What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Have a little faith Daniel son. TF-2000 project will commence soon enough. If fiance wasn't such an issue, we wouldn't cut back from initial Milgem order of 8+4, to four today by replacing the other few with TF-100 project.

I am also curious to hear what your source is on these rumours?

Have a little faith Daniel son. TF-2000 project will commence soon enough. If fiance wasn't such an issue, we wouldn't cut back from initial Milgem order of 8+4, to four today by replacing the other few with TF-100 project.

I am also curious to hear what your source is on these rumours?
It is not really about money, people has spoken a few pages in here why the navy shifted from milgem to I class.
TF2000 is still somewhere in concept design, and while people are defending it could be commissioned in 2023, or even launched i denied yet, and last chart from Secretariat has shown that.
So i dont much agree on it will commence soon, but there are a few years at least if we are speaking about the construction on the other side the project has started a decade ago.
Those are not rumours but what people from those companies has spoken to magazines , yet my affiliation helps me to get these kind of information from companies.

It is not really about money, people has spoken a few pages in here why the navy shifted from milgem to I class.
TF2000 is still somewhere in concept design, and while people are defending it could be commissioned in 2023, or even launched i denied yet, and last chart from Secretariat has shown that.
So i dont much agree on it will commence soon, but there are a few years at least if we are speaking about the construction on the other side the project has started a decade ago.
Those are not rumours but what people from those companies has spoken to magazines , yet my affiliation helps me to get these kind of information from companies.
Isoo its about politics. Could you imagine that Germany would arrest a Turkish terrorist ? Spain did. They arrested AKHANLI German citizen, former Turkish citizen accused in Turkey cause murder and robbery as DHKP- C member. He is still in Spain and Germany begs Spain not to deliver him to Turkey. If Spain cooperates in Turkish legal anti terror warfare, they will participate for sure in defense projects. This are real chess steps and truth.

Turkish defence industry is in serious trouble, it seems.

ALL major projects have been stuck...and we don't know if they'll ever be completed within an acceptable time frame.

Altay Tanks...stuck/started production: No.
TF-1000....Stuck/ started production: No.
TFX fighter jet....nobody knows what happened
Missile projects...stuck and same old tests with only 280km range
Anka UCAV....stuck for many years/started production: No.

It's been YEARS since these projects started, and no significant progress is a serious sign for trouble for the Turkish industry

ALL major projects have been stuck...and we don't know if they'll ever be completed within an acceptable time frame.

It's been YEARS since these projects started, and no significant progress is a serious sign for trouble for the Turkish industry
1. Altay: Development of the first Altay MBT variant was completed. It hasn't entered full-scale production because the Turkish Gov't hasn't yet awarded a contract to any of the competing manufacturers. Otokar said it was ready to manufacture, but it didn't win the bid. Nurol Group and BMC are competing for the bid.

2. TF-1000: No such thing as TF-1000. Either I-Class Frigate or TF-2000. Turkey began constructing the first I-Class in January, it's scheduled for completion by 2021. TF-2000 is in the design phase.

3. TFX: TAI, BAE and the Turkish Gov't signed a letter-of-agreement on the TFX in May during IDEF. BAE is responsible (under contract) for leading the design process.

4. Missiles: The Atmaca AShM is still undergoing tests, but the UMTAS ATGM entered service. The long-range ones were always going to be tough and their own projections set entry at way past 2020.

5. The Anka UAV has been in service with the Turkish Armed Forces (TSK). Its new armed variant was even used in combat in July. The TSK will also begin receiving the SATCOM-equipped Anka-S, if it hasn't already.

First We are new at defence sector and 30 years period isnt a long time to develope it from the begining.
We have learnt how to develope New systems so We have some knowhow about developing prototypes.
New phase begun for us. That is production phase and is not that easy. We will learn how to transfer a developed prototype to production phase and it will take times. Its normal isnt it?

Last edited:

1 .... ALTAY Tank is ready for mass production and the Altay will be powered with an engine provided by Ukraine instead of German engine ... The tender for the mass production of Altay tank will be held in 2017 and Turkish vehicle manufacturers Otokar, BMC and FNSS will take part in a tender for mass production of ALTAY Tank

also Turkish Aselsan AKKOR active protection system will be ready by 2020-2021

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2 ..... TF-100 =TF4500 class stealth Frigate will be in service by 2029 ( planed )

- 150 m
- 4500 t
- 32 cells VLS
- 16 x 220+ km ATMACA anti ship missiles

by 2017 Turkey started to produce MILGEM-I class stealth Frigate and 4 of MILGEM-I class stealth Frigates will be in service between 2021 and 2024

- 113 m
- 3000 t
- 250 km SMART-S MKII Radar
- 16 cells VLS ( 64 x 50km ESSM )

also TURKEY develops TF-2000 class Destroyer will be in service by 2024 ( planed )

- 150 m
- 7000 t
- 450 km CAFRAD GaN based AESA Radar
- 48 cells VLS ( HISAR-O and HISAR-U SAMs , GEZGIN LACM , ASROC )

Turkey will be the 3rd NATO Country that will use its own GENESIS Combat Management System + CAFRAD Multi-function/illumination/Fire control/Long range Early Warning Radar Complex + HISAR surface to air missiles + KORKUT-D CIWS + ATMACA anti ship missile + GEZGIN Land Attack Cruise Missile + ASELSAN Electronic Warfare Systems + ORKA leight Torpedo + TORK anti torpedo hard kill system on its own designed Destroyer after the US and France and the first Islamic Country in the World

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

3 .... TAI TFX Fighter Jet is expected to make its first flight by 2023....... by 2017 elaborated on TAI’s recent £ 100 million deal with the British BAE Systems , stating that BAE will provide 400 man/years of engineering consulting and support work to Turkish Aaerospace Industries to develop the TFX

also Rolls-Royce signed a deal with Turkey’s Kale Group, which is a defense and aerospace firm to produce aircraft engines in the future

ASELSAN is developing new electronics suites including an AESA Radar and Next-generation Electronic Warfare Systems and Mission computer

TUBITAK SAGE - ROKETSAN are developing GOKTURK AA missiles ,, Laser guided and Smart Bombs and SOM-J Cruise Missile ( anti ship / land attack )

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

4 .... 280km KAAN Tactical Ballistic Missile is export version ..... Some Defense experts
are suggesting that the BORA version that is nearing completion can reach 1,000 km

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

5 ... ANKA UAVs are in service and on July 12 2017 Turkish Ministry of Defence annaounced that the ANKA UAV undertook its first armed strike against Pkk Terrorists

also soon Satellite connectivity will enable the Turkish Armed Forces to use the ANKA beyond its 200 km LoS range

and TAI ANKA is one of the best in the World

so no any problem

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

A possible clue for Atmaca SSM;

Over a year ago roketsan has already delivered control panel of Atmaca SSM for integration in I class, it has been more than a year and possibly it is already integrated in the management system and control panel went through an R&D to shrink the size for accesibility in control room.
Sorry mates i cant just make fancy posts with pictures:undecided: . I believe in somewhere they tested Atmaca with guide.

Visby vs Milgem

21032704_1578134288884657_183449287237347158_n.jpg

20915498_1578134285551324_4623117128820989549_n.jpg

1 .... ALTAY Tank is ready for mass production and the Altay will be powered with an engine provided by Ukraine instead of German engine ... The tender for the mass production of Altay tank will be held in 2017 and Turkish vehicle manufacturers Otokar, BMC and FNSS will take part in a tender for mass production of ALTAY Tank

also Turkish Aselsan AKKOR active protection system will be ready by 2020-2021

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2 ..... TF-100 =TF4500 class stealth Frigate will be in service by 2029 ( planed )

- 150 m
- 4500 t
- 32 cells VLS

by 2017 Turkey started to produce MILGEM-I class stealth Frigate and 4 of MILGEM-I class stealth Frigates will be in service between 2021 and 2024

- 113 m
- 3000 t
- 250 km SMART-S MKII Radar
- 16 cells VLS ( 64 x 50km ESSM )

also TURKEY develops TF-2000 class Destroyer will be in service by 2024 ( planed )

- 150 m
- 7000 t
- 450 km CAFRAD GaN based AESA Radar
- 48 cells VLS ( HISAR-O and HISAR-U SAMs , GEZGIN LACM , ASROC )

Turkey will be the 3rd NATO Country that will use its own GENESIS Combat Management System + CAFRAD Multi-function/illumination/Fire control/Long range Early Warning Radar Complex + HISAR surface to air missiles + KORKUT-D CIWS + ATMACA anti ship missile + GEZGIN Land Attack Cruise Missile + ASELSAN Electronic Warfare Systems + ORKA leight Torpedo + TORK anti torpedo hard kill system on its own designed Destroyer after the US and France and the first Islamic Country in the World

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

3 .... TAI TFX Fighter Jet is expected to make its first flight by 2023....... by 2017 elaborated on TAI’s recent £ 100 million deal with the British BAE Systems , stating that BAE will provide 400 man/years of engineering consulting and support work to Turkish Aaerospace Industries to develop the TFX

also Rolls-Royce signed a deal with Turkey’s Kale Group, which is a defense and aerospace firm to produce aircraft engines in the future

ASELSAN is developing new electronics suites including an AESA Radar and Next-generation Electronic Warfare Systems and Mission computer

TUBITAK SAGE - ROKETSAN are developing GOKTURK AA missiles ,, Laser guided and Smart Bombs and SOM-J Cruise Missile ( anti ship / land attack )

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

4 .... 280km KAAN Tactical Ballistic Missile is export version ..... Some Defense experts
are suggesting that the BORA version that is nearing completion can reach 1,000 km

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

5 ... ANKA UAVs are in service and on July 12 2017 Turkish Ministry of Defence annaounced that the ANKA UAV undertook its first armed strike against Pkk Terrorists

also soon Satellite connectivity will enable the Turkish Armed Forces to use the ANKA beyond its 200 km LoS range

and TAI ANKA is one of the best in the World

so no any problem

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

A lot of what you have written above is not going to be fully developed, inducted, and deployed by the time you say you stated...if ever.

That's just a fact. Altay was supposed to be in service in significant numbers by next year. It's not even in production-contract phase as of now.

220km+ indigenous anti ship missiles deployed by Turkey in next few years? That's height of optimism if we go by Turkeys delivery record uptil now.

Don't take me negatively, it's just that we all are coming to grips that Turkish industry needs alottttttt of time to reach maturization and advancement levels of France, UK, Spain, Italy, and even Israel etc.

I wish nothing but best of luck to Turks!

It's Erdogans fault. :meeting:

It's Erdogans fault. :meeting:

I thought Sultan Erdogan understood the importance of indigenous military industrial power and took personal interest in making sure that Turkey becomes an independent military power with local industry to support it.

Honestly, that's a BIG part of why Erdogan gets so much support from wider Muslim peoples---bc of this image that he genuinely wants to make Turkey prosperous and most importantly powerful!

So how come Erdo is to be blamed? Probably his petty politics whereby he doesn't want to award koc brothers any contracts etc...even if they best fit for the job

A lot of what you have written above is not going to be fully developed, inducted, and deployed by the time you say you stated...if ever.

That's just a fact.

I don't think you understand what "fact" means.

220km+ indigenous anti ship missiles deployed by Turkey in next few years? That's height of optimism if we go by Turkeys delivery record uptil now.

Atmaca has been in testing for a year. Deployment in the next few years is very likely.

I wish nothing but best of luck to Turks!

Yes, I'm sure that's why you constantly make these ignorant posts about how all Turkish projects are failed and will never happen.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom