What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

That’s not good and demoralized the ordinary soldier. They know, there are better stuffs, and get the feeling the government think more on money than life’s of soldiers.

Well they have not the same training, special ops have to learn at least 2 language and more what i don't remember. Ther is not much with equipments, only with SAT and SAS commandos.

It doesn't matter... the op will continue...since the YPG/PKK rhetoric is already in use.
SAA can't guarantee the END of YPG/PKK in Afrin...therefore it's a lost cause for them.
SAA is 3-5 months late...

I don't understand those "news" coming from SAA... since it's useless... and they mostly know it...

All combat soldiers (who fought on battlefield) must be equipped with an optimum gears and weapons. What about rations?

Are these (Turkish) soldier equipped with optimum gears, like helmet, wests, rifles, boots and other equipments (Tek-Er)?

New equipment doesn't make it better if the design is obsolete and absolutely useless and idiotic. Both my helmet and old vest(RIP) made in 2016 yet I absolutely hate them with every cell in my body. I mutilated my vest as best as I can to no avail. Whoever put that stupid so-called neck protection should be hang by the balls.
Luckily a retired commando sergeant donated his vest to me, it was a dream come through. Everyone care about commandos especially gendarmerie commandoes, no one care about good old poor infantry :(

It doesn't matter... the op will continue...since the YPG/PKK rhetoric is already in use.
SAA can't guarantee the END of YPG/PKK in Afrin...therefore it's a lost cause for them.
SAA is 3-5 months late...

it does matter because opposition in Turkey (CHP) is against going afrin city center. If Assad is managed to get Afrin center i dont think our politicians can engage them there !!

Well they have not the same training, special ops have to learn at least 2 language and more what i don't remember. Ther is not much with equipments, only with SAT and SAS commandos.

Special forces has special operations. In general, it does not take much time to do the job , after that they remove from the battlefield, but ordinary soldier stay till war is over. The brunt is doing by these soldiers. It seems the government does not care much for these soldiers.

I dont care as long as they stay in Afrin city centre. I'm also againts going to center but surrounding towns and hilly areas should be taken, Assad or not.

it does matter because opposition in Turkey (CHP) is against going afrin city center. If Assad is managed to get Afrin center i dont think our politicians can engage them there !!
Politicians do not fight... and the YPG/PKK "should be out" rhetoric is already too deep... they have to continue till the end...
But if you get everything around Afrin...then it's also a "win-win" situation... But yet...PKK is still "near" TR border...

New equipment doesn't make it better if the design is obsolete and absolutely useless and idiotic. Both my helmet and old vest(RIP) made in 2016 yet I absolutely hate them with every cell in my body. I mutilated my vest as best as I can to no avail. Whoever put that stupid so-called neck protection should be hang by the balls.
Luckily a retired commando sergeant donated his vest to me, it was a dream come through. Everyone care about commandos especially gendarmerie commandoes, no one care about good old poor infantry :(

But honestly, new equipment are better, not always, but most.

Btw, I mean the combat soldiers, you mean that as commandos, as far as I know.

That’s not good and demoralized the ordinary soldier. They know, there are better stuffs, and get the feeling the government think more on money than life’s of soldiers.

Yeah like those Lowa boots FSA guys get and here we pay 200 bucks to get a semi-decent boot. It barely survived six months. It certainly not demoralize us. Long live the state. We can easily buy whatever the hell we need but it certainly creates standardization problems and some really really mad logistics personnel.

But honestly, new equipment are better, not always, but most.

Btw, I mean the combat soldiers, you mean that as commandos, as far as I know.

Depends on the class. Army infantry no chance, army commando sort-of, gendarmerie commando hell yeah. Again equipment is not old, their design is useless and obsolete. That's why most of the personnel (me as well) buy their equipment from the civilian companies which in turn mess up the whole logistics chain.

Special forces has special operations. In general, it does not take much time to do the job , after that they remove from the battlefield, but ordinary soldier stay till war is over. The brunt is doing by these soldiers. It seems the government does not care much for these soldiers.

You don't now what you are talking about, go watch what kind equipment they are wearing in videos.

This is a 100% false assumption. There were ÖKK guys who stayed in Syria during the entirety of ES operation. I personally met one(Sergeant Major) during my second time down there.

Back
Top Bottom