What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

I presumed he meant Erdogan, but mikstakenly said Turkey. Anyway not mine to answer.
For many of us, what we love about those nations has a lot to do with what we saw in those leaders. I don't want to get the AK party bashers started, so i'll leave it there. :)

We shall continue this conversation some time, perhaps in sarajevo, i visit quite often. Here gets a little immature sometimes as you've seen.

I think he did not mean that the Turkish soldiers will protect the safe zone. i think he wants another force to be in charge. otherwise, he would not use such a harsh language against Turkey while he was basically accepting Turkey's proposal.

There is no other force other than the Turks, Russians/Syrians, or the Americans that are in any position to patrol this zone. Can't be the Americans since they are/wanting to withdraw. Too far for the Ruskies or alawi militias. Going to have to be Turks with or without 'approval'. The solution lies in the track Turkey has consistently signaled in that they'll target all terrorists (and by extension PKK and its subsidiaries) and be an ally to the Syrians of all backgrounds including the kurds.

A chance for the PKK/YPG to form a military/country with the newest Western/Israëli weapons,have ''NATO'' air bases from where to attack us in the future,nice perspective.

Yep, that's the first thing that became apparent when I drew the borders. Though I still think that if we manage to get this zone with no operation (no fighting) then we can focus on helping Assad get the SDF under control before what you say becomes true. That would be the best win for us imo.

We would even have the option to squeeze Assad as to not give the SDF too much leeway or "we invade" and in turn do the same to the SDF if they wont strike a deal with Assad.

This is actually pretty solid. Remember most if not all Kurdish settlements or militant bases are right next to the border. Further down south, the region is almost entirely Arab so the problem would fix itself. As long as we create a 30km deep buffer zone like that along the entire border we'll be MOSTLY safe from any terror attacks.

Yep, that's the first thing that became apparent when I drew the borders. Though I still think that if we manage to get this zone with no operation (no fighting) then we can focus on helping Assad get the SDF under control before what you say becomes true. That would be the best win for us imo.
Assad and YPG/PKK work together,not going to happen,KSA/UAE and indirectly Israel also in that camp.
We would even have the option to squeeze Assad as to not give the SDF too much leeway or "we invade" and in turn do the same to the SDF if they wont strike a deal with Assad.
To complicated to explain but simply put,they are all working together against us.

Back
Top Bottom