What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Mr Demir:
Turkish type assault boat project (60+knots) is coming.
Unmanned naval platforms (Small, medium and bigger platforms) are being developed.
Evolution of Tf-2000 is proceeding in acc to national missile, sensor packages
Turkish industry is considering to nationalize the marine propulsion systems by providing own solutions.

Shame national VLS won't reach the first TF-2000... but rest is all good news

I'm certain he said it in the recent live stream, but I was doing something same time so may have misheard.
Here found it; but it wasn't TF-2000 but first I-Class he was mentioning, my bad

Yep, MDAS won’t reach first I class but other 3 and Tf-2000 will have MDAS. At least, That is what I have understood.

Sounds good but what about the missiles on TF-2000 with CAFRAD and MDAS for example?

Let's assume SM-6 and Aster-30 are our two options wouldn't they b*tching around as usual?

SM-6 is far superior to ASTER-30

ASTER-30 = range 120 km and altitude 20km
SM-6 = range 240 km and altitude 34km

and SM-6 has great capabilities such as anti air warfare for over the horizon shot with Cooperative Engagement Capability, also terminal ballistic missile defense , also if needed to intercept supersonic anti ship missiles like Russian KH-31 which is Egyptian Airforce's inventory

also SM-6 can be used as a supersonic anti ship missile , if needed
even GPS guidance to the SM-6 that it has the capability to strike land targets if needed

SM-6 is great missile
but the US doesnt allow SM3 or SM-6 on Turkish TF-2000 with GENESIS battle management system and CAFRAD Radar , instead of American AEGIS battle management system and AN/SPY1 Radar

İf Russia agree , maybe we can use Turkish modified ( radar software ) S500-naval version ( 400km 77N6-N hypersonic air defense missile against ballistic missiles and fighter jets/aircrafts ) on TF-2000
Vay amk. People still telling stories russians have best missiles:)

İ would say to Americans, shut up and take my money.

MDAS will have quad-pack capability ?

for example the ESSM is loaded in a quad-pack with 4 missiles in one canister ... ( ISTIF class Frigate 16 cells MK-41 VLS for 64 ESSM SAMs )

on the other hand French SYLVER VLS doesnt have quad-pack capability .... so pathetic
( FREMM class Frigates 16 cells A-43 VLS for 16 ASTER-15 SAMs )

if MDAS without quad-pack capability , then we will lose 48 missiles on ISTIF class Frigate

Vay amk. People still telling stories russians have best missiles:)

Ship based American SM-3 missile has range of 2500km and speed of mach 13 to intercept Ballistic Missiles ..... Russians even can not dreaming about it

but Russian S400 / S500 far better than American PATRIOT and French/Italian SAMP-T against Fighter Jets - AWACS - Strategic Bombers

Last edited:
Integrating a missile without producer's input to a new VLS is usually cumbersome. Korea equips two different VLS systems into their ships, one is for firing American missiles whereas the other is used for their homegrown armament.

MDAS will have quad-pack capability ?

for example the ESSM is loaded in a quad-pack with 4 missiles in one canister ... ( ISTIF class Frigate 16 cells MK-41 VLS for 64 ESSM SAMs )

on the other hand French SYLVER VLS doesnt have quad-pack capability .... so pathetic
( FREMM class Frigates 16 cells A-43 VLS for 16 ASTER-15 SAMs )

if MDAS without quad-pack capability , then we will lose 48 missiles on ISTIF class Frigate
Sylver is quadpacked for CAMM and it can take 2 CAMM ER per cell.

Sounds good but what about the missiles on TF-2000 with CAFRAD and MDAS for example?

Let's assume SM-6 and Aster-30 are our two options wouldn't they b*tching around as usual?

Ismail Demir stated that Concept determination phase (GUMS) were completed; official texts were translated to 4 languages. Partners are waiting for final deal to start development of long range surface to air missile based on SAMP-T. The missiles to be developed will have operability to meet the requirements of 3 partner countries.

When the naval surface to air missiles were matured, The navy will have following options;

• G-40 Medium Altitude (ESSM-2, CAMM-Er equivalent)
  • Siper Long Altitude
  • GUMS (If this project don’t meet a road accident)

Sylver is quadpacked for CAMM and it can take 2 CAMM ER per cell.

SYLVER VLS can be quad-packed in one cell for 16km CROTALE too .... and 25km CAMM is for Royal Navy

but French-Italian Navies use 30km ASTER-15 and SYLVER VLS can not be quad-packed in one cell for 30km ASTER-15

and Egyptian Navy buys FREMM/BERGAMINI class Frigates from France and Italy
so Egyptian Navy FREMM/BERGAMINI class Frigates will be armed with 16 cells SYLVER VLS for 16 ASTER-15 SAMs

on the other hand Turkish Navy modernized MEKO-200 and new ISTIF class Frigates will be armed with 16 cells MK-41 VLS for 64 ESSM SAMs

SYLVER VLS can be quad-packed in one cell for 16km CROTALE too .... and 25km CAMM is for Royal Navy

but French-Italian Navies use 30km ASTER-15 and SYLVER VLS can not be quad-packed in one cell for 30km ASTER-15

and Egyptian Navy buys FREMM/BERGAMINI class Frigates from France and Italy
so Egyptian Navy buys FREMM/BERGAMINI class Frigates will be armed with 16 cells VLS for 16 ASTER-15 SAMs

on the other hand Turkish Navy modernized MEKO-200 and new ISTIF class Frigates will be armed with 16 cells MK-41 VLS foor 64 ESSM SAMs
It depends on what missiles you want to buy. The RN will use CAMM in the same VLS as the FREMM, so the end user can just switch from Aster to CAMM just like the RN will.So will the Italians but only 2 CAMM ER per cell, not 4.

Mr Demir:
Turkish type assault boat project (60+knots) is coming.
Unmanned naval platforms (Small, medium and bigger platforms) are being developed.
Evolution of Tf-2000 is proceeding in acc to national missile, sensor packages
Turkish industry is considering to nationalize the marine propulsion systems by providing own solutions.

Indonesia and Philippines might be interested given that our price would most likely be very competitive.

Back
Top Bottom