What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I hope YPG gives up Afrin to Russia/Assad. The advance is going very slow and PKK is making propaganda that we are hitting civilians and historic sites. Unfortunately this is having a negative effect. If YPG gives up their weapons in Afrin and Assad moves in we can stop in Afrin and move to Manbij as soon as possible and blast them out there and move towards the Iraqi border as TSK is planning.

I hope YPG gives up Afrin to Russia/Assad. The advance is going very slow and PKK is making propaganda that we are hitting civilians and historic sites. Unfortunately this is having a negative effect. If YPG gives up their weapons in Afrin and Assad moves in we can stop in Afrin and move to Manbij as soon as possible and blast them out there and move towards the Iraqi border as TSK is planning.
Just go back to bed...

The advance was slowed for days because of very bad weather. Plus we're capturing mountainous regions first, which is bound to take longer.

Don't forget that their propaganda just shows how desperate and weak they are. I personally think it would be much better if we capture the city, otherwise it'll always be a thorn against us. They'll constantly supply PKK in Turkey through tunnels and launch rocket attacks. It's better if we just finish them now. Plus if Assad gets the city, YPG/KCK will make more non-sense propaganda that claims that they beat us..

They fight so long for rojava, they will not leave. They will fight. You will have to fight.

It appears like SAA launched their offensive to reach Fua-Kafarya. In past, Russia warned us several times for us to fasten observation points, we didn't.

Now SAA is rushing, and we are also trying to rush our convoys which will create observation points. We have maximum one week to put immediate observation point between SAA and Saraqib, or we need to build new refugee camps for new 3m refugees which will flood from Idlib pocket.

Everybody has bloody hands in Syria and since Syria can’t be wiped off the map we will need to set aside the last. Also Erdoğan is also not innocent. He armed Islamist and send them into Syria to kill Syrian policemen/soldiers. Assad had no choice than to massacre Islamists. If he hadn’t then Syria would be like Libya today, a scenario even worse for Turkey.

This would explain massacres of Islamist, but never civilians. Can’t see any big differences between Libya and Syria right now.

PKK hits Inflatable Decoy Tank with Toofan ATGM.
"Tankın üst namlusu içe çöküyor." lmao

Hahaha, the PKK were actually dumb enough to upload this video which is embarrassing to themselves. Also good job to our commanders, this is exactly the kind of thing we should be doing.
Guys aren't we progressing too slow?

Yes I'm ware of more lives lost if we go too fast because it's terrorists.

But I think a better strategy would be to secure a drop zone very close to Afrin using commando's and intelligence, then para-drop thousands of soldiers and equipment there.

Then use these soldiers/equipment and fighter jets to take over Afrin very fast. While we still do what we are doing now.

I mean the resistance would be less if we had already taken over Afrin and were advancing as we are now.

There is a reason why the US drove with tanks to Baghdad fast, you get the center enemy loses the will to fight.

We could easily do this, it's not a banana republic it's TURKEY we are talking about.

We need better military strategists that's for sure, especially in a politically sensitive campaign such as this one. The longer it takes the more difficult it becomes for Turkey, time is against us.

Look at this latest map of territorial gains:

DU0iYwfXcAAZK-q.jpg

Looks like less than 10% in 10 days, and we all know it will take longer to take Afrin.
So we going to spend over 6 months just for this small piece of land with all the political pressure going on?

It's not even funny, how long will it then take to take the rest of North Syria?
50 years?

I know many of you are proud of what we are doing including myself, but time to face reality. We could do much better than this, like I said we are not a banana republic, it's time we act like TURKEY.

Yey 1000th post, give me a cake. :partay:

Yes the Americans captured Baghdad very fast...and then spent the next decade fighting the army they failed to defeat because of their hurry to make a symbolic victory. The goal in the Afrin op isn't to occupy land, it's to get rid of the PKK. Capturing Afrin is only one part of that goal. TSK would want to keep urban fighting to a minimum. Better to draw the rats out of their hole, instead of going into their hole to catch them.

It appears like SAA launched their offensive to reach Fua-Kafarya. In past, Russia warned us several times for us to fasten observation points, we didn't.

Now SAA is rushing, and we are also trying to rush our convoys which will create observation points. We have maximum one week to put immediate observation point between SAA and Saraqib, or we need to build new refugee camps for new 3m refugees which will flood from Idlib pocket.

Nevermind, SAA is just 8km away from Saraqib so they will reach there tomorrow, if not this night. **** this shit, how can our country feed 7million refugees? This is madness. Once again our government proved it's stupidity.

Initially the international reaction was either indecisive or in our favor but humanitarian propaganda is massive and reaction is going negative day by day. I dont think we can keep doing this for half a year. I said this before but I'm saying this more seriously this time, we should avoid Afrin city center, thats when the reactions will reach peak. We need the countryside, mountains and Tell Rifat thats all. Not only that Afrin center will be costly as it will be their last stance but its also the center of their fleeing route, civilians go there, there are many refugees and many of them will die there is no avoiding that. I really hope the people at up are aware of that and dont insist out of emotional reasons.

Initially the international reaction was either indecisive or in our favor but humanitarian propaganda is massive and reaction is going negative day by day. I dont think we can keep doing this for half a year. I said this before but I'm saying this more seriously this time, we should avoid Afrin city center, thats when the reactions will reach peak. We need the countryside, mountains and Tell Rifat thats all. Not only that Afrin center will be costly as it will be their last stance but its also the center of their fleeing route, civilians go there, there are many refugees and many of them will die there is no avoiding that. I really hope the people at up are aware of that and dont insist out of emotional reasons.

No, its not. What anybody in the west thinks is irrelevant. They have nothing to say and wont effect anything.

-

Back
Top Bottom