardless of whether they are members of allied countries,” he said.

Akbaba said Turkey has, to date, deported around 5,000 foreign fighters while trying to enter Syria from Turkey and that it is the responsibility of their native countries to deal with them. He said most of the deported fighters were headed to join IS but some were also trying to join the YPG. "

They should be hunted.

Last edited:
Our airforce should be 24/7 in the air. Rumors say YPG got 400 kornet with a lot of ammo

FSA had lost some villages to ISIS today but it seems like that they have taken what they have lost and more after airstrikes.

Not exactly. They lost control and than immediately recaptured several towns from DAESH.

This happened within a couple of hours. It's a bit confusing.

//// Sorry, my bad, yanlis anlasilma. You're right.

@KediKesenFare I think you're right, they took what they lost and captured more. On both sides today: http://syria.liveuamap.com/

Lessons learned:
- Border almost closed.
- FSA mostly useless without air support.

If we coordinate FSA they do good jobs, but byself they are irregular like at Ottoman times bashibouzks

Bashi-bazouk_Ottoman_Postcard.jpg

i was met with some Syrian Turkmans he was told me that, our guys everytime sleeping, they are irregular, when our commanders order somethings they dont mind, but Turkish army different, they do everything properly....

btw 6 more villages captured today,

Zugara,
Şuayne,
Küllü
Boz Höyük
east Sabuniye
west Sabuniye

https://www.facebook.com/turkmenajans1/posts/1142906109081758

https://www.facebook.com/turkmenajans1/posts/1142980412407661

as i understand we just need more reinforcements for more progressing, because after captured villages we have to put some security forces over there, also we can surprise YPG and DEASH by atacking different places so that they cant be focus just on one front line. Their numbers not enough because they start to use low aged childreen...

The press release regarding foreigners is a message that combatants embedded with any terrorist organization are free game. Message to the US and to the SDF about getting any funny ideas. If they continue their terror cooperation, they will be "accidentally" eliminated.

Turks amassing armor for further push towards Manbij. US is bitching and moaning. Can't do anything about it. Turkey pushing ahead. YPG/SDF/PKK crying about strikes in Afrin and Kobani countryside. Nice to see.

@KediKesenFare I think you're right, they took what they lost and captured more. On both sides today: http://syria.liveuamap.com/

Lessons learned:
- Border almost closed.
- FSA mostly useless without air support.

Yes, seems like they are indeed. You people will have to be in it for the long haul.
Syrian quagmire/chaos yet again. @Vergennes

20-man-battle-royal-wwe-raw-300x168.jpg

Syria be LIKE........
ww3-1777694.jpg

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom