What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Turkish defence industry is in serious trouble, it seems.

ALL major projects have been stuck...and we don't know if they'll ever be completed within an acceptable time frame.

Altay Tanks...stuck/started production: No.
TF-1000....Stuck/ started production: No.
TFX fighter jet....nobody knows what happened
Missile projects...stuck and same old tests with only 280km range
Anka UCAV....stuck for many years/started production: No.

It's been YEARS since these projects started, and no significant progress is a serious sign for trouble for the Turkish industry
New products producing non stop, defense industries going forward, Big projects always has hiccups or ups and downs. These products not growing on trees. Lol. I m personally thanks to all Turkish engineers whom working day and night to try to close the technological gap. Thank you...
How some of our ungrateful friends can't see the effort which It is sad. If you look back not too far 1 or 2 decades ago as a country we can t even produce a rifle etc. but now every other week you can be able see new product or upgraded version.

I don't think you understand what "fact" means.

Atmaca has been in testing for a year. Deployment in the next few years is very likely.

Yes, I'm sure that's why you constantly make these ignorant posts about how all Turkish projects are failed and will never happen.

Atmaca has been in testing....but what exactly is Atmaca? A 220km+ range anti-ship Missile? I find it hard to believe.

What happened to the Turkish naval cruise missile Gengin or something? Any test? Any news? Consolidated specifications?

Nothing, again.

At this rate Turkey might complete current projects by 2040...and by then the world would have moved on to different things

ATMACA and Gezgin belong to the highly classified group of arms developments, we know their existence but can't get detailed record how far the development is. One day when it is finished it'll be introduced. In the meantime I-class frigate is being constructed with launchers for ATMACA, so you can deduce a bit when approx. the ATMACA will go into service.

Secondly Roketsan has begun development of encapsulations for ATMACA ASM missiles and Gezgin cruise missiles for submarine launch. Kinda like the encapsulation for the exocet missile:
lWAkQg.jpg

Atmaca has been in testing....but what exactly is Atmaca? A 220km+ range anti-ship Missile? I find it hard to believe.

What happened to the Turkish naval cruise missile Gengin or something? Any test? Any news? Consolidated specifications?

Nothing, again.

At this rate Turkey might complete current projects by 2040...and by then the world would have moved on to different things
Why it is hard to believe in that? The recent news have been shared in here yet you seem ignoring and acting 3 monkeys.

Naval gezgin have been just spoken, but naval based land attack cruiser missile is something easy to develop if desired. Just adding a booster to som, and its in the slots of SSMs.

At least the secretariat is sharing path line, yet i think its hard to believe if a country completes a military project in the exact time.

@AUz

Official pictures of Anti ship missile Atmaca.

Good.

Hoping to see a day where Turkish built ships and submarines are armed with indigenous Turkish anti-ship and cruise missiles with medium-long range (500km+).

Turkey needs to build its naval and air power significantly considering the volalite situation of the region.

We dont care about your ideas ..... Turkish Defense Industry is booming and enemies are crying everyhere

what about Turkish OMTAS anti Tank Missile ? Spain , Italy even Israel have no missile as like latest technology Turkish OMTAS anti Tank Missile

also what about Turkish CIRIT , MIZRAK Missiles for Attack Helicopters ? Spain , Italy even Israel uses inferior American Hydra70 and HELLFIRE

also what about Turkish SOM cruise Missile ( anti ship/land attack ) ? Spain , Italy even Israel have no cruise missile as like Turkish SOM cruise Missile ( anti ship/land attack )

also what about Turkish Aselsan ASELPOD targeting Pod ? Spain , Italy have no their own targeting Pod ... and only 3 in NATO ( The US..Turkey and France )

also Turkish Aselsan MEHPOD jamming Pod .. only 4 in worldwide ( The US,,Israel,,Turkey and Russia )

also what about Turkish Aselsan KORAL Radar Electronic Warfare System ? Spain , Italy even Israel have no their own Radar Electronic Warfare System

also Turkey has developed one of the best Rifle in the World ... MPT-76 has passed 42 NATO test successfully .... Spain , Italy even Israel are dreaming about it

also Turkey has developed TORK anti torpedo hard kill system .... ( only 5 in worldwide The US,,Israel,,Turkey ,,Germany and Russia )

also Turkish ORKA leight torpedo and AKYA heavy torpedo

also by 2004 Turkey was the 4th country in the world that developed smart bomb after the US..Israel and Russia .... Turkish LGK Laser guided Bomb and HGK , KGK , TEBER smart Bombs

also Turkish Bayraktar TB-2S and ANKA armed Drones with MAM-C and MAM-L laser guided missiles ( only 6 in worldwide The US,,Israel,,Turkey,,China,,Pakistan,,Iran )

also Turkish ADA class Corvettes are in service and Turkish MILGEM-I class stealth Frigate is under construction and will be in service by 2021 with 220+ km ATMACA anti ship missiles ( btw Turkey develops RAMJET for mach 2.9 supersonic speed )

and TF-2000 class Destroyer will be in service until 2024 with ATMACA anti ship missiles + HISAR Air Defense Missiles + GEZGIN cruise Missiles and 450+ km CAFRAD GaN based AESA Radar

also Turkey has developed YAVUZ truck mounted 155mm Howitzer for modernization Turkish Army .... and Turkey has developed 50+km ammunition for T-155 Storm Howitzer

also Turkish 40km TRG-122 and 120km TRG-300 guided MLRSs are in service since 2016 ( only 2 in NATO The US and Turkey )

also Turkey has developed BORA Tactical Ballistic Missile ( only Turkey in Europe ) Turkey can hit Baghdat ,, Cairo ,, Tel Aviv ,, Taheran ,, Athens

also soon Turkish MILDAR fire control Radar will be fitted to T-129 Attack Helicopter

also Turkish T-625 Utility Helicopter first flight by 2018

also Turkish ANKA MALE UAV is one of the best in the world .... Turkey started to develop AKINCI HALE UAV .... ( only 2 in NATO The US and TURKEY )

also Turkish 600 km ASELSAN Gan based Early Warning AESA Radar will be in service by 2020

and about 500 military projects

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

President ERDOGAN is not stupid to pay $12 million for a Tank ... even K2 Black Panther Tank priced at $8 million in S.Korea

Otokar said its final offer to start the mass production of the Altay was found ineligible by the Undersecretary of Defense Industry due to disagreements over some contract terms, mainly over price, adding the authority would likely meet the need through a tender

in the 2017-2021 Strategic Plan published by the Undersecretariat of Defense Industries the primary date for the first Altay Tank entering service was set for 2020

and AKKOR active protection hard kill system will be ready by 2020-2021

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hopefully all these projects are completed in a timely manner.

Best of luck to Turkey.

Turkish state needs to become extremely serious about its defence industry development.

Turkey should be in top ten largest defence industries in the world

I didn't get it? Should we take this photo a real ?
Its possible. On that time there were some rumors about it. If its true it would be as funny as its sad. But I still remember how they transported test version of Korkut- D on uncovered truck like they are transporting watermelons.

Its possible. On that time there were some rumors about it. If its true it would be as funny as its sad. But I still remember how they transported test version of Korkut- D on uncovered truck like they are transporting watermelons.

5865bf40ae78492830d1d615.jpg

The story in detail

https://www.cnnturk.com/turkiye/ase...savunma-sistemini-tasiyan-tekne-karaya-oturdu

" Quote :

Since there is no official statements about the incident, there is a (though small) possibility that my story may turn out to be wrong. And I would like to thank Alper Böler for his carefull observation. "

https://turkishnavy.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/alcatras1.jpg

alcatras1.jpg

Last edited:
5865bf40ae78492830d1d615.jpg

The story in detail

https://www.cnnturk.com/turkiye/ase...savunma-sistemini-tasiyan-tekne-karaya-oturdu

" Quote :

Since there is no official statements about the incident, there is a (though small) possibility that my story may turn out to be wrong. And I would like to thank Alper Böler for his carefull observation. "

https://turkishnavy.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/alcatras1.jpg

alcatras1.jpg
Interesting tactic by the way https://www.defensenews.com/global/...ders-civilian-ships-adapted-for-military-use/

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom