What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

No bro it is F-511 or F-512. Just look one month before, you can't see any Milgem there.

I am not sure as well When you consider the first welding took place in September 2013 "Google Earth image update date is September 2014" Would it be possible the Milgem mostly completed in such a short period of time ( a week shorter than a year) with most of its radar and even painting job is big question. If it is one of the completed Milgem, Why it is docked. We Let the experts comment on it.

I am not sure as well When you consider the first welding took place in September 2013 "Google Earth image update date is September 2014" Would it be possible the Milgem mostly completed in such a short period of time ( a week shorter than a year) with most of its radar and even painting job is big question. If it is one of the completed Milgem, Why it is docked. We Let the experts comment on it.

@isoo

Your input about the subject please.

Our 1st indigenous seismic ship will be launched in March 2015...

İlk yerli sismik gemisi, Mart'ta denize iniyor

sismik_gemi_milli.jpg

I GUESS ITS MILGEM F-513........ LATEST UPDATE 22.9.2014

It seems to repair dock in the Naval shipyard, so it is either F-511 or F-512 because both of them launched and taken to service in september, so it is 3rd year of F-511 and 1st year F-512 both of them took a repair in that time.
But more like it is 511 receiving 3rd year docking for repair.
It is impossible to complete a naval ship within 51 weeks ,equip and then dock it in a floating dock (for this condition).

I know this project since long time, project leader also has support from yonca onuk ,and some other boat builders for project . But i cant make any comment about how helpfull this will be for our future submarine project.

I can just tell,we shouldnt hope too much from a 6 meter midget submarine . Building a 20 meter FAC doesnt mean we are able to build a destroyer, or same analogy for how much hürkuş is helpful for TF-X.
Its more about motivation, seeing that one thing can be completed, so there is hope more . It is a good project to show that turkey can built a midget submarine, even later equip it with weapons even designed and managed by bunch of PhD students. Also its not reverse engineered :)

Additionally it will pave a way to consider design and production phases of a submarine , also tests for it. While still building a real submarine will stay as a far distance, but at least we can see it.

From new renders i can tell that,they have changed design again . They removed the flaps, (side rudders) and put a diagonally inserted propeller to manage movement of submarine in water, innovative and it that works withing automated system,then it will be good. But still that propeller is ok for small sizes of submarine ,not for complete sizes. Design looks cool like hamsi ,but glass section may reduce the dive depth of submarine.
It seems like 1st steps into a submarine ,so lets hope to see it as soon as possible. (with lots of foreign eqipment inside :))

Last edited:
I know this project since long time, project leader also has support from yonca onuk ,and some other boat builders for project . But i cant make any comment about how helpfull this will be for our future submarine project.

I can just tell,we shouldnt hope too much from a 6 meter midget submarine . Building a 20 meter FAC doesnt mean we are able to build a destroyer, or same analogy for how much hürkuş is helpful for TF-X.
Its more about motivation, seeing that one thing can be completed, so there is hope more . It is a good project to show that turkey can built a midget submarine, even later equip it with weapons even designed and managed by bunch of PhD students. Also its not reverse engineered :)

Additionally it will pave a way to consider design and production phases of a submarine , also tests for it. While still building a real submarine will stay as a far distance, but at least we can see it.

From new renders i can tell that,they have changed design again .

Thx... :enjoy:

I'm sure it will be so good... Atleast it will be a very good laboratory for our future naval engineers...

TF-2000

In a separate development, IHS Jane's has learned that the SSM has been holding talks with Lockheed Martin for the sale of the Aegis Combat System for Turkey's long-awaited TF-2000 frigate project for which RfPs have not even been published.
Turkey advances TFX fighter project, orders new rifles, more F-35s, CH-47s - IHS Jane's 360

Hmm..

"SSM may finally say that none of the competing companies have come up with a technology offer that will enable Turkish industry to build the weapon itself so we cancel the T-Loramids project and go ahead with a co-development model," a Western defence industry source told IHS Jane's .

I am starting to wonder whether or not the "ToT agreement" with the chinese was a made-up propaganda tool to get West to provide ToT to Turkey instead.

It Should Be..Since It is Battle Management Fire Control System

The Aegis Combat System (ACS) is an advanced command and control (command and decision, or C&D, in Aegis parlance), and weapon control system (WCS) that uses powerful computers and radars to track and guide weapons to destroy enemy targets.

The ACS is composed of the Aegis Weapon System (AWS), the fast-reaction component of the Aegis Anti-Aircraft Warfare (AAW) capability, along with the Phalanx Close In Weapon System (CIWS), and the Mark 41 Vertical Launch System.[2] Mk 41 VLS adopts a modular design concept, which result in different versions that vary in size and weight. The length comes in three sizes: 209 in (5.3 m) for the self-defense version, 266 in (6.8 m) for the tactical version, and 303 in (7.7 m) for the strike version. The empty weight for an 8-cell module is 26,800 lb (12,200 kg) for the self-defense version, 29,800 lb (13,500 kg) for the tactical version, and 32,000 lb (15,000 kg) for the strike version, thus incorporating anti-submarine warfare (ASW) systems, and Tomahawk Land Attack Cruise Missiles (TLAM). Shipboard torpedo and naval gunnery systems are also integrated.

AWS, the heart of Aegis, comprises the AN/SPY-1 Radar, MK 99 Fire Control System, WCS, the Command and Decision Suite, and SM-2 Standard Missile family of weapons; these include the basic RIM-66 Standard, the RIM-67 extended range missile, and the newer RIM-161 designed to counter ballistic missile threats. A further SM-2 based weapon, the RIM-174 Standard ERAM is currently in testing, and may be integrated into the system in the near future. Individual ships may not carry all variants; weapons load-outs are adjusted to suit assigned mission profile. The Aegis Combat System is controlled by an advanced, automatic detect-and-track, multi-function three-dimensional passive electronically scanned array radar, the AN/SPY-1. Known as "the Shield of the Fleet", the SPY high-powered (6 megawatt) radar is able to perform search, tracking, and missile guidance functions simultaneously with a track capacity of well over 100 targets at more than 100 nautical miles (190 km).[3] However the AN/SPY-1 Radar is mounted lower than the AN/SPS-49 radar system and so has a reduced radar horizon.[4]

The Aegis system communicates with the Standard missiles through a radio frequency (RF) uplink using the AN/SPY-1 radar for mid-course guidance of the missile during engagements, but still requires the AN/SPG-62 radar for terminal guidance. This means that with proper scheduling of intercepts, a large number of targets can be engaged simultaneously.

The computer-based command-and-decision element is the core of the Aegis Combat System. This interface makes the ACS capable of simultaneous operation against almost all kinds of threats. The Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMD) program is intended to enable the Aegis system to act in a sea-based ballistic missile defense function, to counter short- and medium-range ballistic missiles of the variety typically employed by a number of potential opponent states. As of January, 2014, the US and Japan were the only countries to purchase or deploy the Aegis BMD

I strongly believe this is a lie...

Back
Top Bottom