What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to supply Kurds with MANPADs especially not Russia since those weapons can fall into anyone's hands and be used against Russia.

Russia itself is trying to determine the origin of the MANPAD that downed the SU-25 and how terrorists obtained it. The T-129 could have just been hit with small arms fire and lost power, it doesn't have much protection. Russian engineers built the MI-24, MI-28 and SU-25 with thick armor just for this reason.

In many wars those aircraft returned safely after being hit with MANPADs or heavy machine gun fire.
Why not, last time I checked Russia didn't recognize PKK as a terrorist organization.

You like your commie friends don't you?

Why not, last time I checked Russia didn't recognize PKK as a terrorist organization.

You like your commie friends don't you?

Last time I checked Turkey didn't recognize the FSA as a terrorist organization?

You like your jihadists friends don't you?

Get back to the topic and don't make accusations and insults. Why would Russia supply MANPADS to Kurds anyways? How would it benifit Russian especially when it falls into the wrong hands? There is literally nothing to gain from it.

The T-129 probably didn't even get hit with a MANPAD otherwise it would break apart like that Turkish Cobra a few years ago. It probably got hit with small arms.

Last time I checked Turkey didn't recognize the FSA as a terrorist organization?

Get back to the topic and don't make accusations and insults. Why would Russia supply MANPADS to Kurds anyways? How would it benifit Russian especially when it falls into the wrong hands? There is literally nothing to gain from it.

The T-129 probably didn't even get hit with a MANPAD otherwise it would break apart like that Turkish Cobra a few years ago. It probably got hit with small arms.
I remember a certain Russian soldier showing a MANPADS while his ship crossed the bosphorus, shortly after that one of our Cobras got shot down by a PKK MANPADS. This was after the incident in which Russian Su24 was hit after crossing into Turkish Airspace.

Russians have a thing about revenge, maybe you hold us responsible for the SU25 that was recently hit above Idlib.
Makes me wonder.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to supply Kurds with MANPADs especially not Russia since those weapons can fall into anyone's hands and be used against Russia.

Russia itself is trying to determine the origin of the MANPAD that downed the SU-25 and how terrorists obtained it. The T-129 could have just been hit with small arms fire and lost power, it doesn't have much protection. Russian engineers built the MI-24, MI-28 and SU-25 with thick armor just for this reason.

In many wars those aircraft returned safely after being hit with MANPADs or heavy machine gun fire.

I dont know what kind of armor T129 uses. There are some critical parts like the air intake and rotor or rotor blades. Hitting this with 12.7 rounds can give serious trouble.

I remember a certain Russian soldier showing a MANPADS while his ship crossed the bosphorus, shortly after that one of our Cobras got shot down by a PKK MANPADS. This was after the Russian Su24 was hit after crossing into Turkish Airspace.

Russians have a thing about revenge, maybe you hold us responsible for the SU25 that was recently hit above Idlib.
Makes me wonder.

Those are marines, they are always armed and guarding ships even in home ports.

I'm sorry to tell you but there are dozens of terrorist groups in Syria all fighting with each other and the Syrian army. They constantly take weapons off each other after battles.
There are multiple countries such as the US, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Russia, etc providing certain weapons to certain groups.

The only groups benifiting from MANPADs in Syria are ones that don't operate aircraft over Syria. Again the T-129 doesn't even look like it got hit with a MANPAD.

Those are marines, they are always armed and guarding ships even in home ports.

I'm sorry to tell you but there are dozens of terrorist groups in Syria all fighting with each other and the Syrian army. They constantly take weapons off each other after battles.
There are multiple countries such as the US, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Russia, etc providing certain weapons to certain groups.

The only groups benifiting from MANPADs in Syria are ones that don't operate aircraft over Syria. Again the T-129 doesn't even look like it got hit with a MANPAD.
I know Russian ships are old af. but don't you have any equivalent of ESSM? or SM1? or any other air defence weapon that's 10 times better than MANPADS? It's rather strange one soldier displaying that on the top deck.

I mean you realize that it looks weird right?

I know Russian ships are old af. but don't you have any equivalent of ESSM? or SM1? or any other air defence weapon that's 10 times better than MANPADS? It's rather strange one soldier displaying that on the top deck.

Russia has dozens of new ships, many armed with defensive systems. Most Russian military ships that sail through the Bosporus are old supply ships that resupply Russian forces in Syria.

Russia has dozens of new ships, many armed with defensive systems. Most Russian military ships that sail through the Bosporus are old supply ships that resupply Russian forces in Syria.
s-5877892c713f4c828c6a7523b18480ed3c5c0ad4.jpg

This doesn't look like a supply ship to me. This looks like a ship with multiple guns that can engage aerial targets without the need of a guy with MANPADS at the top deck guarding it.

This could be a threat.

Besides

We're not denying that we're moving with some FSA groups inside Syria, are you suggesting that Russia has a similiar arrangement with PKK?

Last edited:
You must be pretty delusional to think that Turkey can come out winning from an open confrontation with the Americans in times when Turkey has no friends but only enemies ready to attack her in any opened chance. If you haven’t realized this already you are blind.

Turkey is almost completely dependent on American and Western technologies and markets keep that in mind... it’s easy to want war with America while sitting on the computer but if they sanction Turkey and cut all economic and political relations with it the mini Cold war with Russia in 2016 will look like a walk in the park.

Instead of you guys dreaming about attacking Americans Erdo can first kick them out of Incirlik but he lack the balls to even do that. Until he does this all your “Attack America” chants will sound funny and pity.

ps The PKK scums do not care when attacking civilians so why should we? Give them a healthy dose of their own medicine.

Dont worry There are many ways to indirect or direct atack of their troops in the war area, we done it several times and we will do again. İf it is necessary or time come İncirlik air base can be shut down.

Rest in peace brave soldiers.
We could save you but we didn't see far enough

We've used T129s offensively instead of their real intended role which is close air support.
We didn't think to install ejection seats on T129s.
We failed.

I hope the relevant people are taking lessons from this, so this doesn't happen again.

ps The PKK scums do not care when attacking civilians so why should we? Give them a healthy dose of their own medicine.

^this. Cut the bullshit. Just strike everything whih u believes is a threat to turkish soldiers. I mean as of now they are wearing civilian clothes anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom