What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

I don't remember if this was posted or not:

MRTP33 diagram.jpg

Found it here:
World Military and Police Forces: Turkey

Last edited:
Anybody know if third Milgem is already in progress. Thank you

I also like ice breaking, polar class ships, which breaks ice though and goes in South pole, i think we need one of them for polar research operations, as long as i know Turkey still doesnt have a station on Antartica, this ship will be 1st step ;

Icebreaker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@xxxKULxxx

Mate, a Turkish Shipyard called CEMRE will build ice breaker but not for us... Is it hard to build this ship ?.. If yes then this project is good for our know-how...

Cemre Tersanesi Norveç'e buzkıran gemisi inşa ediyor

Their website...

CEMRE SHIPYARD

BTW it looks they are a good shipyard...

For example...

Completed Projects | CEMRE SHIPYARD

Order Book | CEMRE SHIPYARD

And a question...

Which is the best shipyard in Türkiye ? I'm asking it as a whole including military & commercial... Meaning capability, qualification, economy, infrastructure, technology... All in...

Last edited:
Mate, a Turkish Shipyard called CEMRE will build ice breaker but not for us... Is it hard to build this ship ?.. If yes then this project is good for our know-how...

Their website...

CEMRE SHIPYARD

For example...

And a question...

Which is the best shipyard in Türkiye ? I'm asking it as a whole including military & commercial... Meaning capability, qualification, economy, infrastructure, technology... All in...
Wow a mediterranian country is building Ice Breaker for a Nordic country, im impressed. :woot:

Their website...

CEMRE SHIPYARD

For example...

And a question...

Why we need it btw? An ice breaking ship, when we need it we will already have projects to built.
Nothing is hard to build, ice breaking ship has similar building techniques to commercial ships ,also their qualification is similar too ,a bit more strength.

I dont know about that shipyard * but mostly nordic countries such as norway ,completer steel work of their ships in turkey ( due to the location/price ,while in korea might be completed faster,but far) ,then they equip it in norway (which is actually "kaymak" of the business). And matter is about equipping.

We have no best shipyard, we have some different companies which is best in some matters you listed.

Sedef has best infastructure ever, and planning,also resource management and capacity. While RMK marine had design/qualification/fame/and economical strength ( design and fame not anymore). Dearsan is good in economy and in capability , while Yonca Onuk is good in R&D and future vision. Actually from all companies, yonca onuk looks to be best ,with the reasons of managing small sized ships(boats).

Our navy shipyards belongs to navy,so they are safe in all matters. In my opinion we need a state shipyards, as if there was in the past.

That ice-breaker ,polar class ships actually is a hard business,but its not only about doing steel job but also designing it,equipping and using it efficiently. Know-how just for steel works doesnt have any use,its just job oppurtinity and some income for company.

Why we need it btw? An ice breaking ship, when we need it we will already have projects to built.
Nothing is hard to build, ice breaking ship has similar building techniques to commercial ships ,also their qualification is similar too ,a bit more strength.

I dont know about that shipyard * but mostly nordic countries such as norway ,completer steel work of their ships in turkey ( due to the location/price ,while in korea might be completed faster,but far) ,then they equip it in norway (which is actually "kaymak" of the business). And matter is about equipping.

We have no best shipyard, we have some different companies which is best in some matters you listed.

Sedef has best infastructure ever, and planning,also resource management and capacity. While RMK marine had design/qualification/fame/and economical strength ( design and fame not anymore). Dearsan is good in economy and in capability , while Yonca Onuk is good in R&D and future vision. Actually from all companies, yonca onuk looks to be best ,with the reasons of managing small sized ships(boats).

Our navy shipyards belongs to navy,so they are safe in all matters. In my opinion we need a state shipyards, as if there was in the past.

That ice-breaker ,polar class ships actually is a hard business,but its not only about doing steel job but also designing it,equipping and using it efficiently. Know-how just for steel works doesnt have any use,its just job oppurtinity and some income for company.

Thx... Very nice brief... BTW i thought İstanbul Shipyard & ADİK were also very good...

Also about naval construction Murad BAYAR said current big shipyards should come together and they should establish 2 mostly 3 shipyards to be powerful in the world... What do you think about this ?.. After your 'state owned shipyards' comment this came to my mind...

Thx... Very nice brief... BTW i thought İstanbul Shipyard & ADİK were also very good...

Also about naval construction Murad BAYAR said current big shipyards should come together and they should establish 2 mostly 3 shipyards to be powerful in the world... What do you think about this ?.. After your 'state owned shipyards' comment this came to my mind...

Adik and Istanbul Shipyard ,i forgot those too while answering. They are the top 2 companies which is investing on design in turkey , Adik supports experiments for ship ,also both of them works with academicians during design, also they have design capabilities too.

There is Gisbir ( association of shipyard owners) , in their meetings, since last 5 years there is an idea coming out to come together and create an infastructure to work together on complicates projects such as petrol rig ,cruise ship . But they are not successfull still on these matters.
In the case they establish 2-3 shipyards ( its not preffered to establish a shipyard due to cost,but they can merge their facilities ) one of the side will be expecting dominance in management . So for 5 years they couldnt achieve to cooperate,maybe by force from governmant they can do,or with a threat of state shipyard.

Signing Agreement | BIST Disclosure | Investor Relations | ASELSAN

1/26/2015
An agreement regarding the Acoustic Decoy System for Submarines (Launcher), valuing TL 34.000.000,- has been signed between ASELSAN and Ministry of National Defense. Within this context, the deliveries of the Launcher Systems which will be developed and produced by our Company will be made in 2018-2019.

This disclosure is made according to the permission of Ministry of National Defense that has arrived to our company on 23.01.2015.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A study of ARES Shipyard...

1/26/2015
An agreement regarding the Acoustic Decoy System for Submarines (Launcher), valuing TL 34.000.000,- has been signed between ASELSAN and Ministry of National Defense. Within this context, the deliveries of the Launcher Systems which will be developed and produced by our Company will be made in 2018-2019.

This disclosure is made according to the permission of Ministry of National Defense that has arrived to our company on 23.01.2015.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A study of ARES Shipyard...

I was waiting for something like this. A ship that just launches unmanned vehicles. They need to make one that carries like 10 UAV Helicopters. You could actually make one out of a smaller cargo ship or something. Those are cheap to make and they can cross oceans.

A ship about this size except it carries those sivrisinek uavs:

Hajo.jpg

37895.jpg

Obviously it would be modified some but it wouldn't need much modification.

I was waiting for something like this. A ship that just launches unmanned vehicles. They need to make one that carries like 10 UAV Helicopters. You could actually make one out of a smaller cargo ship or something. Those are cheap to make and they can cross oceans.

A ship about this size except it carries those sivrisinek uavs:

View attachment 186890

View attachment 186892

Obviously it would be modified some but it wouldn't need much modification.
What use would it have, i dont think we need air surveillance over such big distances, even if you need to protect it with other ships.

Or you just use the new satellite. ;)

What use would it have, i dont think we need air surveillance over such big distances, even if you need to protect it with other ships.

Or you just use the new satellite. ;)
I'm thinking armed sivrisinek's. I think something like this would be practical in the aegean with all of those islands and what not. Situations where you need to deal with many different threats simultaneously.

1/26/2015

ASELSAN signs 34 million TL worth agreement

ASELSAN will provide decoy launcher for Turkish submarines. Turkish Defence Ministry and ASELSAN signed 34 million TL worth contract for the Project. ASELSAN that produces decoys for submarines will develop launchers to complete system. Launchers will be delivered in 2018-2019.

ASELSAN signs 34 million TL worth agreement

1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom