What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

what we lack is not about a man power or hardware. but a good leardership, and inteligence on the ground...

Ok now calm down, sure the operation could go better but do you guys think this is a walk in the park or something?
You could see isis fortification in Al-Bab from space before TSK even came close to it, it will take time to clean the city and it wont always go as desired but thats how it is, theres simply not enough manpower to overtake a city in a couple days.
Exactly, then there are factors such as mines, IEDs, VBIEDS, civilians, fsa dependency, stubborn isis defense and limited support from air to take into consideration. Basically Sur x 2, if not worse. Al-bab definitely will be a slow grind.

Could the recent and older 'purges' have weakened Turkish army's officer corp and leadership ? @Sinan @xenon54 @T-123456 @Kebapçı Erhan and others.
not just recently it goes back as far as 2009, that was when the purges begun. they were targerting the secular educated kemalists. generals who were the brains of the army, and replaced them with a punch of islamists, and this was done by the current goverment, and gulenists, hand in hand...

Last edited:
Omg i thought there were alot of people with knowledge in here, but i see mostly kids that thinks its like playing counterstrike to make war. :hitwall:

upload_2016-12-23_23-44-22.png

Could the recent and older 'purges' have weakened Turkish army's officer corp and leadership ? @Sinan @xenon54 @T-123456 @Kebapçı Erhan and others.
Recent purges not so but surely the silent coup within military around 2008 when gülen people jailed kemalist generals.
Many older generals consider this to be the breaking point within the military.
Thats also what the jailed ex Chief of General Staff Ilker Basbug said in a interview.

The gülenist generals are/were nothing but a bunch of corrupt people who got into positions they didnt deserve, the worst part is they didnt serve the countries interests but awaited orders from their molla.

Last edited:
Omg i thought there were alot of people with knowledge in here, but i see mostly kids that thinks its like playing counterstrike to make war. :hitwall:

welcome to the internet. many people have little Erwin Rommel inside him ready to be unleashed.

I gues you need conformation of what you think you know.
Well you are right,Gulen(the boss) and Erdogan(right hand man) together made sure that the real leadership of the Armed Forces went to jail or got suspended.
They replaced them with their own people who got in the Armed Forces by alignmnent(to Gulen) only from the 90s,they took some goons(young Gulen supporters),made sure they got in to the military Academies( only name requiered on the forms,the rest was filled in),they climed the ranks like rats and became the leaders of the once feared by the enemies and respected by the allies,Turkish Armed Forces.
When Gulen became the enemy of Erdogan,Erdogan supposely cleaned the Gulenists out but infact he cleaned out the Kemalist(real leaership) generals.
This not only happened to the Armed Forces but to the judicery/economy/media/education etc,the whole Turkish society.
What can you expect from such an army,look at the losses an how it happened,a fvcking banana republic army.
These poor soldiers are used as cannon fodder,unreal bs.

Last edited:
I gues you need conformation of what you think you know.
Well you are right,Gulen(the boss) and Erdogan(right hand man) together made sure that the real leadership of the Armed Forces went to jail or got suspended.
They replaced them with their own people who got in the Armed Forces by alignmnent(to Gulen) only from the 90s,they took some goons(young Gulen supporters),made sure they got in to the military Academies( only name requiered on the forms,the rest was filled in),they climed the ranks like rats and became the leaers of the once feared by the enemies and respected by the allies,Turkish Armed Forces.
When Gulen became the enemy of Erdogan,Erdogan supposely cleaned the Gulenists out but infact he cleaned out the Kemalist(real leaership) generals.
This not only happened to the Armed Forces but to the judicery/economy/media/education etc,the whole Turkish society.
What can you expect from such an army,look at the losses an how it happened,a fvcking banana republic army.
These poor soldiers are used as cannon fodder,unreal bs.

It's a sad day when Turkey is run by goons, and so many people don't know it.

Is Turkey going all in on Al-Bab or cutting their loses and calling it a day?

Is Turkey going all in on Al-Bab or cutting their loses and calling it a day?
- FSA also foiled an infiltrate assault in Cubb al Barazi and Zarzur villages

The current strategy is the right path to gain more territory. We just have to work harder for a better and more careful implementation. I'd like to remind you and other people here that our total losses are 39 soldiers since the operation started. This is sad but still a very good performance if you compare our situation with Iran's/Russia's/Assad's current status of losses. May sound cold and calculating but people are reacting too emotional. This is war, not a computer game.

Back
Top Bottom