What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

So now, we can assume that TF-2000 could like that

20170923ran8095633_001.jpg

I think Type-45 is a better comparison.

View attachment 432575
A likely partnership on TF-2000 program is almost impossible, not more than a consultancy service for a foreign shipyard. TF-2000 will be a national proud naval ship which is being designed by ArmerKom and to be produced by Turkish shipyards. It is the same reason British Type-26 frigate partnership efforts was not considered.

Spain was supposedly interested in a partnership as they wanted to expand cooperation with us.

Attachments

• D37-HMS-Duncan-007.jpg
    D37-HMS-Duncan-007.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 109
I think Type-45 is a better comparison.

View attachment 432575

Spain was supposedly interested in a partnership as they wanted to expand cooperation with us.

IMO the partnership is highly unlikely but, i suspect that Spaniards are trying to infiltrate projects like TF2000 and even Milgem by using their participation in the LHD Project.

Last edited:
IMO the partnership is highly unlikely but, i suspect that Spaniards are trying to infiltrate projects like TF2000 and even Milgem by using their participation in the LHD Project.

Which is fair, we don't have any capabilities of developing or constructing 'Destroyer' class ships. Reducing risks is important, I wouldn't be surprised if French, Brits or Spaniards are helping with TF-2000.

We can work with Koreans from many field without hesitate because Turkish defence industry brightened with help of Koreans at first times.

So if tech transfer is mentioned wont be problem from our side. They are still our very good friend.

Last edited:
This is new one just built

Will Turkish navy build another one to replace it? Has recent Qatari situation not not put Turk-Saudi relationship on edge ?

It will be a political decision, KSA will get the LST and one ADA class too, if negotiations are completed. They need amphibious capacity for their new islands and Yemen conflict. It is also a hint that Turkey will go soon for a second LHD and accelerate Istanbul Classs Frigates and TF 2000 destroyers ( now they are official mentioned as destroyers ).

I think it's best Turkey builds more LST for itself then sells

Selling of equipment like this is never a good idea

No need to be desperate for petro dollar

Reminds me of Royal Navy sale to Australia prior to Falklands, another 6 months and UK wouldn't even have a carrier for 1982 war

I think it's best Turkey builds more LST for itself then sells

Selling of equipment like this is never a good idea

No need to be desperate for petro dollar

Reminds me of Royal Navy sale to Australia prior to Falklands, another 6 months and UK wouldn't even have a carrier for 1982 war

Brother Ikbal, Turkey is in a defence sector hype. Invest in Turkish defence the next 10 years

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom