What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Well, I believe soon they will take a pretty big ground operation (Turkish Troops involving in firefights)

Taking out DAES and YPG/PKK and so on, Is gonna be a pretty big game changer in Syria.

Saudi Arabian foreign minister:

- we support Turkish operations in Syria.
- from the first days of the Syrian crisis and other subjects, our views with the Turkish side is identical.

+

There's big talks regarding the future of Syria

I have so much to say to you Europeans I don't even know where to begin. Most of it wouldn't be appropriate for this forum.
Europeans can't be trusted by any measure. They apply two face and double standards when ever it suits them. They bear an unnecessary aversion to Turks and Turkey something I'm still trying to figure out where the underling cause is stemming from, when Turkey has been doing its utmost to keep relations on friendly and warm terms.

I dont understand the Turkish strategy here.

The locals are celebrating the capture of little Jarablus like they have just liberated Jerusalem ?

Meanwhile Assad is getting closer and closer each day to taking the whole of Aleppo.

What would you rather have, a village or small town, or a large city that was a industrial powerhouse and city of millions ?

The priorities dont seem right.

The locals are celebrating the capture of little Jarablus like they have just liberated Jerusalem ?

Meanwhile Assad is getting closer and closer each day to taking the whole of Aleppo.

What would you rather have, a village or small town, or a large city that was a industrial powerhouse and city of millions ?

We're in for a buffer zone along our border, get ISIS away and blocking YPG dreams.

Eventually al-bab will be taken but the future of Syria shall be decided in diplomacy. To be honest I'm rooting for Assad in Aleppo since most of them FSA fighters there seem to be Jihadis who behead prisoners.

And I also think that Turkey has no interest in reaching Aleppo and fighting Assad directly.

Deals must have been made,Aleppo for our operation Euphrates Shield,sounds plausible.

Deals must have been made,Aleppo for our operation Euphrates Shield,sounds plausible.
I think we just agreed to no more touch Assad and his government. TBH that would be the wisest option.

Our statements are also in line with that theory, saying things like "The future government of Syria may be made up by Assad's circles" etc.

I guess Assad will become a hero, and then get retired and his circle will form a secular government in a newly created multiparty system so that everyone will (supposedly) be happy and satisfied.

No, US treats FSA as their sidekick. But at this rate Russia which is decisive power broker may list FSA as terror group. That will be the end of it.

So far, FSA is not listed as terror group, neither in USA nor in Russia. More than this, you said FSA is a sidekick of USA. So, why do you call fsa as a terror group?

wishful thinking. First of all, Russia really cant force Assad to step down even if they wanted to (there's no evidence they do). And even more important, Iran is against it and its their manpower that does most of hardlifing on the ground for the regime.

And If anyone thinks that rebels fighting now in Euprathshield op would sign of on such a deal would be greatly mistaken. Vast majority of these forces fight also in the city (Zinki, Jaish Tahrir, Jabel etc)..
Yes regime is on the offensive and they reversed many of rebels prevous gains, but its result of huge influx of iranian backed militias on that front and russian airstraikes, not some backroom deal. Flow of weapons from Turkey is still pretty much steady and going as before. Aleppo is too important to be traded of just like that.

Turkey dispatches 43 APCs and 180 new troops to border province Gaziantep near Syria from Istanbul centre
Cr2HeReWcAABKhf.jpg

Cr2HeRfXEAAPLuf.jpg

Cr2HeReXEAQMbbQ.jpg

Cr2HeRpXYAAvonu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom