What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Once he created an account with Israeli flags and wrote texts in hebrew,but the said texts were containing latin letters. [Google translate fails]:P
@xenon54 Remember ?

Still a funny person.
I like his resilience, and yeah i remember his Israeili persona as well which i enjoyed also :D

Maybe a stupid question but what is a hürsit?

'Hurshid Celebi' was a Turkish member on this forum that gone banned and seemed to be hated by pretty much of your fellow countrymen,you should ask them to know more. (I myself don't know why.)
After ban,he came back with so many other accounts and identities that at the end got debunked,but this person isn't ready to give up. He makes me laugh to be honest.

Hope you now understand why I asked yesterday whether 20 of the 40 Leo 2 A4 Battalion was destroyed.

No, i don't understand. Actually, they have no connection, completely different subjects. I talked about the problem with no constant aircover, you asked that Russian member to "confirm that Turks lost 20 leopard 2A4", while he cannot know, and lost armor list already shared.

No, i don't understand. Actually, they have no connection, completely different subjects. I talked about the problem with no constant aircover, you asked that Russian member to "confirm that Turks lost 20 leopard 2A4", while he cannot know, and lost armor list already shared.

Maybe , yesterday a senior moderator Oscar advised me to refer to the Russian member and ask him questions about casualties. That was trustworthy for me

Why don't we just make some fake tanks and send them out there until ISIS runs out of ATGMs. We can easily find some artists and craftsmen to get this done. This would work as a short term solution and would reduce our casualties.

War is about out smarting the other guy.

Why don't we just make some fake tanks and send them out there until ISIS runs out of ATGMs. We can easily find some artists and craftsmen to get this done. This would work as a short term solution and would reduce our casualties.

War is about out smarting the other guy.

Train mercenaries on your 2000 M-48 in storage and deliver them.

This is what I don't understand. Just make an agreement with Daesh. Give us Albab and that's it. You don't bother us, we won't interfere in your business. And than focus on Münbiç and border region.

People often forget that we're fighting against...

- Assad who gets support from Iran & Russia
- PKK which is supported by the United States
- Isis

We're alone. We don't have many partners, allies or 'friends' on the ground. Any European army would have lost three times more soldiers and hardware.

Balkan 'Türkü' işte.
With all due respect, what makes you think that capturing Manbij will be easier than capturing al-Bab? Manbij is not only bigger and more populated, but is also more fortified than al-Bab. Furthermore, the Syrian Kurds have recently received MANPADS and ATGMs from the Americans.

As for ISIS, only a naive person would think that they can be trusted. ISIS will always find a way to stab you in the back.

You're willing to negotiate with ISIS but not negotiate with the Kurds? That's bizarre to say the least.

Take a good look at southern Yemen. The Gulf states -- i.e. Saudi Arabia and the UAE -- tried to bribe AQAP and ISIS over there in order to convince them to stop launching attacks against their ground forces in Aden. The AQAP and ISIS militants accepted the money but continued to attack Emirati and Saudi soldiers. Just last week, more than 40 pro-Hadi soldiers were killed by an ISIS suicide bomber in Aden. The UAE has already pulled its troops out of Aden as a result of these suicide attacks.

The point is, you can't deal or even reason with Salafi-jihadists. These people are insane. And a lot of them know how to blend in with the local population. That's how ISIS managed to kill dozens of civilians and FSA rebels in Azaz over a month ago.

Turkey's best option right now is to get out of Syria as soon as possible. Leave that wretched place. Syria is a magnet for instability and terrorism.

By the way, ISIS doesn't care about al-Bab, nor does it care about Raqqa or Mosul either. ISIS doesn't mind losing all the territory it has managed to capture since 2014. The ISIS leaders and followers believe that they can always go into hiding and reemerge at a later date. Their goal isn't to hold on to territory right now because even their leaders know that they don't have enough supporters to do this. Instead, their goal right now is to impress the Sunni Arab masses across the region by posting gruesome videos of their attacks on Turkish soldiers, Shia militants, and Syrian soldiers. Their primary focus right now is to attack the Turkish military and inflict heavy losses on the Turks in order to impress the Sunni Arab masses and show them how they're supposedly capable of hitting one of the most powerful militaries in the world.

It's nothing more than Salafi-jihadist propaganda, and the ISIS leaders believe that this will make more Sunni Arabs embrace their ideology over time. This is also why the Turks shouldn't trust the FSA fighters, since a lot of them are radical Islamists and share the same views as the ISIS leaders.

As Atatürk said; İstikbal Göklerdedir / The future is at skies.

We are trying to remove one land threat with our land force, without constant air cover, means we will keep facing unnecessery casualties.
They will always take out our tanks because the terrain is flat and they can fire atleast 5000 meters away, you can't even see an AT crew from 5000 meters. Supporting infantry can't reach out to 5000 meters anyway and neither can an IFV.

We face an issue with being able to assault the city as we can not knock out their exterior defenses because we can't bring in heavy direct fire weapons (tanks) because they keep getting blown up. They are too big and easy to hit. If you ever stand next to an M-60 you will know what I am talking about. Technically in this war the thick armor of our tanks is not needed (its worthless anyways) all that is need is the main gun. Even the main gun is too big for what we need, all you need is a gun around 70mm of caliber, after all the main reason for tanks having big guns is to take out other tanks, here all we have to do is take out pickup trucks and rooms in an apartment building thus a big gun 105mm + is not needed. So we need a vehicle that is small, provides some armor protection and is capable of providing fire support.

As Atatürk said; İstikbal Göklerdedir / The future is at skies.

We are trying to remove one land threat with our land force, without constant air cover, means we will keep facing unnecessery casualties.
Aerial warfare is useless without effective ground commitments. Just look at how badly the Saudis are faring against the Houthis. Plus, aerial warfare leads to a lot of collateral damage, which will make guerrilla groups gain more sympathy and support among the locals.

Back
Top Bottom