What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Ok now calm down, sure the operation could go better but do you guys think this is a walk in the park or something?
You could see isis fortification in Al-Bab from space before TSK even came close to it, it will take time to clean the city and it wont always go as desired but thats how it is, theres simply not enough manpower to overtake a city in a couple days.

They announced that they took Al Bab a couple days ago, and began some bullsh@t on their success. Turkey is not an Arab country to boost morale with such cheap imaginary successes. Manpower is a factor yes, but this is a fiasco that tarnishes the capabilities of the TSK / TAF. They should have had enough manpower hunkered into the hospital to protect and hold that area, they should have had fresh soldiers come in as reinforcements once they captured it, and leaving some equipment behind due to such simple things as loss of tracks, or out of ammo means that the rumors are true that they weren't re-supplied, which in my view is criminal, bombing terrorist-improvised vehicles shouldn't be that difficult a task considering that Al-Bab is merely a couple of minutes via air.
One has to consider that these operations aren't only watched by Turks in Turkey but by all, politically screwing generals, commanders, and dismantling the army throwing shit at it is one thing, another thing is not providing enough manpower to a fight important as this on foreign soil that will show that your army isn't made up of figures on paper...

p.s. A MANPAD/TOW(BGM-71) costs 5 - 50K $ and one of those Leopard 2A4's cost ~1.5 million $ even thought they are 'old'. Unreliable support will kill soldiers quicker than their enemy.

They all had run out of ammo .

So ? the tank is german made, remember? we all know that germany has good relationships with those terrorist groups. give them some ammo!

In 21th century tanks are rarely needed unless enemy has their own heavy armor, they are more about boasting about power. Number of tanks should have been minimal in Syria and should have been mostly stationed in defensive positions away from frontlines. Lighter and mobile vehicles and definietly something in arma/pars line is needed.

bro, What's your plan to defend the area without tanks 24/7?

So much bullshit here are some factors that makes AL bab a shitplace..

We have low personal on the ground, there must be more special forces and common soilders , we need better vehicles eg laser warning smoke grants etc,
We have no air support and I think this is a political decision some agreement with Russia, syria, Iran that we are not allowed to use air force just in some cases..
If we had air force and armed uav it would look different.. Also AL bab is heavily armed and secured much more than our east

But mostly you can say we are there with 15- 20 % of our force and equipment that we need some equipment is 0% present..

the condition in which our soilders entered syria are very shitty and this stinks like some political agreement, that's what I think but we have the reason to unleash all of our power but even if we do that we will have losses let it be choppers or Tanks..

But last argument is Allah is the one who gives victory

But guys remember first we opened the door for our ground forces with special ops and air force this was very quick and professional but after that we have to fight half guerilla style or let it call third world style with mainly just ground troops and much of them are not our soilders.. What did you guys think to happen.. That FSA and some ground troops is enough?
Look at Russia they are massively using their air force and drop bombs like it is raining bombs this is the main factor why we have many casualties..

No you know it and I know it probably the government knows it.. But for know they should make it right and send the proper weapons and troops.. Or may Erdogan face the loss of his own family to know the price ppl are paying nowadays..

Also I would recommend to give high priority to Akkor maybe government should spend some extra money to finish this project..

Does the Leo don't have some soft protection?

The soldiers just have to smarter about where they park their vehicles. They have to think like the enemy. If it is somewhere vulnerable then don't park it.

We lost another ACV to an ATGM. It was parked....

In the open....

---

The genius that decided not to get the Leo 2NG upgrade, where is he?

Also Akkor was already successfully tested in 2010 against M-72 LAW

In case of allegedly burned soldier i have these informations:
He was a drug addict according to the family. He was in the army but escaped years ago in order to join isis.
01%C4%B1%C5%9Fid.jpg

After a while he sends messages to his father that he regrets his decision to join isis and ask help from his father. Long story short isis didnt like the idea and he got burned to death which is inhumane way of execution. You can find around 2 pages of information about this guy on the internet. Is he human? Yes! Is he a person that we should be sad about his death and get depressed? NO!

About the other guy in the cage which they got burned: i am sorry to say no information. I wanna say some of you guys like fishes that gets the bate easly. In life what gets me the most angered is getting fooled. I believe you are like me too.

Could the recent and older 'purges' have weakened Turkish army's officer corp and leadership ? @Sinan @xenon54 @T-123456 @Kebapçı Erhan and others.
I think mainly the purges of 2008, the officers that replaced them were no good.

Our officers should think more about national defense instead of politics. In how many serious effective militaries do they care about your political ideology and make a big deal out of it.

Look at Russia they are massively using their air force and drop bombs like it is raining bombs this is the main factor why we have many casualties..

That is only a part of it. Russia's success and very low casualties is the fact that Russia uses a lot of surveillance drones and gathers a lot of intelligence from ELINT and captured/dead militants. Moreover special forces are used properly unlike Turkey which uses soldiers that are supposedly "special forces" but poorly equippes them and orders them to follow around tanks.

Without being arrogant our guys have ATGMs, night vision, laser rang finders, body armor, and some of the finest weapons with several thousand dollars in upgrades and they are either quietly inserted by helicopter or parachute at night.

IMG_2783.PNG

IMG_2784.PNG

IMG_2765.JPG

If you compare Turkish soldiers, you have this:

And I notice a waki taki, which is unbelievable because the enemy can tune in to the same channel and listen. Russian soldiers use encrypted head set radios.

IMG_2855.JPG

Russia has also used unmanned tanks or robots in Syria.

IMG_2791.PNG

Turkey uses some very good tanks but in my opinion not wisely. It would be better to operate those tanks at night and set up well defended areas by day.

The soldiers just have to smarter about where they park their vehicles. They have to think like the enemy. If it is somewhere vulnerable then don't park it.

We lost another ACV to an ATGM. It was parked....

In the open....

---

The genius that decided not to get the Leo 2NG upgrade, where is he?

Also Akkor was already successfully tested in 2010 against M-72 LAW

Two armored Turkish vehicles were hit in the same exact area just 1 day apart.

In case of allegedly burned soldier i have these informations:
He was a drug addict according to the family. He was in the army but escaped years ago in order to join isis.
01%C4%B1%C5%9Fid.jpg

After a while he sends messages to his father that he regrets his decision to join isis and ask help from his father. Long story short isis didnt like the idea and he got burned to death which is inhumane way of execution. You can find around 2 pages of information about this guy on the internet. Is he human? Yes! Is he a person that we should be sad about his death and get depressed? NO!

About the other guy in the cage which they got burned: i am sorry to say no information. I wanna say some of you guys like fishes that gets the bate easly. In life what gets me the most angered is getting fooled. I believe you are like me too.

First at all,who cares who it was, that was a terrible way to die no matter how you look at it.

Some compiled information:

You are right on Fethi Sahin. While he starts to feel the fire, he screames "brother, brother" because he probably knows the guys and he thought it was gonna be a parody.
Sefter Taş (22, born in igdir)", a turkish soldier "captured" by isis on september 2015 while he was in border city "kilis", in the "sehit mehmet outpost" as a soldier. Could be a deserted soldier. In the video he is laughing into the camera and seem under psychotrop drugs.
ISIS did burn 4 kurdish truck drivers tho, because they were driving for ypg.
Either isis or its masters are not happy that the terrorist organization is coming to an end rapidly, as turkish and russian forces cooperate and give them no rest.

Source: I stole this informations from trmilitarycom. User named "Blackeyes90" has shared in thread titled "Operation Euphrates Shield". Not the most uptaded info but good enough.
2i8eohd.jpg

2lbjcd3.jpg

2nklabt.jpg

There are certainly more casualties then 35. They oftenly lie about casualties on PKK front, why wouldnt they do the same in this?

Is it true that Obama will give YPG manpads ?!!
I think he will try to make everything difficult to Trump
Jasta against KSA..UN voting against israel...Turkey coup attemp and now manpads !!
Nuclear deal with iran and give syria to russia and iran...He is the president of USA or iran ?

T

View attachment 362949

Two armored Turkish vehicles were hit in the same exact area just 1 day apart.

The guys in your posts are army commando's, not special forces.
And our guys, whether it is sf or army have always had a bit crappy equipment. Turkish SF looked like your average private compared to Western SF. Only in recent years did their looks become a bit better in terms of pr.

And I notice a waki taki, which is unbelievable because the enemy can tune in to the same channel and listen. Russian soldiers use encrypted head set radios.

Were you dropped on your head as a child? Whether the radio is hand-held or a headset has nothing to do with whether it's encrypted or not.

Back
Top Bottom