What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

ASELSAN signs 34 million TL worth agreement

ASELSAN will provide decoy launcher for Turkish submarines. Turkish Defence Ministry and ASELSAN signed 34 million TL worth contract for the Project. ASELSAN that produces decoys for submarines will develop launchers to complete system. Launchers will be delivered in 2018-2019.

ASELSAN signs 34 million TL worth agreement

View attachment 187102

Didn't they already installed the system on turkish navy submarines ?

Dearsan 65m Assault Boat design

b_7-3604.jpg

b_9-436.jpg

b_6-2697.jpg

b_2-8533.jpg

b_1-1738.jpg

Turkey to issue RfP for FAC programme

Repost but good to refresh

The New Turkish National Fast Attack Craft (Türk Tipi Hücumbot) programme is progressing towards the issue of a request for proposal (RfP) in 2014, industry sources have told IHS Jane's .

The Turkish Naval Forces Command is understood to prefer its next-generation FAC to be a compact vessel smaller than the missile-capable Kiliç-class vessels (which are based on a 62 m Lürssen design) and to be capable of sprinting at 60 kt, reaching about 800 n miles at 28 kt, and operating in up to Sea State 5.

The vessels are also due to be equipped with a substantial systems suite, comprising a 76 mm main gun, two smaller-calibre naval guns, a Rolling Airframe Missile (RAM) launcher, anti-ship missiles, torpedo decoy systems, a 3D surveillance radar, and an electronic support measures/electronic countermeasures (ESM/ECM) system.

However, several sources have suggested this challenging combination of requirements may be revised by the time the RfP is issued.

Design challenges include accommodating the specified systems in a vessel less than 60 m in length, and also finding the right hull shape and level of installed power to propel the vessel at the required speeds.

Innovative hull concepts may provide one answer. The Norwegian Skjold composites-built surface-effect-ship concept may provide a reference point, for example. However, local industry is not convinced that it would offer the required seakeeping and crew comfort in higher sea states. As a result, most design approaches considered to date appear to favour steel monohulls.

One company noted that a state-funded research and development project into advanced high-speed hull designs would be a useful precursor approach. Failing that, installed power of about 40 MW will likely be required and, given the planned compact size of the vessel design, would have to be based around gas turbines. The propulsion system design will also have to consider the challenge of power output drop-off in higher ambient temperatures, particularly for turbines.

ADIK is understood to have proposed a steel-hulled 64 m, 800-ton vessel with a combined gas and gas turbine (COGAG) propulsion system centred around an LM2500 boost turbine.

Dearsan, meanwhile, has worked on a 65 m steel-hulled vessel with a combined diesel and gas turbine (CODAG) propulsion system powering the vessel to around 45 kt.

ARES' initial proposal uses a wave-piercing, very low radar cross section, 70 m steel hull designed by Rolls-Royce and capable of speeds of about 50-55 kt.

RMK Marine said it has worked on a proposal in co-operation with partners in the United States and Sweden, but would not be drawn on details.

Yonca-Onuk noted that a derivative of its 250-ton composite-hull MRTP 48 design with diesel propulsion able to generate 40 kt-plus speeds may fit the bill. If fitted with gas turbines, the craft could also meet the 60 kt requirement. The company currently has a very busy export order book.

According to the request for information (RfI) issued by the Turkish Defence Industries Undersecretariat (SSM) in July 2013, Turkish companies STM, Aselsan/Havelsan, and Roketsan are leading the development work in the areas of propulsion, combat systems, and armaments respectively.

Nice How many you plan to produce ?

The initial buy is expected to cover four vessels, with a further six craft possible under optional later batches. Initial batch deliveries may commence in the 2018-19 timeframe, if a contract can be signed by the end of 2015.

Turkey to issue RfP for FAC programme - IHS Jane's 360

b_7-3604.jpg

b_9-436.jpg

b_6-2697.jpg

b_2-8533.jpg

b_1-1738.jpg
Here we can compare old with new:

kartal3.jpg

KILIC CLASS.jpg

Volkan Dogan class.jpg

Yildiz II.jpg

Nice website guys I recommend checking it out for more details.
Naval Analyses: NAVIES

b_7-3604.jpg

b_9-436.jpg

b_6-2697.jpg

b_2-8533.jpg

b_1-1738.jpg

It looks it's based on YTKB (NTPB)... They built them too...

1.jpg

But i think this is still the best...

12.jpg

Also i see they renewed their website and they added more infos...

Dearsan, Platform, Tugboat, Shipyard, Landing craft, Patrol boat, Naval vessel, Naval shipbuilding, Naval shipbuilding, Patrol vessel, Fast attack boat, Naval shipbuilding, Corvette class ship, hydrographic survey vessel,

Also there is virtual tour in their website... It's very good especially New Type Patrol Boat virtual tour...

Virtual Tour

YTKB virtual tour...

DEARSAN Shipyard -- www.sanalgezinti.com --

Last edited:
From 7skies in MP.

From the speech of Amiral Bostanoglu took place 10 days ago;

We are working hard to complete the preliminary work for the first national submarine by 2018.
We plan to produce 6 more submarines to increase the number of submarines to total of 20 by 2024 (Type214s).

---

Stage1. (3 years 2014-2017) National Modernization
Platform: Atılay
Scope: National Modernization (National sonar, National periscope, National navionics , National softwares, National intagrated submarine managemet system, National torpedo (Akya), National anti-ship missile (Sub-atmaca) )

Stage 2. (3 years 2017-2020) AIP
Aim: Gaining AIP technology
Platform: Saldıray
Scope: Together with HDW gaining the AIP technology (Similar to Greek Type 209/1200 Okeanos )

Stage3. (3 years 2020-2023) National AIP
Aim: Gaining National AIP
Platform:Batıray

Stage 4. (5 years 2023-2028) National Submarine Design
Aim: Building a sub from scratch
Platform: New
Scope: 2 years general design (Hull, AIP) 3 years detail design (navionics, sonar, periscope, intagrated management system, torpedo ve missile integration )

Stage5. (4 years 2028-2033) First Sub Building

AY(Moon) Class (6 )

Will be used as test bed
- Atılay 1975
- Saldıray 1976
- Batıray 1978

Modernized
- Yıldıray 1981
- Doğanay 1985
- Dolunay 1989

I think ARES or Yonca-Onuk may be chosen for the programme. @isoo what do you think out tech on the deck :)

Mate, i dont know about Yonca onuk, they still insist on their extended design but i dont give possibility to fit all equipments all on their 48 m design. Composite material takes place more than steel ,so they will have less volume to be utilized on low decks.

At 1st i was critisize Adik's design but from many aspects they seem to be most powerfull among other designs . They also use indigenously developed hull and design which uses outputs from milgem ,with low RCSA and similar mast tower ( will reduce time to design /manufacture).

But with political reasons, SSM considers adik as their supply class ship provider even in future plan . While they try to make dearsan -yonca onuk- ares to specialize in boat/corvet building. But dearsan's design is a trash and Yonca onuk doesnt have a good design (unless they come with 60 m similar to sweden's corvette).

I wait a surprise from RMK unfortunately with a foreigner design and hullform. Also they are in list to be boat/corvetter/frigate builder in future plan of SSM. Eventhough they dont have a design engineering ability now (they fired all employers)

Ares also uses foreigner hullform*(1) with a worse design than adik, with larger RCSA compared to Adik's design.

*1 hullform is everything for a vessel,if they know it,they can predict maximum possible speed, acoustic chracteristics, watertight division configuration . Which will let someone to know about weak points of our vessel.

Lets see what SSM decides :)

Mate, i dont know about Yonca onuk, they still insist on their extended design but i dont give possibility to fit all equipments all on their 48 m design. Composite material takes place more than steel ,so they will have less volume to be utilized on low decks.

At 1st i was critisize Adik's design but from many aspects they seem to be most powerfull among other designs . They also use indigenously developed hull and design which uses outputs from milgem ,with low RCSA and similar mast tower ( will reduce time to design /manufacture).

But with political reasons, SSM considers adik as their supply class ship provider even in future plan . While they try to make dearsan -yonca onuk- ares to specialize in boat/corvet building. But dearsan's design is a trash and Yonca onuk doesnt have a good design (unless they come with 60 m similar to sweden's corvette).

I wait a surprise from RMK unfortunately with a foreigner design and hullform. Also they are in list to be boat/corvetter/frigate builder in future plan of SSM. Eventhough they dont have a design engineering ability now (they fired all employers)

Ares also uses foreigner hullform*(1) with a worse design than adik, with larger RCSA compared to Adik's design.

*1 hullform is everything for a vessel,if they know it,they can predict maximum possible speed, acoustic chracteristics, watertight division configuration . Which will let someone to know about weak points of our vessel.

Lets see what SSM decides :)

So, mate what about the post #1283

I recall you saying "Designing and building a sub is the pinnacle of ship building." Is this time table seems plausible to you.

Also i wonder about " Together with HDW gaining the AIP technology"....so, HDW will give us the ToT of AIP just like that ?

So, mate what about the post #1283

I recall you saying "Designing and building a sub is the pinnacle of ship building." Is this time table seems plausible to you.

Also i wonder about " Together with HDW gaining the AIP technology"....so, HDW will give us the ToT of AIP just like that ?

Mate,it doesnt seem like they will give the technology , he mentioned like HDW will supply parts of AIP and it will be fitted into test beds ,the decommissioned subs. If its succesfull i think they will apply to others.

I dont think HDW will give that system ,its the most critic tech they had even they supplied it as packed from germany to turkey ,for type 216 subs.

Also the speech giving person professional and he talks with logic , not with politics :) people from government just looks for arguments to seduce people like " we will have sub till 2020". Thats why his timeline quite logical and plausible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom