What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Tf-100: (must be a sinilar concept to xtf-4500): 4500t
@cabatli_53

I remembered something.

IDEF 2017: STM Unveils its TF4500 Anti-Air Warfare Frigate

Since we will have 7000 Ton TF-2000 for Anti-Air Warfare. It doesn't makes sense to me, to employ another class (which would be significantly smaller than TF-2000) for the same role.....

Maybe we should expect something like Arleigh Burke class, a guided missile frigate (similar tonnage like TF-2000) which would fire Gezgin LACM from VLS cells ?

just a quick but maybe stupid question guys. is it possible to mount multiple bora launchers and missiles on those ships? seems like it would be a good siege or land attack ship with it.

just a quick but maybe stupid question guys. is it possible to mount multiple bora launchers and missiles on those ships? seems like it would be a good siege or land attack ship with it.

Probably not if we put bora it would take up to much space, and wouldn't allow the TF2000's to do their main anti air job. Plus putting bora on navy ships defeats the purpose of the missiles since they are supposed to fire from extremely far away anyway.

image.jpeg
meteksan sonar dry end

@cabatli_53

I remembered something.

IDEF 2017: STM Unveils its TF4500 Anti-Air Warfare Frigate

Since we will have 7000 Ton TF-2000 for Anti-Air Warfare. It doesn't makes sense to me, to employ another class (which would be significantly smaller than TF-2000) for the same role.....

Maybe we should expect something like Arleigh Burke class, a guided missile frigate (similar tonnage like TF-2000) which would fire Gezgin LACM from VLS cells ?
Mate,
I dont much believe STM can bring presented design any further than a concept. They have prepared it in month, thanks to the rumours they have heard about a 4500 tons frigate proposal. Yet the design they presented is useless for that tonnage when we are looking closely to length /beam ratio ,yet their curves on the ship are impractical, just waste of money and even a higher RCS area than a concentional RCS reduction like Milgem.

I more believe TF-100 will be a multi mission frigate with adequate ASW and ASuW equipment and will perform in task groups (probably 2) along sided with LHD and TF 2000 . Since coastal/patrol operations are allocated for Milgem and I class, TF 100 will be on side of LHD . Even i believe TF 2000 can be sole an AWF , TF 100 will be a sole multi mission probably with a powerful main gun and land attack capability.

Total 4 TF100 planned , 2 for each strike group. Considering the tonnage of 4500, and looking at the ships in the other navies we can say with no doubt its a multi role frigate.

so how will turkish navy will look like in 2023. what will be new ?

4 tf 100

5 ada class

6 tf 2000

1 lhd

16 subs ?

Last updates;
-Concept of TF2000 has been dealed ( Supremes in navy has finally been convinced that it cant a starship :) )
-STM is trying to convince Secreteriat of Defense Industry to involve in tender for -TF2000 with a concortium between
-Navantia (Spain) . And they have a progress on partnership with navantia.
-3rd and 4th milgem could be sold to Qatar ( only a rumour)
-In workshop for Milden, companies and universities have presented their capability for production and design of the ship. Each university has joined in a particular field. Later the details would be available. There are hopes for Milden but one thing has pointed by Navy that there lack of trained employer, as well as lack of facilities to conduct experiments in design phase.

Back
Top Bottom