What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

There cannot be any dispute about showing support YPG just because they are mostly atheist/secular, and cant be any reason to justify it. Away with you mesapotamian caveman.
i am as nationalist as it comes so backing with pkk ypg terorirst is out of the question, but i do"nt like the current policy of the gorverment i think we should be friends with the syrian president who is secular and he himself don"t like the kurds

This is Operation Euphrates Shield topic. This is not "Turkish Interrior Policy Discussion" topic. Kurds are mostly hard-core religious in Turkey, Iraq and Syria.

Only kurds who are not religious are PKK and YPG in Syria which are supporting Pan-Kurdist Racism.

If you say "I love kurds over arabs because they are less religious", people will understand; "I love YPG instead of FSA because they are less Religious" since it is a topic about SYRIA, not Turkey.

ok so back to topic. what if the rebels decide after albab they want to march to aleppo to break the siege istead of manbij. i think that will be the collapse of the operation,

ok so back to topic. what if the rebels decide after albab they want to march to aleppo to break the siege istead of manbij. i think that will be the collapse of the operation,
If that was going to happen it would have happened already.
In the current phase of Syrian war. The only groups that will survive are the ones who are openly being supported by air power. What it means is that.

YPG is surviving and expanding because of US air and ground support.

SAA is because of Russian support.

FSA in Northern Aleppo is because of Turkish support.

Therefore Nusra in Aleppo city or Daesh in the rest of the country will be the losers with the current consolidation.

US twice said that YPG left Menbij but they actually never did and now they're moving towards El-Bab.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/pentagon-el-babi-desteklemedik-40279985

Pentagon : We never supported Turkey's El-Bab OP.

Who needs enemies when u have great allies like the USA :)

if that's not enough they're also supporting Turkey's biggest enemy thus creating more problems for Turkey.

I still think pkk will try to connect west and east by connecting land south of al-Bab, thus becoming buffer between assad and fsa.

Taking over Manjb will end all of this , after Al-BAB the conflict will be solely against PYD .

Raqqa is non of our business. Let YPG and ISIS bleed each other.

I don't think that we will ever move against Raqqa.....Instead of Raqqa, go to Kandil, it posses more danger to us than Raqqa.

Also about Membic, this is not my assumption but the words of Erdoğan;

Cumhurbaşkanlığı Sarayı'nda muhtarlara konuşan Erdoğan "Birileri ÖSO ve Türkiye'yi El Bab'tan uzak tutmaya çalışıyor. Biz DEAŞ, PYD - YPG terör örgütleriyle mücadelemizi sürdüreceğiz. En kısa sürede Münbiç'i PYD terör örgütünden temizlemekte kararlıyız. Ya gidecekler ya da gitmedikleri takdirde gereğini biz yapacağız" diye konuştu.

Cerablus'tan sonra Dabık'ın aşıldığını ve şimdi El Bab'a doğru ilerlendiğini söyleyen Erdoğan "Şimdi El Bab'tan Münbiç'e doğru gidilecek. Şimdi Halep'le ilgili bir sorunumuz yok ama Halep'le ilgili itirazlarımız var. Sayın Putin ile görüştüm. Artık Halep halkını huzura kavuşturalım dedim. Halep Haleplilerindir" ifadelerini kullandı.

http://www.bbc.com/turkce/haberler-turkiye-37773388

From day one, targets of the operation was clear. Jarablus > El-Rai > Dabıq > Al-Bab > Membic

When we talk About Riqqah , we mean Tal-Abyad district which borders Turkey Directly and connects Koban canton with PYD cantons in Hassakah .
Turkey should take over Tal-Abyad to Isolate the 3 kurdish Cantons from Each other.

Just send in Turkish troops already. 500 to Qabasin area. 500 to West of Al-Bab. 250 to support siege of Al-Bab, several dozens of armoured vehicles and artilleries, done. We have the justification, they are trying to pinch down fsa.

Ypg doesnt intends to take and hold Al-Bab. That wouldnt be possible. They intend to let SAA take over it which which will make Al-Bab invulnerable againts us.

Last edited:
Just send in Turkish troops already. 500 to Qabasin area. 500 to West of Al-Bab. 250 to support siege of Al-Bab, several dozens of armoured vehicles and artilleries, done. We have the justification, they are trying to pinch down fsa.

Ypg doesnt intends to take and hold Al-Bab. That wouldnt be possible. They intend to let SAA take over it which which will make Al-Bab invulnerable againts us.

YPG going for Al-Bab now doesn't make much sense to me. They committed most of their forces to the Raqqa offensive. That's probably why Turkey waited until now to take Al Bab. I don't know what YPG hopes to accomplish, except maybe to give SAA some time to get ready for their own Al-Bab offensive, but I don't think even the SAA would be reckless enough to risk direct confrontation with the TSK which is embedded with the FSA units already assaulting Al-Bab.

YPG going for Al-Bab now doesn't make much sense to me. They committed most of their forces to the Raqqa offensive. That's probably why Turkey waited until now to take Al Bab. I don't know what YPG hopes to accomplish, except maybe to give SAA some time to get ready for their own Al-Bab offensive, but I don't think even the SAA would be reckless enough to risk direct confrontation with the TSK which is embedded with the FSA units already assaulting Al-Bab.

You're thinking short-term, they're thinking long term. The more land (mass) they hold, the better their cards are on the table no matter whom they negotiate with.

Whether it's an international peace court type of thing or directly with SAA/Russia/Iran vs US etc, the more they hold the better.

Back
Top Bottom