What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

How “stupid” those Russian pilots passing in front of enemy units in AK-47 ranges many times with wasting their flares.

I said You know nothing so stop making stupid comments with arrogant attitudes which actually serve the purpose of decreasing the reliability, respectability of brave and honourable Turkish Armed Forces personnal on battle-ground.

@cabatli_53 and this actually costed them so many helicopters, both regime and Russia. T-129 is able fly above Manpad range, can use 8km range cirit missiles out of any threat, not using this but putting brave Turkish Army members's lives in danger cannot be justified.

@combat i will check it now.

@cabatli_53 and this actually costed them so many helicopters, both regime and Russia. T-129 is able fly above Manpad range, can use 8km range cirit missiles out of any threat, not using this but putting brave Turkish Army members's lives in danger cannot be justified.

@combat i will check it now.

There is not a thing like fly above manpad range if you are in rough and mountainous region planning to use your cannon against assymetric threats. Cirit mostly used against light armoured threats like APC’s, trucks. You should rely on electronic warfare sensors to survive If you are seriously planning to make an operation in an area hosting Manpads. You can’t fire Cirit missiles for every moving terrorists. Trusting your Armed forces and training of your country’s army personnal is better than talking nonsense.

Last edited:
Cirit missiles aren’t made to destroy infantry. It is very costly.
Even 2000 cirit missile is cheaper than one T-129 o_O Lets risk T-129, you may be lucky once, or second time, or third time. What if your luck fails you? It won't just give you more cost, but also 2 pilots, 2 soldiers that has life, the amount of time to train new pilots and build new T-129, not even meintion the morale that PKK could gain.

Also, Cirit missile is made to destroy infantry since it does have anti-personnel warhead
http://www.roketsan.com.tr/en/urunler-hizmetler/hassas-gudumlu-fuzeler/cirit-275-lazer-gudumlu-fuze/

Even 2000 cirit missile is cheaper than one T-129 o_O Lets risk T-129, you may be lucky once, or second time, or third time. What if your luck fails you? It won't just give you more cost, but also 2 pilots, 2 soldiers that has life, the amount of time to train new pilots and build new T-129, not even meintion the morale that PKK could gain.

Also, Cirit missile is made to destroy infantry since it does have anti-personnel warhead
http://www.roketsan.com.tr/en/urunler-hizmetler/hassas-gudumlu-fuzeler/cirit-275-lazer-gudumlu-fuze/
yav-he-he_574861.gif

Those are rotorcrafts with cannons designed to fly with assymetric payload in close ranges to destroy enemy assets. It is the nature of those crafts in COIN operations. With your logic, It is no need to integrate any cannons but just missiles. With this ways, the moving targets on rough/rocky/rivery/mountainous terrains can walk like they are in a playground. That’s not what we want in operations. It is the reason those crafts are protected against 12,7 and 7,62mm bullets on crew and engine compartments including main rotors...

With your logic, It is no need to integrate any cannons but just missiles.
No, you get me wrong. I am not against using cannons of attack choppers against targets where targeted zone known to be manpads-free. But yes, i would like to see two different usages of T-129 for different threat, gunship and missileship roles for different targets.

Sinan is right, lets agree to disagree on attack chopper usages on different threats and not derail the thread anymore.

VERY GRAPHIC!

Dont want to risk a ban for the pictures so I put a space in the link.

Twitter.com /JOHTURK1/status/957323563186507776
İt proves they havent got a brain:)
Açmayın korkunçlu maximum 3saniye bakabildim.

Back
Top Bottom