What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Do you think the YPG can protect those territories even if by some miracle they joined up? I don't, everyone for some odd reason talks about them being a threat to Turkey, but I think it wouldn't take a month to bulldoze them from existence, after all almost all of the depth of their territory is within the range of Turkish artillery... and I can think of over 1000 people who would love to go hunting down there for the fun of it.
I agree, but it's not about defeating the ypg in raw military firepower, for without US and co support they are at the mercy of everybody surrounding them. Problem is, we know the ypg is deliberately protected through diplomacy and militarily by being embedded with US and co personnel, thus Turkey cannot always simply wipe them out as there are risks of attacking 'allies' too. For this reason i'd not prefer to risk and wait for ypg to link up west and east, only for the US and co to place some personnel or US flags in al-Bab. Absolutely every single thing can be expected from the US and co, so imo its better that ypg never links up.

I fail to understand the stupid strategy of Assad's forces, they have allied themselves with YPG, a force which wants to break Syria and carve out independent Kurdish territory, its a dumb move on Assad's part.

in the beginning years of the war I read an article where they said assad tries to set the whole region on fire.. he had a strategy of ethnic/secterian war..

With this part i disagree. If anything, Turkish govt should have taken north Syria years ago before ypg was propped up this big by the US and co

turkey should have made a no fly zone and protect herself befor ethe russians even occured..
also the government is weak in support of fsa.. like everywhere weak in propaganda but good in using it for our own ppl but they should do more work on foreigners (how they see us) and the syrians(how to get more fighters for FSA)..

Do you think the YPG can protect those territories even if by some miracle they joined up? I don't, everyone for some odd reason talks about them being a threat to Turkey, but I think it wouldn't take a month to bulldoze them from existence, after all almost all of the depth of their territory is within the range of Turkish artillery... and I can think of over 1000 people who would love to go hunting down there for the fun of it.
The US shifted away from Turkiye,they will build up these YPG areas with all the military and equipment necessary,they might even have a base there so,it wont be easy for us to hurt them.
Dont be surprised if they leave the Incirlik base and make a new one in the Kobani ''canton''.

Turkish govt should have taken north Syria years ago before ypg was propped up this big by the US and co, everybody is using the pretext of isis to further their own agenda, so should we have done to justify cleaning north Syria and propping up the fsa there
Remember the many times we talked about this,the fvcked up big time.

I agree, but it's not about defeating the ypg in raw military firepower, for without US and co support they are at the mercy of everybody surrounding them. Problem is, we know the ypg is deliberately protected through diplomacy and militarily by being embedded with US and co personnel, thus Turkey cannot always simply wipe them out as there are risks of attacking 'allies' too. For this reason i'd not prefer to risk and wait for ypg to link up west and east, only for the US and co to place some personnel or US flags in al-Bab. Absolutely every single thing can be expected from the US and co, so imo its better that ypg never links up.

Turkey isn't a US state, and it isn't a EU country either, and a single US / EU soldiers life is worth the same as a single Turkish citizens life that got killed in some act of terror by those that they support. So, I really couldn't care if they are flying the Vatican flag at PKK / PYD / YPG - YPJ bases, one intelligence report on that terrorists are located there = bomb the sh@t out of it... or do you think they wouldn't do the same in a hypothetical situation if it was Turkey supporting terrorists / drug cartels 1-10 km away from the US border in Mexico??

These are ENEMY countries, that need to be taught a lesson that sleeping with with terrorists = death to all military personnel involved in and near Turkey. They can explain to their own citizens why their 'ally' decided to bomb them to smithereens out of the blue, or they can go on a war tantrum... but considering that not using nukes, attacking Turkey it would take Russia (my country) 1.5 years at very heavy cost to obliterate the Turkish air-force, and the land forces will probably still be stuck somewhere in Georgia or in North East region of Turkey, with every damn km costing a lot in lives and equipment... and Navy-wise well, Russia doesn't have one that could counter the Turkish one at this region, and supporting existing ships against Turkish skirmishes, just outside of missile ranges... would be annoyingly difficult. all this and Russia is a stones throw away from Turkey... the US attacker would be much worse off, as such an event will definitely include Russian support to Turkey, and the people they usually attack are much less armed.... there is a saying, you can't run a water mill carrying buckets of water to it... sort of describes this...

Turkey really needs to be accidentally shelling all 'allied' bases that have any YPG elements, flags or patches.. it can officially, politically say 'oops' later....

The US shifted away from Turkiye,they will build up these YPG areas with all the military and equipment necessary,they might even have a base there so,it wont be easy for us to hurt them.
Dont be surprised if they leave the Incirlik base and make a new one in the Kobani ''canton''.
Remember the many times we talked about this,the fvcked up big time.

The whole thing is existential, running away from fighting the US is dumb at best, Today its N.Iraq, N. Syria, tommorow it will be East Turkey, South Turkey, North Iran, Lebanon..... well trained soldiers don't grow on trees, and Turkey has a lot of them, why not use them? After all Turkey is a country of 80 million, with 40 million possible soldiers in an all out war, Iran is of similar proportions with less firepower... do you think any size US or EU attacker will have any chance in hell??

(if you do, then stop watching Rambo films. :) )

Turkey isn't a US state
Think about that,again and again.
and a single US / EU soldiers life is worth the same as a single Turkish citizens life that got killed in some act of terror by those that they support
Not even for the current Turkish government a Turkish life is worth something,we have never lost so many lives to terror before.
Russian support to Turkey
How can you be sure of that,where is the guarantee?
Turkey really needs to be accidentally shelling all 'allied' bases that have any YPG elements, flags or patches.. it can officially, politically say 'oops' later....
Never going to happen,not if you are a US puppet.
The whole thing is existential, running away from fighting the US is dumb at best, Today its N.Iraq, N. Syria, tommorow it will be East Turkey, South Turkey, North Iran, Lebanon..... well trained soldiers don't grow on trees, and Turkey has a lot of them, why not use them? After all Turkey is a country of 80 million, with 40 million possible soldiers in an all out war, Iran is of similar proportions with less firepower... do you think any size US or EU attacker will have any chance in hell??

(if you do, then stop watching Rambo films. :) )
And who is going to dare to fight the US,Erdogan?
Having a chance doesnt matter,you need balls to dare such an endeavour,even 100 million wont do it when the leadership lacks the will or the courage so,its all a pipe dream.
I dont watch Rambo films(wrong person).

Think about that,again and again.

It would help if you had US passports...

Not even for the current Turkish government a Turkish life is worth something,we have never lost so many lives to terror before.

I agree, being a Turk in Turkey is like being 4th grade citizen. Imagine how pissed you get when some idiot begins to talk about how Turks are robbing this, killing Kurds, etc... I for one usually reply, haven't killed my dosage of Kurds today... hands are still shaking...

How can you be sure of that,where is the guarantee?

Granted, Russia has never been Pro-Turkey... but
russia_wants_war_look_how_closely_they_put_country_to_our_military_bases.jpg

having the US running rampant in the Black Sea, and controlling access to or blockading the Mediterranean to Russian ships sort of sums up the definition of the "last straw"... so yep it is guaranteed that it will support Turkey, be that placing S400's, S500's or sending military ships.

Never going to happen,not if you are a US puppet.
That is the beauty of it, RTE is a puppet that has gone out of control for them... which makes this the perfect time.. besides... artillery is a tricky thing... oops..

And who is going to dare to fight the US,Erdogan?

No he will probably try talk them to death..... some days it seems that he'll pop up when I pull up the toilet seat..

Having a chance doesnt matter,you need balls to dare such an endeavour,even 100 million wont do it when the leadership lacks the will or the courage so,its all a pipe dream.
I dont watch Rambo films(wrong person).

Well, there isn't really a choice is there? Turkey is definitely on the list of countries that needs to be broken up according to them...Bush, Bush, Clinton...... have all said it.. or would you prefer to wait until they've invaded the country before taking any action?

Its really not about 'balls'..

Well, there isn't really a choice is there? Turkey is definitely on the list of countries that needs to be broken up according to them...Bush, Bush, Clinton...... have all said it.. or would you prefer to wait until they've invaded the country before taking any action?

Its really not about 'balls'..
It is,we didnt have the balls to get into Syria a couple of years ago,if we had,there wouldnt have been ISIS or YPG to fight,no Russia either.

It is,we didnt have the balls to get into Syria a couple of years ago,if we had,there wouldnt have been ISIS or YPG to fight,no Russia either.

Couple years back, if Erdogan had entered Syria, the people of Turkey would certainly have had his head on a plate, as no one but his 'masters' wanted it, it was a US strategy to not to place its own troops on the ground...but of course it was obvious that it wasn't going to let Turkey take any benefit from this 'war' either, hence the speedy fall of the puppet and the rise of US supporting fully PKK et variants.

Hafez Assad had a good relationship with PKK/KCK Leader Apo. He fled to Syria in 1979 and Syrian government didn't give him back. He opened a lot of PKK camps in Syria with the support of the Syrian government. Bekaa Valley was one of those places where these camps were located. Syria was stronger than the PKK, when Hafez Assad was president. Today, Bashar al-Assad continues his father's legacy but things are different today. YPG/PKK is now stronger than Syria. That is why he isn't fighting the YPG/PKK. He is moving together with YPG/PKK because He has no power to fight them.

With this part i disagree. If anything, Turkish govt should have taken north Syria years ago before ypg was propped up this big by the US and co, everybody is using the pretext of isis to further their own agenda, so should we have done to justify cleaning north Syria and propping up the fsa there. Instead this operation has come at a point where Assad has been propped up/secured by Russia and ypg almost succeeded in linking up west with east. Turkish govt should have been more sly, faster to realize the West's game and more ruthless with heavily arming and training the fsa, at least definitely the Turkmen. I think the Turkish govt really waited for support from the western 'allies' for a no-flyzone or at least to take a combined action, a fatal mistake imo, but finally took the matter in its own hands to make a last minute effort with this operation. Fsa is a good experience for the Turkey, but it seems when it comes to using proxies and being sly and opportunistic in foreign affairs we still have lots to learn.
I can not say this with 100% accuracy but there were several articles from 1 or 2 years ago written by Hürriyet and NYT about some people in the "Turkish Military" not agreeing with going into Syria. As we know at this time the western world including media was bombarding Turkey about going after the "Kurds" and wanting Turkey to not take any actions against them in Syria. Similarly they didn't want a safe zone established by Turkey. This tells me that via Gulen forces in the military Turkey was being forcibly restricted from establishing a safe zone. Erdogan and other people including retired officers wanted military action to neutralize the threats on our southern border particularly the PYD. Many people here on PDF supported that aswell, we all thought that the government was being too weak. As soon as the Gulenists were kicked out of the military this operation began. Given these facts I believe that we were restricted from Syria via the use of Gulen officers.

If the military was not cleaned I guarantee you that we would have been sidelined while PKK covers our whole Syria border.

TSK lost contact to two soliders in Al-Bab and now ISIS is claiming that they have captured two Turkish soldiers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom