What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Syrian Kurds are not a very populous folk. Its the smallest Kurdish minority in four countries(Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Syria). So even the small casualties are important for their future. Especially taking down people who took leading roles.

Probably Islamist Kurds who dislike PKK ideology but still retain some levels of nationalism. My guess.

SDF to restart offensive operations against ISIS in the MERV and on Syria-Iraq border

In a statement, State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert said the U.S., the Coalition, and local partners “including the Syrian Democratic Forces” were launching operations against the final ISIS strongholds in Syria.

“We will defend United States, Coalition, and partner forces if attacked,” Nauert said.

The U.S. will work with Turkey, Israel, Jordan, Iraq, and Lebanon “to secure their borders from ISIS,” and will “seek further fair share contributions in forces, materiel, and resources from regional partners and allies to stabilize liberated territories,” Nauert added.

https://thedefensepost.com/2018/05/01/sdf-return-offensive-operations-merv-syria-iraq-border/

What does this mean? We started to co-operate with the "US" in Syria?

What does this mean? We started to co-operate with the "US" in Syria?

No just the usual bs statement “we are with our allies”

Don’t expect any operations after this, Afrin is done, currency down but elections is secured, don’t be surprised if we come to some sort of “middle way” imo, I hope I am wrong.

No just the usual bs statement “we are with our allies”

Don’t expect any operations after this, Afrin is done, currency down but elections is secured, don’t be surprised if we come to some sort of “middle way” imo, I hope I am wrong.
Currency has nothing to do with Afrin. This is the excuse of our goverment. Economy i down for the last 15 years. We have no production, both in industry and agriculture. Our import is much higher than our export. USD/TRY will skyrocket in a few months.

Currency has nothing to do with Afrin. This is the excuse of our goverment. Economy i down for the last 15 years. We have no production, both in industry and agriculture. Our import is much higher than our export. USD/TRY will skyrocket in a few months.

Just pointing the Afrin op and coming economic situation was well time before the elections. Notice all talks of PKK in Syria have gone silent.

As mentioned hope I am wrong.

Last edited:

Full of bullshit. Yes, economy is not performing well recently but last 15 years? Are you serious? Can't you just compare numbers? Were we world power before 2000?

Look, foreign trade by years:

http://www.tuik.gov.tr/PreIstatistikTablo.do?istab_id=621

You can see both export, import numbers and also ratio of imports covered by exports in this table. Both export and import raised almost 4x and and as you can see clearly, that ratio is always fluctuating between %55-75. Our import is/was always higher than our export, mostly due to energy import. We were never been a net exporter since 1945.

Turkey has better economy than 15 years ago but we have still structural problems. Instead of making stupid statements, and falsifying things as creating imaginary successfull times related to recent history, better to be realistic and point out real problems. This kind of stupid opposition doesn't make any help!

Full of bullshit. Yes, economy is not performing well recently but last 15 years? Are you serious? Can't you just compare numbers? Were we world power before 2000?

Look, foreign trade by years:

http://www.tuik.gov.tr/PreIstatistikTablo.do?istab_id=621

You can see both export, import numbers and also ratio of imports covered by exports in this table. Both export and import raised almost 4x and and as you can see clearly, that ratio is always fluctuating between %55-75. Our import is/was always higher than our export, mostly due to energy import. We were never been a net exporter since 1945.

Turkey has better economy than 15 years ago but we have still structural problems. Instead of making stupid statements, and falsifying things as creating imaginary successfull times related to recent history, better to be realistic and point out real problems. This kind of stupid opposition doesn't make any help!
You don't know shit about economics. There is no country that haven't improved there economy in 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom