What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Where the test facilities gonna be built @isoo ?
Probably Istanbul Technical University, since towing tank is located in there.
Additionally there might be a new towing /maneuvering tank located in Teknopark Istanbul, still there are rumors about this.

I know Combat-Master from militaryphotos net which does not exist anymore. He is always a great source of information (and photos). Cabatli-53 too.

The question is if the test took place in Turkey or Netherlands or France... Orko says in Turkey but Navy recognition perhaps in France.
I can say, its in Turkey for sure.

TCG Anadolu LHD rising block by block

DMRimcYW4AE_b-8.jpg
DMNPt3QWAAAWF2W.jpg

Awesome! Our light aircraft carrier is coming together nicely! Looks like it'll be on time for launch in 2021.

We have to develope VTOL UCAV for this ship until 2023, because USA can take us under ambargo then it will be impossible to buy F35B.

UAV Allways fast solition rather than manned aircrafts

We have to develope VTOL UCAV for this ship until 2023, because USA can take us under ambargo then it will be impossible to buy F35B.

UAV Allways fast solition rather than manned aircrafts
Yes, absolutely. Even if things don't go that bad with the US, that would be prudent planning. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. A heavy, HALE class UCAV with a hook for carrier landings would fit the profile. We should have and operate something like that even along with the F-35Bs if we do receive them. I just don't trust US hardware much given the threat they pose to Turkish national security.

Something stealthy like the X-47 would be a dream.

p012srk7.jpg

God. I really wish TEI would up their game a bit with domestic jet engine development. We're sooo f-ing behind.

Last edited:
hook for carrier landings would fit the profile.

Hook system is a part integrated catapult launch system and is not planned for ANADOLU. It's high tech. We could use emergency capture systems as on airfields, but damaging the UAVs. VTOL s could be realistic.

Hook system is a part integrated catapult launch system and is not planned for ANADOLU. It's high tech. We could use emergency capture systems as on airfields, but damaging the UAVs. VTOL s could be realistic.
You may be right. The ski jump may allow us to do away with the catapult. It should be enough for STOVL type aircraft.

RAM is visible

Outdated tech. Using it on the pinnacle of your navy-development capablities would be a shame.

Even more so when you are working on your own CIWS system(Korkut) and on a Laser-based one(if they still work on it)

Or get the SeaRAM. Using Block 1/2 is stupid.

Outdated tech. Using it on the pinnacle of your navy-development capablities would be a shame.

Even more so when you are working on your own CIWS system(Korkut) and on a Laser-based one(if they still work on it)

The picture is old.
State of the art could be railgun and Laser Tech, in combination with Korkut ( which uses Oerlikon guns ) for CIWS.

But I believe that Tübitak - Railgun and Aselsan - Laser Weapons developments are only PR at the moment.
Even US- or western systems are not combat proven.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom