What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Outdated tech. Using it on the pinnacle of your navy-development capablities would be a shame.

Even more so when you are working on your own CIWS system(Korkut) and on a Laser-based one(if they still work on it)

Or get the SeaRAM. Using Block 1/2 is stupid.
Lets just wait for the final design,im sure they will use uptodate weapon systems.

The picture is old.
State of the art could be railgun and Laser Tech, in combination with Korkut ( which uses Oerlikon guns ) for CIWS.

But I believe that Tübitak - Railgun and Aselsan - Laser Weapons developments are only PR at the moment.
Even US- or western systems are not combat proven.

It can be old but it is on the official Turkish-Navy site. So either they should update it or not use it on a new article about the TF-2000 Destroyer(if it's old which I doubt).

Lets just wait for the final design,im sure they will use uptodate weapon systems.

Hopefully. If not and they really use RAM I will not be sure anymore if the people on the top even have brains.

It can be old but it is on the official Turkish-Navy site. So either they should update it or not use it on a new article about the TF-2000 Destroyer(if it's old which I doubt).

10 years ago Kuvvet had no reliable secure website.

10 years ago Kuvvet had no reliable secure website.

Sadly our Armed Forces have much to learn and have to catch up in terms of Social Media, PR and even Propaganda. Look at the US, Brits and Russia we can learn many things from them in many aspects. The Americans and Brits even have Twitter Account for their Ships.

But I'm getting off topic.

Hopefully. If not and they really use RAM I will not be sure anymore if the people on the top even have brains.

Industry has a surface to air missile project for Navy called "Sapan" which is thought to be a RAM equivalent. Korkut-D and Laser CIWS are also options that can be integrated on frigates/destroyers for close range protection.

Guys, what are 1 or 2 good alternatives to the F-35B to operate from TCG Anadolu? I don't expect a country who stopped issuing our citizens tourist visas to hand us any freaking stealth fighters.

Except Harrier there is no combat proven fighter to operate from Anadolu, cause there is no landing hook.

The US can't break contract with Turkey as we have an agreement with them as Level 3 Partners. The moment they do Turkey can sue them infront of independent courts which would mean a loss of billions if not even more for the US. Also one of the three maintance bases is located in Turkey. The Brits have to send their F-35s to us for maintance on the engines and on the plane in general.

Amphibious vessels will be delivered 2020 to Turkish Navy

DMp1ctPX0AELf9N.jpg

@ATALAY How many ZAHAs can TCG Anadolu carry while in full flight deck (light aircraft carrier) configuration? I mean, when it's optimized to carry the maximum number of F-35Bs and helicopters?

@ATALAY How many ZAHAs can TCG Anadolu carry while in full flight deck (light aircraft carrier) configuration? I mean, when it's optimized to carry the maximum number of F-35Bs and helicopters?

In the picture 27 - ZAHA are mentioned. Up to now we haven't ordered STOVL F-35 B.

A likely partnership on TF-2000 program is almost impossible, not more than a consultancy service for a foreign shipyard. TF-2000 will be a national proud naval ship which is being designed by ArmerKom and to be produced by Turkish shipyards. It is the same reason British Type-26 frigate partnership efforts was not considered.

The final shape/looks/design of the TF-2000 isn't all that important so long as it has modern sensor and battle management systems and it utilizes domestically produced missiles/guns/torpedos capable of taking on anything the enemy throws our way. Afterall, the hull is just a "container" that holds all that together. This is not a beauty contest. We should look at it from only a capability point of view.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom