What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Turkey allows syrians return their home in IDLIB.

According to ANNA:
The first refugees are returning to the settlements of the East of Idlib province liberated from jihadists. On 4 March, 1,450 residents of Abu Duhur, including women and children, returned to their homes. This was made possible by the concl long negotiations with the militants of al-Nusra and Noureddine al-Zinki. Recall that in October 2017, the Syrian army launched a military operation to liberate the strategic military base of Abu Duhur, as well as the Aleppo - Hama railway. The village of Abu Duhur came under the control of the government on January 22. //

afrin.png
Cinderes-Afrin

Last edited:
1700 are coming, prepare the coffins guys.

...and I don't expect Assad to stop them either. But if we bomb the shit out of them before they reach Afrin (while they passing through Assad territory), it would mean that Russia is really disapproving SDF.

It is also possible that these 1.700 fighters are coming to protect Münbic. This would also make sense to me. They use Afrin as an excuse to leave East Syria and blame Turkey. In fact, maybe even the US is secretly approving this step. Afrin is lost. We all know this. Münbic, however, is the last SDF stronghold on the West side of the Euphrates River. Losing Münbic would be an ideological, political an geopolitical disaster for PKK.

I can't anticipate the next US move unfortunately. Still, they could use the latest deployment of SDF forces as an excuse to leave Münbic:

/////

Meanwhile

If this is true and they left without US weapons, what's the point of all this? This is a suicide mission.

According to some sources, SDF is preparing a major attack on Al Bab from Münbiç. ProPKK sources also claim that thousands of fighters from Eastern Syria are on their way to Afrin. The US meanwhile paused their op in Eastern Syria.
Lets just hope they give such an opportunity to TSK.

In mountain warfare the most important part is controlling the hills. The higher you are the more advantage you have.
As I said earlier Afrin is not Waziristan. It’s not even Hakkari region. The mountains there are joke.
Once you controlled entire mountain ridge around Rajo the enemy pulled out. Otherwise they were risking full encirclement and since surrounded from higher ground it would turn into pigeon shoot(don’t want to use word turkey)
Same thing for jinderes. Sheikh Hadid, IMO, has been abandoned a while ago. Place was useless to defend.
The move to Afrin city will be a cakewalk once you descend into lower ground from 3 sides. Some ieds, atgms etc. I don’t see them fight for afrin raqqa style either. I am more concerned about tell rifat and minagh

Listen I know what talal silo said. And I guarantee you if Silo gets captured by sdf he will say he was kidnapped by MIT and made those statements to discredit sdf.
Come on, people like talal are spineless weasels. The treason is loved the traitor is hated.
As far as payments concerned. We got into Iraq and wasted trillions of dollars. At the same time fighting in Afghanistan and 2005 got flooding in Louisiana. Any other country would collapse. don’t worry about 30-50 thousands sdf. It’s nothing

According "official" situation, "Seljuk brigade" which was based on al-Rai and was under command of Silo has switched to SDF. Did we ever saw them in action? Did we ever saw like fifty of them pictured in SDF territory? Silo is a weird guy but do you believe hundreds of Turkmens would just willingly leave their homes and families behind, accept being considered traitors by their ethnic group?

According to Silo, Ferhat Abdi Halil aka Shahin Cilo is the main guy who coordinate relationship with US, distribution of weapons, decision of future official statements etc.

This guy

https://www.turkishnews.com/tr/cont.../1475355_3b7e60eac1386f67fe44cdd3cd81db12.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-V-xK6WsAI7rvB.jpg

And guess what, this guy is a seasoned PKK militant, a high ranker.

A news from 2011, him being announced as the organizator of large scale ied plantings near border. He said the commander of a "special task force"

http://www.ensonhaber.com/mayinli-pkk-saldirilari-bu-teroristin-isi-2011-09-01.html

Him again, this time on the media wing of PKK "Roj Tv"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-V6MD0XcAEKcLC.jpg

Can someone explain my why YPG continues to defend Afrin? It is obvious that they will lose. And it looks like the US is not going to be providing much help, let alone push Turkey out of the region. So what is the point of just dying day by day for a terrain that wasn't even theirs in the first place? Instead, they could have already reinforced their position in Manbij or (knowing that Turkey would strike Manbij next) just go to the East of Euphrates and try to build a nation? Isn't that what they are after anyway? Why just try and hold on to Afrin? Are they plain stupid? The odds are extremely against them. They already have nearly 3000 dead bodies laying across Afrin. So why even bother? This must be a different level of stupidity.

I mean, in normal warfare against an invading country, of course you would defend your territory because that is originally your home. You have a house, a car, a family there. But in Afrin, most of these terrorists are from other areas of the region. Most of them weren't even adults when the war began. So why not just migrate to whatever nation they are trying to build? With the money they've spent in this area for weapons etc., they could have easily funded new cities in their territories across Euphrates. They could have 3000 more men who could have helped build a so called "nation". Please some explain.

Can someone explain my why YPG continues to defend Afrin? It is obvious that they will lose. And it looks like the US is not going to be providing much help, let alone push Turkey out of the region. So what is the point of just dying day by day for a terrain that wasn't even theirs in the first place? Instead, they could have already reinforced their position in Manbij or (knowing that Turkey would strike Manbij next) just go to the East of Euphrates and try to build a nation? Isn't that what they are after anyway? Why just try and hold on to Afrin? Are they plain stupid? The odds are extremely against them. They already have nearly 3000 dead bodies laying across Afrin. So why even bother? This must be a different level of stupidity.

I mean, in normal warfare against an invading country, of course you would defend your territory because that is originally your home. You have a house, a car, a family there. But in Afrin, most of these terrorists are from other areas of the region. Most of them weren't even adults when the war began. So why not just migrate to whatever nation they are trying to build? With the money they've spent in this area for weapons etc., they could have easily funded new cities in their territories across Euphrates. They could have 3000 more men who could have helped build a so called "nation". Please some explain.

Maybe they are too brainwashed, maybe to proud for their own good.

They should have taken the deal with Assad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom