What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

zBagP9.jpg
Milgem is lightly armed compared to SOME of its competitors.

Only thing I can see there is STAMP being smaller caliber compared to the other ships. When Korkut naval version is ready that gap will be filled. It's also not such a big deal because the RAM does most of the job there anyway (same for the SAM).

4th unit in the water

This is a very good ship many good western country's would want this type it should not be played down

Only down side is that it took almost 12 years to get 4 units in the water that is way too slow

Istanbul class must be faster

4th unit in the water

This is a very good ship many good western country's would want this type it should not be played down

Only down side is that it took almost 12 years to get 4 units in the water that is way too slow

Istanbul class must be faster

The biggest issue with this project is that it never evolved to where private shipyards could take over, but I guess it's finally clear that Turkish Navy was not interested in any more Ada-Class Corvettes hence only 4 out of 12 planned are built. Next up, Istanbul-Class frigate.

PrnM5d.jpg

Last edited:
The biggest issue with this project is that it never evolved to where private shipyards could take over, but I guess it's finally clear that Turkish Navy was not interested in any more Ada-Class Corvettes hence only 4 out of 12 planned are built. Next up, Istanbul-Class frigate.

PrnM5d.jpg
Yet, none of the private shipyards and getting their hand in the mud, they are just drooling for the profit they would gain in a shorter way. Eventhough its clear in the future plan, or as said by secreteriat , still private shipyards are trying not to involve or cooperate or spending money for training of staff and improving their equipments.
This is why ,they are not involved yet and they wont be involved any soon as its planned before than 2020s.

I wouldnt say so,
Milgem could sacrifice from RCS and invest in more armanement. Not a big deal to include an 16 cell VLS with a raise on the deck or 35 mm controlled guns (there is enough space around stamp if they are considering for larger one). Also it could be fitted with 2 phalanx on aft and VLS on far (that would only hold ESSM).
As not noted in that list, milgem can carry 2 helos designed for that ,and conduct repairing and maintenance or reloading / refueling of those helos with the hangar.

There is nothing as "best" in the comparison. But there is having what you need, and milgem was what we needed (still it could he improved but the doctrine is changing like fast, so a bigger one needed) its not adequate for now and we are going for a bigger one.
Take a look on FAC project and it could be seen that its not about less or more ammunation, its about task.

PrnM5d.jpg

Any reason the Navy would cut the order? And how many I-Class Frigates will be build?

Any reason the Navy would cut the order? And how many I-Class Frigates will be build?
One will be built in one year, then the rest three will be built by private shipyards at the same time so the production of I class will be very fast.

The production rate of Ada class became slow because of political issues. But maybe it became better and the number of Ada class decreased because Navy preferred heavier armed ones.

Back
Top Bottom