What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

PKK's Academy Awards nominee -

I really don't know what to say - I'm confused about my feelings atm...
is my hate against pkk kurds increasing, or did I just think it's hilarious funny to watch?
sorry for my words but - these people have to get intern in sorts of camps.. no more words...
the moment this little s*ut started screaming was the moment when I started to imagine how'd be to put him inside .... sorry again for my words.. but you can see this standup comedy fake *** shit 24/7 in europe -
the worst, the saddest part is - the germans believe this shit

Well... Seems Erdogan really want Afrin for this Evening... But...

FSA, starting Assault on Western Afrin side...
But He also say in the coming Days for Afrin "City"...
Therefore Erdogan statement and FSA are not "same" for that matter...

Last edited:
29178123_1786731924691558_3650227279633580032_n.jpg

It is no secret that Russia wants Turkey to take over Afrin. Presence of Kurdish groups means the presence of US. And as the Syrian government didn't have the power to take over Afrin or any of the Kurdish areas, Russia couldn't intervene. It couldn't go in there with its own forces either because that would be really bad for its internal politics. This is actually a great win-win scenario for Russia, Syrian Government and Turkey.

Russia wins by having less territories inside Syria to worry about. (Because, like I said, Kurdish presence means US presence. It would rather have Turkish presence in Afrin). Russia no longer acts like Turkey is a nato ally. It rather acts like it is an eastern bloc country nowadays. So, if Turkey has Afrin, it means less of a chance for a US-made defense system or base installed in Afrin. If somehow the US ensured the formation of a Kurdish state that stretched through the entire border of Turkey, US would have been able to have yet another ally in the area.

Syrian Government wins because it didn't need to use almost any manpower. It may look like it has lost, but believe me, in the future, if the rebels and the government somehow gets along or if they can elect a joint leader, it will have a larger territory. I also think that all those small forces that were sent to "take control of Afrin" were just a show. They wanted to show Turkey that if it decides to go further than Afrin, they may start a real war. (They can't afford that anyway so it was just the smallest bluff maybe).

Lastly, of course it is a win for Turkey as it clears its borders from these terrorists groups, injects its presence into a much larger area (which will mean a bigger bargaining chip on the table for Syria's future), ensures that a Kurdish presence can never reach the coasts (and consequently, land locks a possible future Kurdish nation), forces US to perhaps realize its real allies.

I think that, the real question is, will we actually give all of these sides what they want? Russia and Syria probably assumes that one day, they will get back these areas. But already, we have too many investments in these terrains. So consequently, I don't think that we will actually give them back. I actually believe that one day, in like 10-15 years when all of this crisis blows out entirely, there will be elections to add al-bab and Afrin into Turkey. Syria will be still weak enough to make any counter moves against that. We may, in the future, see Afrin as the 82nd province.

note: I should point out that this is solely my analysis of the situation. I'm not a military tactics expert. :)
Good analysis. I would also say Russia wants some balance of forces on the ground to maintain its dominance over the regime. Russia and Iran aren't as friendly as they make out publicly. Iran has it's own schemes in Syria and the more successful Assad is on the ground the stronger Iran and less in control for Russia

Back
Top Bottom