attachment.php

- 16 Atmaca anti-ship missile
- 2x8 cell VLS, 64 ESSM missile capable
- RAM missiles
- 76mm main gun

Atmaca SSM
raqm45.jpg

Dillemma begins here;
We are waiting some years , so that design of our LHD will be completed and will be delivered to Sedef shipyard. While before, i have talked on this issue, to the engineers which designed RMK ,or take actions in DESAN , or the ones contacted to Navantia in Sedef , kept mentioning there will be no ski jump, but jet resistant deck coating.

Now it seems like, there will be ski jump ,so why dont we just buy design of Juan Carlos LPD? Why do we waste money and extra time just for sake of Navantia will complete R&D and design? Why sedef keeps getting payments? Even one equipment integration engineer i contacted earlier, said one thing that if we directly ordered Juan Carlos, integrating our equipments would take totally 1 year into design ,but now navantia designs our LPD from the beginning ,just for some meters shorter and smaller design, and resulting in 40% more cost .

Result is, we saved navantia from bankrupt, thats all. And we wasted time and money ,if there is really a ski jump .

Guys questions... Especially @isoo @Neptune

1- Is it right to keep huge number of navy ships all together in 1 place like Gölcük ?.. Isn't it so dangerous to put such power to an area which can be a small target and big loss ?.. Why don't they diversify naval harbours ? You know Pearl Harbour... It was a huge loss for usa... Also i think diversifying of naval harbours would be very good contribution for the word "Combatant, Combat ready all time, effective & which has immediate intervention capability " @ all around our borders...

2- Why we send numerous of our warships to long distances for exercises at the same time ?.. Isn't it so risky ?.. If a sudden war starts (especially with a country/countries with whom we mak exercise) huge power may not turn home back or it ccan be too late ?.. IMO this exercise stuff can be used as perfect trap as a stratagem...

3- I think our FACs shouldn't have helipad... It may have a pad for small naval uavs, no probem... Because, FACs are not like big warsips. Shooting ranges defence capability ranges are long but FACs are for something like close fight... So i would prefer to evaluate that space(helipad) for more weapons, for more war systems(active-passive-survellience etc.) ... Also you know in short distances helicopters can be hunted quickly and easily even with CIWS... No need an air defence missile for this... Instead of takeoff,fly,shot,turn back etc FAC should directly shot missiles, torpedos etc... What do you think about this issue ?..

Last edited:
Dillemma begins here;
We are waiting some years , so that design of our LHD will be completed and will be delivered to Sedef shipyard. While before, i have talked on this issue, to the engineers which designed RMK ,or take actions in DESAN , or the ones contacted to Navantia in Sedef , kept mentioning there will be no ski jump, but jet resistant deck coating.

Now it seems like, there will be ski jump ,so why dont we just buy design of Juan Carlos LPD? Why do we waste money and extra time just for sake of Navantia will complete R&D and design? Why sedef keeps getting payments? Even one equipment integration engineer i contacted earlier, said one thing that if we directly ordered Juan Carlos, integrating our equipments would take totally 1 year into design ,but now navantia designs our LPD from the beginning ,just for some meters shorter and smaller design, and resulting in 40% more cost .

Result is, we saved navantia from bankrupt, thats all. And we wasted time and money ,if there is really a ski jump .

Canberra class is just 18 cm higher and 1500 tonnes heavier than Juan Carlos as well. It seems that Navantia redesigned Juan Carlos Class for Australian navy and Aussies paid %40 more price. How can he know that i don't know but probably your engineer friend opened a tender for his navy and got a price from Navantia for original Juan Carlos Class.

1- Is it right to keep huge number of navy ships all together in 1 place like Gölcük ?.. Isn't it so dangerous to put such power to an area which can be a small target and big loss ?.. Why don't they diversify naval harbours ? You know Pearl Harbour... It was a huge loss for usa... Also i think diversifying of naval harbours would be very good contribution for the word "Combatant, Combat ready all time, effective & which has immediate intervention capability " @ all around our borders...

2- Why we send numerous of our warships to long distances for exercises at the same time ?.. Isn't it so risky ?.. If a sudden war starts (especially with a country/countries with whom we mak exercise) huge power may not turn home back or it ccan be too late ?.. IMO this exercise stuff can be used as perfect trap as a stratagem...

3- I think our FACs shouldn't have helipad... It may have a pad for small naval uavs, no probem... Because, FACs are not like big warsips. Shooting ranges defence capability ranges are long but FACs are for something like close fight... So i would prefer to evaluate that space(helipad) for more weapons, for more war systems(active-passive-survellience etc.) ... Also you know in short distances helicopters can be hunted quickly and easily even with CIWS... No need an air defence missile for this... Instead of takeoff,fly,shot,turn back etc FAC should directly shot missiles, torpedos etc... What do you think about this issue ?..
I remember one former naval officer was freaking out back during the crimean crisis because alot of the navy was on overseas operations.

Canberra class is just 18 cm higher and 1500 tonnes heavier than Juan Carlos as well. It seems that Navantia redesigned Juan Carlos Class for Australian navy and Aussies paid %40 more price. How can he know that i don't know but probably your engineer friend opened a tender for his navy and got a price from Navantia for original Juan Carlos Class.
That high price considers the man-hours spent on redesigning. What i try to say, if there is a ski jump then it should be know since beginning of project . For reasons of equality in tender ,also for perspective of projective
it began as no-ski jump,then money delivered to navantia ,then suddenly there is ski jump . So juan carlos also affords our needs with minor changes why we need to waste time and money.
Against this matter, officials find an alibi like " its all for integration of indigeneous equipment " ,so i quoted what i heard from an engineer.
Now tender isnt fair,because sedef joined with a possible ski jump vessel without any 3D model or conceptual design , but others joined with 3D models that is showing there is no ski jump. It seems they are selected just because of that possibiltiy ,while other competetors proposed much lower price with shorter time ,plus an advantage to have trained engineers in design of this kind of vessel.

All in all, sedef is the best shipyard for some reasons but they dont have any design capability,yet no chance to train engineers in design. Also this tender is really going on with corruption that we cant expect any ship before than 2020 even .

1st question and 2nd question,@Neptune will explain much better, i have no info about this.
But for 2nd one, seems like marmara sea and gölcük seem like enough secured place thanks to straits and location , all other costs have open sight to our possible enemies.

3rd;

will be there helipad on FAC's seriously ? It is something weird because those vessels already has stability issues ,and helipad is one of the heaviest structure on vessels.
(unless its made of high tech metarial like titanium**) . Also there is a place needed for RAM on stern.

Additionally, there is a new trend in the world, to design FAC like medium-large size , light armed , multi-role and high capacity veseels with large helidecks( even to operate chinoohook) . One example is Black Swan of england. If there is any project similar to this,then it is fine.

(** unfortunetely its hard to build with that , because we have no production of required titanium alloy, also no experienced people to manufacture or use it. Even that metarial sold to us directly,its banned to use in military products. )

PS:
if that helideck for UAVs ,then it is pretty ok .

@isoo

:ashamed:

Sorry guys... I asked 3rd question because i remembered something wrong... I remembered Selah's FAC design with helipad... But you will justify me right ?.. :pleasantry:

Look at this design's stern...

PS7Oq4X.jpg

And about 2nd question about Gölcük example.. Yes sure it is a safe place but you know just after 1 huge attack which canned be stopped or partially stopped we may say the word "We lost our navy(nearly)"...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom