What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

image.jpg

Guys aren't we progressing too slow?

Yes I'm ware of more lives lost if we go too fast because it's terrorists.

But I think a better strategy would be to secure a drop zone very close to Afrin using commando's and intelligence, then para-drop thousands of soldiers and equipment there.

Then use these soldiers/equipment and fighter jets to take over Afrin very fast. While we still do what we are doing now.

I mean the resistance would be less if we had already taken over Afrin and were advancing as we are now.

There is a reason why the US drove with tanks to Baghdad fast, you get the center enemy loses the will to fight.

We could easily do this, it's not a banana republic it's TURKEY we are talking about.

We need better military strategists that's for sure, especially in a politically sensitive campaign such as this one. The longer it takes the more difficult it becomes for Turkey, time is against us.

Look at this latest map of territorial gains:

DU0iYwfXcAAZK-q.jpg

Looks like less than 10% in 10 days, and we all know it will take longer to take Afrin.
So we going to spend over 6 months just for this small piece of land with all the political pressure going on?

It's not even funny, how long will it then take to take the rest of North Syria?
50 years?

I know many of you are proud of what we are doing including myself, but time to face reality. We could do much better than this, like I said we are not a banana republic, it's time we act like TURKEY.

Yey 1000th post, give me a cake. :partay:

Last edited:
Guys aren't we progressing too slow?

Look at this latest map of territorial gains:

DU0iYwfXcAAZK-q.jpg

Looks like less than 10% in 10 days, and we all know it will take longer to take Afrin.
So we going to spend over 6 months just for this small piece of land with all the political pressure going on?
That is probably because Afrin is a mountainous area and there are civilians PKK/YPG use as human shield. The operation can take 2-3 months at least to finish terrorists completely.

There seems to be continious grad rocket attacks from afrin region by pyd. Several people already martyred and today another one in Reyhanlı.

Can hawk systems be deployed there not to intercept rockets ofcourse since it is intended for aircraft but to alert civilians by sirens so on to find shelter by detecting rockets in radar.

Last edited:
Turkish troops rescue abandoned disabled woman in Syria's Afrin operation
  • 2 hours ago
Soldiers found the exhausted woman during a search and rescue operation after capturing the village of Hammam.
26637_SYR-2018-AFRINDISABLEDWOMAN_1517387604704.jpg

Turkey is now taking care of the woman and providing her with the necessary treatment. (AA)
No one knows where she's from or where her family is. So they call her Afrin, the district in northwestern Syria where she was rescued from.

The disabled woman was found by Turkish troops as they conducted search and rescue missions after capturing Hammam village during Operation Olive Branch to oust YPG/PKK terrorists from territories along its border with Syria.

The woman was initially brought to the first aid tent of Turkey's National Medical Research Team (UMKE) – which was set on the border line – via an armored ambulance of Turkish Ministry of Health. After an initial check-up, she was referred to a state hospital in Hatay.

https://www.trtworld.com/turkey/tur...sabled-woman-in-syria-s-afrin-operation-14746

Zeytin Dalı Harekâtı'nda terör örgütlerine karşı Türk Ordusu tarafından kullanılan yerli silah sistemleri ve mühimmatlarımız:

Translated from Turkish by Microsoft
Our local weapons systems and ammunition used by the Turkish army against terrorist organisations in operation Olive Branch:

DU21SbMWkAEYWrp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom