What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Thank you for your thoughtful response. Now let me refute some points

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1. YPGs opinion about burying TAF is irrelevant. Typical Middle Eastern braggadocio.

Nope, it was certainly important to refute the claims of the PKK as the most battle proven,hardened, ideologically motivated and battle ready group which u enforced onto them trough ur PsyOP campaigns.

2 You need to look at it differently. Russia has extremely limited resources on the ground. They have some 30+ jets some of which are obsolete while you have 240 F16s
They have few hundred SF while you have across all branches 10000
So it’s not Russia but you should deny airspace to Russia and Syria.

The Russians are eager to strike Turkey and with no air defenses in Turkey its unrealistic to enforce a no fly zone against Russians furthermore the time around 2016 was also the time when you and other countries moved the patriot batteries away. Once the turkish army has the equipment to deal with Russias ballistic arsenal then we can talk about enforcing a no fly zone against Russians and that is a couple of years away.

Moreover if I were a US pilot I would NOT rely on coordinates provided by Turkish operators. I need my guys on the ground. If shit hits the fan and civilians are casualties guess who is going to point fingers to the sky and not across?

As if u care about civilian casualities.

3.we reduced Raqqa to rubble because we have unlimited JDAMs and guided artillery munitions. You don’t. Even Russia doesn’t have enough Krasnopol rounds(I believe they fired them against your armor 2 weeks ago)
Besides your artillery leveled Al-Bab as well. Just YouTube it

You didnt use guided artillery nor did u use JDAMs and the videos are online. What you did there was completly flatten the cities and al-bab was lvld trough urban fighting and SVBIED´s

4. I said that before and I’ll say it again-you lost great chance in 2014. Had you listened to Obama admin you would rule Syria from Latakia to Abu Kemal

The biggest mistake was to enter the syrian civil war in the first place and the later mistake was to not build the safe zones in the first years of the wars. Some efforts to enter the war also failed with gülenists leaking the plans to journalists like the MiT plan to fire from the syrian ground and create a casus belli but im pretty sure that these got leaked because the US by that time reserved these lands for the kurds :D

5. Whether it was in 2016 or prior, RTE trashed and destroyed Turkish military. I have no doubts in my mind that Turkish officers were the best officers in entire Muslim world. Educated, patriotic secular.
I would not ask for war with the ones that are running Chief of Staff or on Corps level these days.

Yep

I am sorry but as soon as I read “all isis operation were stopped by Americans to allow ISIS move resources” I stopped reading and lost interest.
FYI, ISIS backbone was broken in Kobane. Why? Because thats where isis lost their fighters from Caucasus. Then isis were depleted of manpower resources with the fall of Mosul. Battle of Al-Bab and ES as a whole didn’t inflict severe casualties on them nor put a dent on them operationally.

its a very well known fact that the US let dozens of convoys pass to make Turkey even further bleed in al-bab and its surroundings with also being eager to defend the city because they were ideologically attached to it.

And you guys here are even believing yourself that Erdogan cares for these Syrian refugees, that he's crying at his home. Yet he prolonged the war, low-intensity conflict for nearly a decade with his semi-covert low-support to opposition strategies.

You're not the savior of Syrians, you're just another player in the proxy war. This is the part you seem to not get or you want to believe that you're good. It's no longer Sunni vs Alawite, that was the story upheld back in the early 2010's. No one gives a sh about the sects these days which is why you never hear the opposition rant about the Alawites anymore.

We have mod cabatli here banning people praising himself as the savior of Syrians living in his own bubble, no monkey is going to fall for that except some Syrians whom happen to have no choice. Same story in Libya, Tayyip is going to **** himself, he already has.

I smell salt

I smell kurdistan.

Let us be real, support who you like but no need for the 'saviour of Syrians' story, likewise I want to shit on all Kurds in Iraq and I hope the KRG is Arabized, I admit it.

I don’t know what you mean by Kurdistan lol but nice try.

The point was Arabs aren’t helping Arabs and Turks are, so they technically are saviours whether it’s with that intent or not. Syrian refugees in Turkey live in much better conditions compared to the ones in European camps. I don’t know why that quote about the refugees triggered you, but it’s a fact that Arab countries don’t help out the Syrians.

Thank you for your thoughtful response. Now let me refute some points

1. YPGs opinion about burying TAF is irrelevant. Typical Middle Eastern braggadocio.
2 You need to look at it differently. Russia has extremely limited resources on the ground. They have some 30+ jets some of which are obsolete while you have 240 F16s
They have few hundred SF while you have across all branches 10000
So it’s not Russia but you should deny airspace to Russia and Syria.
Moreover if I were a US pilot I would NOT rely on coordinates provided by Turkish operators. I need my guys on the ground. If shit hits the fan and civilians are casualties guess who is going to point fingers to the sky and not across?
3.we reduced Raqqa to rubble because we have unlimited JDAMs and guided artillery munitions. You don’t. Even Russia doesn’t have enough Krasnopol rounds(I believe they fired them against your armor 2 weeks ago)
Besides your artillery leveled Al-Bab as well. Just YouTube it

4. I said that before and I’ll say it again-you lost great chance in 2014. Had you listened to Obama admin you would rule Syria from Latakia to Abu Kemal

5. Whether it was in 2016 or prior, RTE trashed and destroyed Turkish military. I have no doubts in my mind that Turkish officers were the best officers in entire Muslim world. Educated, patriotic secular.
I would not ask for war with the ones that are running Chief of Staff or on Corps level these days.

I am sorry but as soon as I read “all isis operation were stopped by Americans to allow ISIS move resources” I stopped reading and lost interest.
FYI, ISIS backbone was broken in Kobane. Why? Because thats where isis lost their fighters from Caucasus. Then isis were depleted of manpower resources with the fall of Mosul. Battle of Al-Bab and ES as a whole didn’t inflict severe casualties on them nor put a dent on them operationally.
Spot on observations. But many here will not get this because they have completely bought into state-driven and/or word-of-mouth narratives and prejudices. No set of arguments will convince these people. Independent rational thinking is not cup of tea of everybody here.

its a very well known fact that the US let dozens of convoys pass to make Turkey even further bleed in al-bab and its surroundings with also being eager to defend the city because they were ideologically attached to it.
I will give you something to ponder over: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ates-have-escaped-camp-after-turkish-shelling

Politics over ISIS is the worst of crimes in this age. Actions of any party which have directly and/or indirectly facilitated ISIS in any shape or form are deplorable. List of those responsible include the name starting with T and ending with Y.

Last edited:
Kurds say backed by the pentagon lmao but the reality is that the kurds themselves let them free :D
Of-course, POTUS would want to cover up for his controversial decision. Who wouldn't?

SDF account of events is entirely different. They stated that Turkish military strikes made it impractical for SDF guards to control hundreds of ISIS captives in a facility near the border. SDF had to divert manpower towards advances of FSA as well as move towards safety. Who wouldn't? Nobody wants to commit to guard duty in the face of a military onslaught.

Of-course, POTUS would want to cover up for his controversial decision. Who wouldn't?

SDF account of events is entirely different. They stated that Turkish military strikes made it impractical for SDF guards to control hundreds of ISIS captives in a facility near the border. SDF had to divert manpower towards advances of FSA as well as move towards safety. Who wouldn't?

What the PKK says is irrelevant. Potus already indicated that the Kurds willingly let them free with the intention of keeping the US and create a wave of protest which would rethink potus stance and that was backed by the pentagon as well which was also not happy with Potus decision and the manpower diverted north is irrelevant, they simply let them free and Turkey had to pick them up. The main motivation of the wests support was the Kurds playing guard´s.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/ypg-pkk-releases-40-more-daesh-isis-members/1697604

We arent helping these people anymore. The refugees in syria are not being allowed trough with the refugees in Turkey being among the main political issues today. Its also important that Arabs dont see Turkey as their saviour and that already started which is a good thing in my opinion. I have nothing against arabs but that turk-arab dynamics dont work out.

Its now important to work out a plan to remove the Syrian refugee presence in Turkey and build more massive borderwalls to iraq and iran because these countries are still problematic.

HannibalBarca said:
As for Those Footages, This is nothing tbh... compared to Their Inghimasi group who are on another level...

What is that? Ingimashi?

If RU strike like last time... they will have not much choice... it's either you die flatten with what is left of the city or you retreat.
It's not like you can stop RU planes.

The best way is to open multiple fronts and be aggressive, But if all forces (+ NFL,TFSA) aren't used then it's meaningless.
If RU strike like last time... they will have not much choice... it's either you die flatten with what is left of the city or you retreat.
It's not like you can stop RU planes.

The best way is to open multiple fronts and be aggressive, But if all forces (+ NFL,TFSA) aren't used then it's meaningless.

Turkish official speaking to Reuters:
- Turkey gave support Neyrab operation with the artillery and bomb squad.
- The next target is Serakip. This will happen soon. The regime suffered heavy losses in the conflicts last night. A huge amount of weapons and ammunition was seized.

What the PKK says is irrelevant. Potus already indicated that the Kurds willingly let them free with the intention of keeping the US and create a wave of protest which would rethink potus stance and that was backed by the pentagon as well which was also not happy with Potus decision and the manpower diverted north is irrelevant, they simply let them free and Turkey had to pick them up. The main motivation of the wests support was the Kurds playing guard´s.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/ypg-pkk-releases-40-more-daesh-isis-members/1697604
Rebuttal from European source: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ia-bombing-latest-erdogan-tweet-a9155051.html

Turkey's effort to create a buffer zone on Syrian-Turkish border needed much better planning and execution IMHO. This agenda should have involved the clause of relocating ISIS captives to other facilities near Raqqa under American monitoring prior to Turkish moves on the ground. Erdogan administration and Trump administration should have stuck a deal in this regard beforehand. Instead, POTUS gave go-ahead to Turkish leadership to commence its move and ordered American troops to withdraw from Syria - completely unorderly conduct. This is why there was lot of critism of these developments and Pentagon had no choice but to spring into action for damage control.

I am all for Turkish moves in Syria but my personal criticism is that these moves are very late and destabizing as of present. Turkey should have made its moves back in the (2012 - 2014) period.

Both administrations (Trump and Erdogan) deserve standing ovation for making bad decisions lately. Sarcasm intended.

Rebuttal from European source: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ia-bombing-latest-erdogan-tweet-a9155051.html

Turkey's effort to create a buffer zone on Syrian-Turkish border needed much better planning and execution IMHO. This agenda should have involved the clause of relocating ISIS captives to other facilities near Raqqa under American monitoring prior to Turkish moves on the ground. Erdogan administration and Trump administration should have stuck a deal in this regard beforehand. Instead, POTUS gave go-ahead to Turkish leadership to commence its move and ordered American troops to withdraw from Syria - completely unorderly conduct. This is why there was lot of critism of these developments and Pentagon had no choice but to spring into action for damage control.

I am all for Turkish moves in Syria but my personal criticism is that these moves are very late and destabizing as of present. Turkey should have made its moves back in the (2012 - 2014) period.

End of discussion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom