What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

So,it seems like the US alongside France and probably the UK + some gulf countries (still to be confirmed though) are planning to conduct airstrikes against Bashar and his army because of the use of chemical weapons.

Turkey seems to be very quiet on the issue,probably due to its deal with Russia and Iran,but as its neutrality can benefit her,I believe this situation might be untenable. Do you guys think Turkey could take part in the armed response ?
No for once, we should watch for once and benefit on the sidelines, it is NOT in our interest. One side will come out weaker or defeated military/diplomatically from this and that shouldn't be us.

USA/West leaving Syria will be the best outcome if it does occur, our chance to clean the terrorists.

are you kidding? they are producing 1000km cruise missile we are producing 280km cruise missiles. They have frigates that can launc scalp missiles also subs can launch cruise missiles.

Actually talking about Turkey-france war is totaly waste of time.

Yeah and these frigates and submarines can be destroyed france isnt america alright they are above avg but still below what u would consider an end boss :D A war between france and turkey well france would loose since its offensive weapons can be rather easily be taken out. It would get more interesting in turkeys side since the turkish naval forces are more and more getting offensive weaponry I think it would be even realistic in the coming 10 years that turkey could conquer france.

So,it seems like the US alongside France and probably the UK + some gulf countries (still to be confirmed though) are planning to conduct airstrikes against Bashar and his army because of the use of chemical weapons.

Turkey seems to be very quiet on the issue,probably due to its deal with Russia and Iran,but as its neutrality can benefit her,I believe this situation might be untenable. Do you guys think Turkey could take part in the armed response ?

The west is turkeys enemy seriously :D I think we are with the axis on this one and hopefully close incirlik + nato exit+ taking back eu applicaton that would be nice.

We should do what America did in WW2 if there is an armed response to Bashar. Just sit on the sidelines and then unleash hell when others have borne the brunt of the initial combat.

Do you guys think Turkey could take part in the armed response ?
Turkeys first priority is ypg, the only way i see Turkey supporting US is when they let ypg fall, otherwise Turkey wont do anything, or might even use the opportunity to grab Manbij.

I just hope Turkey doesn’t take a side in this whole conflict and for once just wait from the sideline to see what happens next... Turkey can win a lot from an escalation of the tensions between it’s enemies and opponents in Syria.
Not if they beat syria and maybe after like 10 20 years they will look up north to attack us. Every presence of them is a danger for us

If US&YPG starts land grabbing and start moving towards Aleppo, we should definietly use the change and grab it before them.

Not if they beat syria and maybe after like 10 20 years they will look up north to attack us. Every presence of them is a danger for us

Who are they? The enemies you talk about... because I see a lot of them. Don’t get fooled by the smiling Putin or Rouhani in Ankara.

Assad and his forces hate Turkey and will do everything they can to harm us. The same for those behind them.

YPG hates us and will use every opportunity to attack Turkey. The same for their puppet masters.

Even the groups Turkey is backing and harboring in the territories it controlls are a potential threat to Turkey’s national security and be sure that other powers will be very happy to use them against Turkey.

Don’t forget that all other State players in the conflict are chasing their interests and there are no permanent friends and enemies when it comes to chasing your goals.

Turkey should try to use every opportunity that opens in an environment where it is surrounded only by enemies. Neither Russia and Iran or America and EU are Turkey’s friends or allies no matter how many photos Erdogan takes with their leaders and how much he shakes hands with them.

I see nothing bad in our enemies clashing with each other more often. It’s better for Turkey to watch from the sidelines how they are bleeding while fighting one another.

I talk about a short term period and not about what happens in 20 years. Maybe the world won’t exist by then.

Who are they? The enemies you talk about... because I see a lot of them. Don’t get fooled by the smiling Putin or Rouhani in Ankara.

Assad and his forces hate Turkey and will do everything they can to harm us. The same for those behind them.

YPG hates us and will use every opportunity to attack Turkey. The same for their puppet masters.

Even the groups Turkey is backing and harboring in the territories it controlls are a potential threat to Turkey’s national security and be sure that other powers will be very happy to use them against Turkey.

Don’t forget that all other State players in the conflict are chasing their interests and there are no permanent friends and enemies when it comes to chasing your goals.

Turkey should try to use every opportunity that opens in an environment where it is surrounded only by enemies. Neither Russia and Iran or America and EU are Turkey’s friends or allies no matter how many photos Erdogan takes with their leaders and how much he shakes hands with them.

I see nothing bad in our enemies clashing with each other more often. It’s better for Turkey to watch from the sidelines how they are bleeding while fighting one another.

I talk about a short term period and not about what happens in 20 years. Maybe the world won’t exist by then.

The downside is that, if you want to be a regional power or beyond, you have to play that gambling game of "Side"...
Since it's by taking such steps, that you will seal a "Mind" around the region and therefore be able to "impose" your views.

But ofc, it's gambling, it can work or it can't... The last Gambling was the Ottoman play in 1914-1918... and that one failed... But who knows, the next could be the good one.

That is IF Turkey seek to be a regional power, if not, having the spot of "Observer" is the good one... And let's not forget... The one Playing in Syria DO NOT live next to that conflict zone... Turkey does... It's like having your Kids speak about their Incoming Inheritence while you are still Alive...

Last, Short term view is a curse for a Nation. it's only good for "Individuals" and their "Agendas"

Not taking a side , balancing sides you could protect your interests. There are any precise rules in international politics.
What US say we should interpret contrary.

Yeah and these frigates and submarines can be destroyed france isnt america alright they are above avg but still below what u would consider an end boss :D A war between france and turkey well france would loose since its offensive weapons can be rather easily be taken out. It would get more interesting in turkeys side since the turkish naval forces are more and more getting offensive weaponry I think it would be even realistic in the coming 10 years that turkey could conquer france.

The west is turkeys enemy seriously :D I think we are with the axis on this one and hopefully close incirlik + nato exit+ taking back eu applicaton that would be nice.

you are high as hell.

These are hard choices. I think we will stay silent.

Aravis from Nexter. It is equipping the engineer units of the French army. It seems like the special forces acquired some for their operations.

jkl.jpg

jkr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom