What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

@isoo

:ashamed:

Sorry guys... I asked 3rd question because i remembered something wrong... I remembered Selah's FAC design with helipad... But you will justify me right ?.. :pleasantry:

Look at this design's stern...

View attachment 178623

And about 2nd question about Gölcük example.. Yes sure it is a safe place but you know just after 1 huge attack which canned be stopped or partially stopped we may say the word "We lost our navy(nearly)"...

That is not helideck, just stern deck . Also it seems that there is RAM or Depth Charges on there , a little seen.

Guys questions... Especially @isoo @Neptune

1- Is it right to keep huge number of navy ships all together in 1 place like Gölcük ?.. Isn't it so dangerous to put such power to an area which can be a small target and big loss ?.. Why don't they diversify naval harbours ? You know Pearl Harbour... It was a huge loss for usa... Also i think diversifying of naval harbours would be very good contribution for the word "Combatant, Combat ready all time, effective & which has immediate intervention capability " @ all around our borders...

I see. There are several bases. Three of them are TNF's major installations. Premier one being Gölcük, followed by Aksaz and Cengiz Topel.

1- NS Gölcük (Deniz Ana Üs Komutanlığı

2- NB Aksaz (Deniz Üs Komutanlığı)

3- NAS Cengiz Topel

4- NB Foça.

I'll start with Gölcük. It's a 1800 acres naval installation with various HQs in it:

• Battle Fleet Command
  • FAC/Assault Boats Fleet Command
  • Submarine Fleet Command
  • Gölcük Naval Shipyard Command
  • Navy Supply & Replenishment Centre Command
  • Tactical Development, Doctrine and Analysis Center Command
  • Inventory Control Centre Command
  • Logistic Support Ships Flotilla Command.
As you see it's the brain of the Fleet. This area is being protected by submarines, surface combatants outside the base. By it's locationlocation, in tge Sea of Marmara, if any enemy is going to attack there, they need to take out the entire active fleet and our air force. Trust me, if we were in such a situation, those ships wouldn't stay harbored there :)

2- Why we send numerous of our warships to long distances for exercises at the same time ?.. Isn't it so risky ?.. If a sudden war starts (especially with a country/countries with whom we mak exercise) huge power may not turn home back or it ccan be too late ?.. IMO this exercise stuff can be used as perfect trap as a stratagem...

In times of crisis, like crimea and the current one; Operation Mediterranean Shield, it is. We need these exercises, for example Noble Mariner. The largest NATO naval exercise. It gives us great skills. But we have a large fleet. 16 frigates, 14 submarines, 8 corvettes and tens of dozens of FACs, Patrol Boats and others. No navy in tge region is large as ours. The problem is bad leadership. After the alleged coup trials, they screwed up the Naval Forces. It was a successful operation by outside to eliminate the striking force of our armed forces.

Nah. They can not use it since there are 156 ships in service. It's not like Greece :lol:

As for 3rd question, I don't have much expertise as mush as @isoo. But helipad is just to bring supplies to the ships and taking personnel. It's to increase the endurance of the ship, but IMO rather to have a RAM on stern than a helipad.

Turkish Perry class frigate - TCG Göksu (F497) upgraded with 8-cell Mk41 VLS and SMART-S Mk2

The forth and final Turkish Perry class frigate TCG Göksu (F497) has been upgraded and now operating in the Turkish Navy.

The modernization program included:

• The addition of an 8-cell Mk-41 VLS for Evolved Sea Sparrow, including the upgrade of the Mk-92 fire control system by Lockheed Martin[10]
  • The retrofitting of a new advanced SMART-S Mk2 3D air search radar[11] to replace AN/SPS-49
  • The addition of a new long range sonar

No gun ?.. o_O

BTW this VLS is new.. So can we transfer this VLS to our new built ships before sending this junk deeply into the ocean ?..

1.jpg

Turkish Perry class frigate - TCG Göksu (F497) upgraded with 8-cell Mk41 VLS and SMART-S Mk2

The forth and final Turkish Perry class frigate TCG Göksu (F497) has been upgraded and now operating in the Turkish Navy.

The modernization program included:

• The addition of an 8-cell Mk-41 VLS for Evolved Sea Sparrow, including the upgrade of the Mk-92 fire control system by Lockheed Martin[10]
  • The retrofitting of a new advanced SMART-S Mk2 3D air search radar[11] to replace AN/SPS-49
  • The addition of a new long range sonar

@Neptune

I thought all of them were upgraded not only 4 of them? :undecided:

@Neptune

I thought all of them were upgraded not only 4 of them? :undecided:

First plan was to upgrade them all to Genesis Advent variant. But don't believe that either. Noone knows the excat number. It is 4 minumum, but could be 6-7-8 as well.

Turkish marines want a boat with front off/loading capability. Apparently ARES is working on a design and Yonca-Onuk may follow suit.

Something like CB-90..
Kristina%252520Swaan-F%2525c3%2525b6rsvarsmakten.jpg

Finally may see that RIB boats disappear..
D2911335.jpg

Last edited:
translated some comments under that article. 'Turks are provoking and want our islands', 'Spartans, Thebes, ancient heroes, 1821, this time we will beat them too' etc... the paranoia :D

Guess we should start inspecting and upgrading our Ege Ordu Komuntanligi more often, just to increase their paranoia.

Ares' boat is not for marines but for sat. So you will keep see gray zodiac boats ever. And it is logical in fact. Islands are mostly few miles away, zodiac boats are enough and efficient for them with light marines.

Back
Top Bottom